PDA

View Full Version : quick question please

Jelton
05-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Assuming I am an assassin rogue at lv 20, what is the minimum intel I should have to be able to disable endgame traps? Assume I have my skills mazed out and good gear to increase my spot, disable, and all that good stuff. I'm going to reincarnate at 20 and want to be able to dump extra intel into constitution and whatnot instead. Thanks a bunch for your time and your help everyone!

Eladiun
05-05-2010, 04:05 PM
I believe epic traps required low to mid 80's (for DC's). There were a bunch of threads on this regarding the traps in VoN epic before and after the patch that laid out gear and etc required to reach those numbers.

unbongwah
05-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Base INT ends up being a relatively trivial amount of your trap skills; IMHO, a rogue chooses their INT based on how many skill points they want, not the bonus it provides to their trap skills.

Jelton
05-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the advice people. My intel, with a +4 helm, is 21 right now at lv 12 so I'm guessing that will be good for anything I come up against.

ArloOne
05-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Ya that is more than enough, the key is maxing search and disable device.
Good Luck!

Artos_Fabril
05-05-2010, 06:16 PM
I believe epic traps required low to mid 80's (for DC's). There were a bunch of threads on this regarding the traps in VoN epic before and after the patch that laid out gear and etc required to reach those numbers.
This used to be the case but ~U4, they dropped those DCs to the 52-55 range, I haven't seen hard numbers since right after the change, as most rogues/splashes were high enough, with items and buffs, to hit those numbers easily.

23 ranks + 15 item +4 GH + 5 skill boost = 47, leaving 5-8 points to make up with a combination of:
INT mod (base+tome+item)
House D pots (1-3 stacking bonus)
Enhancements (1-8 points)
Inspire Competence (2 points)
Walk on the Sun (2 points)
Racial bonuses (2 search for elves & drow)
Feats (alertness, mark of warding, nimble fingers)
Tools (+7 DD from +5 tools)