PDA

View Full Version : Combat log.

Bloodhaven
05-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Please put in a way to save a combat log into a txt format. The combat log is to short in game. I want a way to view combat logs long after the fight.

Just a way to dump combat logs to .txt for a short time. Maybe a /command to turn this feature on and off. Put a max time limit on it if you have to but make the limit at least 15 mins. I would relay love this information to be available to the DDO community.

I would personal use this information to improve my builds and to debunk or confirm DDO myths that are floating around.

Bogenbroom
05-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Yes, can I get a syslog of my in-games logs... that'd be sweet! :)

Man, I am a geek.

Goldeneye
05-04-2010, 11:12 AM
This would be GREAT!!!!
It would open up fan-made programs that could accurately calculate DPS, and many other stats, such as probability for saves/checks....

Bloodhaven
05-04-2010, 07:26 PM
i agree, this would be a great addition.

Cylinwolf
05-04-2010, 07:38 PM
i agree, this would be a great addition.

o_o

Are you throwing in support for your own idea?

hydra_ex
05-04-2010, 07:41 PM
o_o

Are you throwing in support for your own idea?

Yes, he just DID. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder)

:p

Talon_Oakenleaf
05-04-2010, 08:10 PM
You can highlight everything in the combat log hit ctrl c and go to a word processor and paste it. Having an actual program to do that would be cool.

hydra_ex
05-04-2010, 08:19 PM
You can highlight everything in the combat log hit ctrl c and go to a word processor and paste it. Having an actual program to do that would be cool.

Unfortunately, the log has a limit, so you'd need to be doing it before you run out of room.