PDA

View Full Version : Please allow us to open all quests on elite

Dirac
05-04-2010, 01:06 PM
To me, allowing us to open quests on hard felt like when we went from 4 to 7 two-weapon slots. I was, at the same time, gratified that a long-standing issue was addressed and frustrated that the solution was so incomplete This irritation continues every time I go to a quest that I only want to do once.

I think the original objections no longer apply. There are plenty of quests at low and mid range, so forced repeatability isn't an issue. Also, on average, quests won't be played less. Those that are played less because they are only played played once will be balanced by those that are played at all because they only have to be played once.

I completely support making it cost something: as part of the VIP package, something you buy per account with TP (like 32 point builds), or some combination.

Please allow us to open everything on elite.
Thanks,
Dirac

p.s. I still experience happy feelings towards the developers every time I look at my 20 two-weapon slots. :)

Zenako
05-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Part of the rationale for the limit was to protect the stupid from themselves. New players will almost certainly get owned and killed on Elite until they are prepared for the quests. Think about it, what gamer ever minted would, when faced with derision from their peers, admit to doing anything in a game on less than the hardest setting that they can acess. Doing anything else would be gimpy and wimpy.

So to protect them and give them cover, the game has limits.

F2P and Premium can only open on Normal.

VIPs (who tend to be more hooked and less prone to running away claiming the game is too hard) get to open on Hard.

I could see an ACCOUNT based option that would allow you to open quests on ELITE. Perhaps a FAVOR increment (3000 favor?). That would ensure that the player with that account had already experienced most of the game on ELITE already and could handle it. It should be something that could be earned.

jcTharin
05-04-2010, 01:22 PM
the ability to open any quest on elite should be a benefit of true reincarnating. i see no reason why not

SaisMatters
05-04-2010, 01:25 PM
/signed
but, make it favor based to protect noobies.
there is no reason why six reincarnates need to do korthos Island on hard first when we can usually solo elite!

EddieB_TBC
05-04-2010, 01:32 PM
the ability to open any quest on elite should be a benefit of true reincarnating. i see no reason why not
That would make a lot of sense! Anybody that has run a toon to 20 and paid to TR it should certainly know the relative difficulty of any quest in the game, and if they misjudge it be smart enough to realize they overstepped (overstated) their toons abilities rather than whine about the quest being too difficult.

Artos_Fabril
05-04-2010, 01:56 PM
This is probably the most elegant suggestion I've seen for this.

chodelord
05-04-2010, 02:05 PM
/signed so hard

Hendrik
05-04-2010, 02:07 PM
I must be bugged then. As a VIP I can open Elite without have ever done Hard.

Cyr
05-04-2010, 02:31 PM

/signed

Dirac
05-04-2010, 03:31 PM

This is an excellent suggestion. But one reason may be that it doesn't earn them any more monney. :) Anyway, I'm all for it. I'd even be for it costing extra.

Nahual
05-04-2010, 03:35 PM
/signed

where is Star? Star come sign this now!

die
05-04-2010, 03:40 PM
personaly i do all quest on norm a few times then hard a couple times then elite a few times shut i went from 15 too 20 solo with out even flaging for shroud lol { was a caster so was in no hurry for another shroud }.. but tooeach he's own IMHO

dndfan225
05-04-2010, 03:43 PM
/signed

idk maybe make this the 400 coin lord reward
:( im still mad about there not being one

vVAnjilaVv
05-04-2010, 04:11 PM
/signed.....but

I think one thing you will find very consistent with DDO is they don't get rid of timesinks.

<-----stops holding breath

Missing_Minds
05-04-2010, 04:33 PM

Must be. I can open hard on things I've never done, but not elite.

Dirac
05-05-2010, 08:05 AM
I think one thing you will find very consistent with DDO is they don't get rid of timesinks.

Except they did go half-way to hard.

The other issue I'm wondering about is people farming Turbine Points. They don't want that to be too trivial. Hopefully there is a way to mitigate that.

Lorien_the_First_One
05-05-2010, 08:08 AM

I wish I had that bug.

Hmm... I hate taking away VIP perks, there are few enough, but I like the idea of perking TR. Maybe TR lets you open one level harder? So if you are free/premium and TR you can open hard, VIP plus TR opens elite?

rossiza
05-05-2010, 08:11 AM
/signed

No restriction so we can laugh at newbies :)

vVAnjilaVv
05-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Mitigating the turbine point issue is very simple......you only get favor towards tp's for elite but not normal and hard......example...quest gives 21 total favor...u don't get the 14 for n/h but only the 7 after completing elite for tp's...however you still get the full 21 favor for ingame patron rewards and like 1750.

I guess this could be difficult to track tho.

Hafeal
05-05-2010, 08:37 AM

I have a feeling you are mistaken. :o

Op -

I would guess there is a 'premium account" purchase option coming to a DDO Store near you allowing you to open on Elite! Just give the QC a little time to whip it up.

SquelchHU
05-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Mitigating the turbine point issue is very simple......you only get favor towards tp's for elite but not normal and hard......example...quest gives 21 total favor...u don't get the 14 for n/h but only the 7 after completing elite for tp's...however you still get the full 21 favor for ingame patron rewards and like 1750.

I guess this could be difficult to track tho.

So in other words, no reason to ever run elite? :confused:

I say make it a VIP perk. There needs to be some reason to actually subscribe, otherwise what will happen is they'll get a lump sum of money now, not so much later, and be forced to shut the servers down.

As for the stupid, well they do that anyways. They just need an opener first. Those who won't learn still won't, and the capable should not be restrained by the lowest common denominator.

olBillDoor
05-05-2010, 09:35 AM
If you are farming TP, you are not doing it via a TR.

vVAnjilaVv
05-05-2010, 06:50 PM
So in other words, no reason to ever run elite? :confused:

No,no....what I was saying is it would be something you could buy to unlock or unlock via a favor reward........and if u skipped right to elite setting and passed up n/h you don't get the full favor granted towards your TP earning.

In my example, you would only get the 7 favor...or 1/3 from completing elite...as you just skipped over n/h to do elite.

But you would still get the full 21 favor for ingame total...I guess it would be complicated as Turbine would have to code in on an individual player basis the ones who had the option and were skipping just to elite and the ones who were invited along to do elite but did not have the option unlocked.

Another option is for the people who would have it unlocked to go back and do first time n/h to then get the missing 14 favor points for just doing elite then granted to thier TP's.

Thinking about it now this would probably be a lot of coding......so in actuality this will probably never happen unless the people who would skip right to elite would be willing to not get any of that favor put towards thier tp's.

I never even thought of how many free TP's people are gtting for being VIP's by being able to skip right to hard as it is now....I think making elite an option right away would be granting a bit too much.

Seikojin
05-06-2010, 04:13 PM

/signed

Uska
05-06-2010, 04:34 PM
said it once and will say it again against it VIP's get litte enough and allowing people to buy something above the only worthwhile perk they get is wrong.

maybe as favor reward for VIP's only say 3k favor and you only have it as long as you maintain VIP status

vVAnjilaVv
05-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Quite honestly, I wish they would remove the ability to open hard right away from VIP's even and make it a favor based reward per server that has to be unlocked.

There are a lot of new players that go VIP who are jumping right into hard........and are just not ready for it.

jcTharin
05-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Hmm... I hate taking away VIP perks, there are few enough, but I like the idea of perking TR. Maybe TR lets you open one level harder? So if you are free/premium and TR you can open hard, VIP plus TR opens elite?

i like your idea better than mine

Dirac
10-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Thank you very much! This ranks as one of the top 5 changes that has increased my enjoyment of the game.