PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming Dark Solo - a wizard first?

caellwin
05-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Just solo'd it this morning as a lv 20 non TR wizard

might be a first

Vengeance777
05-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Grats Caelwin I think you are the first wizard to do it. I've done it alone before on casual with a sorc just to get to crafting alter when I couldn't get a group for it. I've never been brave enough to try higher difficulty without a group. Glad to see it can be done by a wizard.

Did you use firewall on the boss? Thats how I beat him on casual make a star pattern in center of room and circle him through them for 5 mins lol. Did you use any mana pots on boss? Would like to hear your stategy.

Vanshilar
05-03-2010, 12:00 AM
That's pretty cool =P

Although I like melees, some things are better left for casters to do, while the rest of us just wait around hoping to be among the first five to hit the LFM for free chests :eek:

sirgog
05-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Nice work!

I went in there on Normal on my first time in there, solo on my Str-based Clr18/Ftr2.

As I didn't know the fight mechanics (and the insane damage the boss's adds do to your weaponary), I beat the boss down after wearing out my Mineral 2 greataxe completely, and with my Shroud undead-beater (Maul, Holy, Flaming Burst, no tier 3) at under 40% durability.

But at no stage was I at risk of dying, and I never fell under 250hp, nor did I use any resources other than curse removal potions. He died eventually.

Sciencefreek
05-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Done it on hard on Earthchild to get my titans grips upgraded the other day but dunno if I'd count since I'm not pure and have lots of past lives. Was not easy tho had to make sure i had grasp of the dragon on so din get stunned and my mineral 2 broke b4 i finished killing lucky my rhalls din break b4 he died. Great work tho also being a non warforged. Unfortunately I believe sparkle solo'd this 3 or so months ago.