PDA

View Full Version : Circle of Hatred and the Pale Master

weyoun
05-06-2010, 08:08 AM
Finished my 20th Abbot completion on my pale master. Alas, no Litany, no Blasphemy (already have the staff) but lo and behold the Circle of Hatred is there. I jump to the conclusion that the 5x harm clickies would be useful for healing in wraith form. Unfortunately they are only usable on enemy and friends. Now, unless my colleagues happen to have a Circle of Hatred and happen to notice I am in wraith mode and happen to have time to equip the item and throw me a harm, I'm pretty much hosed if I take extensive damage. The other option is to wear the Shroud of the Abbot to take advantage of the Boon to Undead effect, but my wizzy happens to be WF and so that option is clearly off the table. My FvS friends will likely never take harm and it is unlikely that my cleric companions will take a spell to occasionally harm me, an otherwise completely self healing character.

Please look at making this item useful and help ungimp the Pale Master in the process. Thank you for your time.

Calebro
05-06-2010, 08:17 AM
It's going to take a lot more than changing that item to ungimp the PM....

weyoun
05-06-2010, 08:38 AM
It's going to take a lot more than changing that item to ungimp the PM....

I could not agree more. Unfortunately, I've been conditioned to ask for changes in baby steps.

Aspenor
05-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Agreed 100%, and while you're at it add Harm scrolls to the store (IIRC they can't be bought, for some stupid reason) and allow them to target a Pale Master in undead form.

Tarnoc
05-06-2010, 09:03 AM
ok so wat did you do with the real lysol this is way too nice and politically correct for the GRIEFER.........LOL

Eladiun
05-06-2010, 09:37 AM
/signed - sounds reasonable

Failedlegend
05-06-2010, 09:53 AM
You know if you actually used this thing called "search" you would have found this

Several new arcane negative energy spells coming in update five, including an AOE that can be used to heal yourself in undead form, and the Skeleton Mage's aura of pain. In Update 5, the wraith form incorporeality being considered concealment will also be fixed, as will a bug that was preventing casters from being able to hit themselves with negative energy with AOE spells like Mass Inflicts.

It's possible that we'll add a "get out of my form" option, though that's still under consideration. We're also considering consolidation of some of the summons to reduce the overall action point cost (Not concrete but good that their at least looking into it)

Actually just go through Eladrin's posts (not threads) to find a bunch of upcoming stuff

Failedlegend
05-06-2010, 10:08 AM
oops double post

Doxmaster
05-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Yes...stuff for the next big update. Which, for all we know, could be 5 or 6 months (or a lot more, but I hope its thi or less) away. Harms scrolls is a wonderful baby step. Inflict wands would be nice too though

Calebro
05-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Yes...stuff for the next big update. Which, for all we know, could be 5 or 6 months (or a lot more, but I hope its thi or less) away. Harms scrolls is a wonderful baby step. Inflict wands would be nice too though

The new business plan (which they've stuck to so far) is 6 updates a year, which means every 2 months. There have been fluff/character-options updates in between.
Update 4 was April, so update 5 will probably be June.

weyoun
05-08-2010, 10:40 PM
You know if you actually used this thing called "search" you would have found this

Actually just go through Eladrin's posts (not threads) to find a bunch of upcoming stuff

Thanks for the hot tip pal. Now that I have the world wide internets, maybe you can help me search for more things.

This is the suggestion board. Hope you're done chiding me. The ring should work as a harm clicky for PM's. Nothing in the dev posts discusses this.

Daehawk
05-08-2010, 10:59 PM
The ring hasn't been changed to be able to use on yourself when in Wraith/Lich form? Thought it might of already had been, that's sad.

/signed to fix.

Failedlegend
05-09-2010, 12:48 PM
The ring hasn't been changed to be able to use on yourself when in Wraith/Lich form? Thought it might of already had been, that's sad.

/signed to fix.

Nothing has yet it will be in update 5 as will most applicable neg energy healing according to Eladrin

*snip*..."will also be fixed, as will a bug that was preventing casters from being able to hit themselves with negative energy"...*snip*

Weyoun should also read this ^^^^^

weyoun
05-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Nothing has yet it will be in update 5 as will most applicable neg energy healing according to Eladrin

Weyoun should also read this ^^^^^

Obtain a Circle of Hatred and then maybe you can discuss this intelligently. I am not as optimistic as to think that this is part of the update. Imagine a 5x heal clicky. Ain't happening.