PDA

View Full Version : Add guild name to LFM info

phalaeo
05-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Wow, that was an awkward title. Sorry about that.

Anyways, why not add a player's guild name to their name/class that pops up when they apply to your LFM?

Instead of just telling you:

Pallai (CLR 17 MNK 2) would like to apply blahblahblah
it would say:
Pallai (CLR 17 MNK 2)(Novus Vinco) would like to apply blahblahblah

ArloOne
05-03-2010, 09:16 AM
/signed

Qzipoun
05-03-2010, 09:17 AM
It shows it in the Join Requests panel, probably not worth putting it in text as well

That said I always use the panel and never the chat links, i'd prefer I'd only the name shows up in chat but that's mostly because I like my chat windows small and as soon as someone requests the whole window is filled....

flynnjsw
05-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Also, you can just search their name under the Who tab and it will tell you their guild.

Lleren
05-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Hmm, wonder what sort of reputation my guild has.

I am willing to be judged by it though, and is in some ways that would happen.
Faster then a myddo check though.

phalaeo
05-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Also, you can just search their name under the Who tab and it will tell you their guild.

I could....
But I don't want to have to.

Lorien_the_First_One
05-03-2010, 12:40 PM
It shows it in the Join Requests panel, probably not worth putting it in text as well

That said I always use the panel and never the chat links, i'd prefer I'd only the name shows up in chat but that's mostly because I like my chat windows small and as soon as someone requests the whole window is filled....

The nice thing about the text is you don't have to leave the stupid panel open so that you can actually do other things while grouping up (especially for 'in prog' postings). No reason not to include this in the text.

Mr_Ed7
05-03-2010, 12:47 PM

It is an extra step, but I generally look there out of curiosity more than anything else. I do like to see who is un-guilded, because they may get an invite from me upon completion of a quest.

I do not beleive in blacklisting an entire guild, so even if a person joins my LFM from a guild that has a member that may have blacklisted my guild in the past; I still accept the player's join request for my LFM

I believe players should stand on their own individual merits and be judged accordingly.

Eladiun
05-03-2010, 01:15 PM
The nice thing about the text is you don't have to leave the stupid panel open so that you can actually do other things while grouping up (especially for 'in prog' postings). No reason not to include this in the text.

/Signed

It would be nice if set a transparency on the panels though.