PDA

View Full Version : Delirium tavern : make it a real tavern !

Ormindo
05-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Hello ! I've been thinking about this for a long time. In korthos, we have a tavern. A quest takes place in the tavern, creating an instanced copy of this tavern.

The quest "Delirium" is the opposite. We enter for the first time in an instanced tavern. Why couldn't we enter in a normal tavern (I can't remember the name of this tavern, let's call it Delivern) ? It wouldn't be hard at all : all the graphics are already done ! Only add a barman, four or five NPCs, and you've got yourself a good tavern !

Now you'll tell me "the Twelve already have a tavern."

Okay, but then, what is this tavern going to become ? It's just a quest house, make it a real tavern ! Just make the player able to select if he wants to do the quest, or to enter the tavern (needs quest completion of course).

HeavenlyCloud
05-01-2010, 01:18 PM
/signed

You should enter the quest directly with the quest giver and after you finish the quest you enter the tavern through the door. Would be funny to have a couple of npc renders/beholders there as well just drinking.

Shade
05-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Would be even cooler if the tavern only unlocked after you beat teh quest..

And inside the drunken beholders are all statues. But the tavern keep still sells that nasty xoriat brew hehe.

Ormindo
05-01-2010, 02:21 PM
(needs quest completion of course).

That's what I've written, Shade. That would be the first "high level" tavern.

I love the tavern - it has two floors, lots of tables and stuff. Just make it a real tavern ! It is the best ever created.

Talon_Moonshadow
05-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Since you brought it up. :)

I think it would be cool if you went inside, as if it was a normal tavern. But had a chance that the xoriat creatues would suddenly appear....and attack! And that the madness would randomly come upon anyone inside as well.

In general I wish monsters and encounters would occasionally show up in many public areas of Stormreach.

Back to the tavern in question. You could have a "Drunk" beholder sleeping in the corner. Drunk would give him a negative listen skill so that he would only wake up if disturbed by patrons in some way. :cool:

Ormindo
05-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Well, I don't really know for spawning monsters. Beholders are hostile, so no one would leave a drunk beholder alive.

Also, remember that a wizard of the Twelve opened a portal and that we closed it.

Still, I want this tavern as a normal tavern !