PDA

View Full Version : Which guilds are raiding epic-level content?

Carpone
05-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Of the guilds running epic level content, are there any with 8pm+ EST (GMT-5) weekday schedules?

Crazyfruit
05-06-2010, 08:34 AM
There are only two guilds doing epics on a regular basis that I know about. Give Sparticus (Over Raided) & Tukv (Red Alert) a poke to see what their schedules are like

There are quite a few others who pug them if you aren't just looking for a guild - watch the lfms. But if you're trying to farm 20 epic tokens to TR... farming 1300 TP for a heart is much faster. I did 400 yesterday in the time it took 2 non-von1/2 epic groups to fill :(

Carpone
05-07-2010, 07:37 AM
I ran EQ and WoW end-game guilds for years and found the best experiences are with a static group of people.

Mythal
05-08-2010, 05:31 PM
CoJ are also doing epic from time to time....theyre an EU based guild though.

I think the real question is, finding people you like to play with, and doing whatever you want with them....might take a few days, weeks, to figure stuff out, get the gear...maybe you gotta TR so add 2 weeks there, or roll up another toon that works better....

Raiding and epic content in DDO is not like it is in the very endgame WoW where you can only get there with 50 people who do nothing but play WoW all day. Thats something I think most of us enjoy and one of the many reasons that many players actually play DDO - and not WoW (i think a big chunk of players have played both, and chose DDO over WoW).

In any case, the goal here for I think 99% of orien is to make a server where epics, raids, and anything in the game is up on LFM, open to everybody. Guild or no guild. Some of us are continually helping towards that goal, others...not...but it is inevitable in the long run anyway. All other servers you can click an LFM and go do any epic or raid you want, long as you bring the right tools (the right character, resources, etc....and perhaps getting to know people is just a universal thing that is pretty important - that just takes time, nothing you can do to speed that up ;) ).

Vampire Katana i know run some epics too, they are a guild from taiwan if youre from taiwan ;)
I dont keep tabs on anybody really but I know theres quite alot of people, and the population is growing, which is something thats looking very good for the future here.

Silvershaper
05-20-2010, 08:37 PM
But if you're trying to farm 20 epic tokens to TR... farming 1300 TP for a heart is much faster. I did 400 yesterday in the time it took 2 non-von1/2 epic groups to fill :(

The true heart is actually on sale this week - only 1036 TP.