PDA

View Full Version : Geriatrus of the Twelve = Eremic Quall of Tangleroot

Bradik_Losdar
05-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Well now that another update has come and gone (pesky zombie pirates!), isn't it time for the Grandmaster in the Twelve to give his 'greeter' Geriatrus something useful to do?

Like, I don't know...maybe helping out the very adventurers who have been asked to save their keesters in the Thirteenth Eclipse crisis?!!?

People are STILL literally dying to get to Meridia. I can't believe after all this time, some relatively obscure hack of a caster named Eremic Quall in Tangleroot has had the ability to transport people to the entrance of the Splinterskull fortress to help put down a minor Hobgoblin threat; yet the mighty Twelve, with all their arcane resources, haven't given poor old Geriatrus authorization to teleport people - WHO THEY THEMSELVES HAVE ASKED FOR HELP - out to Meridia.

Just as in the Tangleroot case, Geri should only transport those who have proven that they intend to help the Twelve by having them first speak with the Grandmaster in Meridia itself (just as Eremic requires that you speak with Chief Ungurz before rendering his services - in both cases the wilderness area must be run at least once).

Truely, it's an embarrassment that the most powerful magical organization on Xen'drik is humbled by some two bit magician in an obscure little tavern. It's time the Grandmaster took the words, "Help us help you" to heart. Give the order that Geriatrus shall prove himself useful and start providing teleportation services to those people who are actually working FOR the Twelve!!!

((In coding speak: copy and paste the already playtested dialog/teleport coding from Eremic to Geriatrus. Change the words Chief Ungurz to Grandmaster in Meridia and change the Tangleroot coordinates to the current teleport spell location just inside the gates of Meridia. Viola! Done! 5 minutes of work and 1000's of happy customers!)):D

Ormindo
05-01-2010, 01:10 PM
No. Meridia is isolated : I like it.

Bradik_Losdar
05-02-2010, 10:30 AM
No. Meridia is isolated : I like it.

Isolated?

There are currently three ways to get there:

1. Teleport spells: Great if you are a wiz or sorc. Sucks if you are not. Adding a quest/storyline appropriate teleport person (you have to be working for the Twelve in Meridia to use him) makes it just as easy for non-casters and cuts down on the next two extremely irritating methods to get there.

2. Cut you own throat: This is the best part of the realism of immersion of having Meridia isolated. Every three days someone must walk into a tavern and cut their throat/fall on their sword/commit seppaku so they can take the Death Taxi to Meridia. Probably half the high level characters in game have Meridia set as their bind point. And with the number of times the Shroud is run, I'm surprised tavern owners aren't up in arms over their cleaning bills with all the blood and bodies littering their floors...

3. Make the run. It's always fun to have eleven people wait for that one guy who has to drop party to make the run - because he has no teleport capability (and the two casters in the party don't have GT on their lists) and he forgot he was stupidly bound some place other than Meridia (why would anyone ever NOT bind in Meridia????) I mean come on, Meridia is the ONLY place anyone above 14th level should ever bind themselves to - - - because it's actually easier to get to Shavarath - A DIFFERENT PLANE - than it is to get to Meridia. :rolleyes:

Grimtooth333
05-03-2010, 05:13 AM
/Signed

Free our soul bind slot!

jadenkorr
05-03-2010, 05:22 AM
/signed, if a precedent is set that players have to walk everywhere, then they walk. However, if most of the locations in game can be teleported to, meridia should be no exception.

Uska
05-03-2010, 05:46 AM
We should be able to get what you ask for but I disagree on where to bind. most of my characters are bound to the refuge but then most of them can teleport to merida.

Bradik_Losdar
05-03-2010, 11:31 AM
We should be able to get what you ask for but I disagree on where to bind. most of my characters are bound to the refuge but then most of them can teleport to merida.

Lol - I guess my bind point sarcasm wasn't thick enough.

As was pointed out a couple posts above, for many folks Meridia is the bind point they are trapped into using. By having a teleport person (Geriatrus) for Meridia, people would once again be free to bind where they wished.

Danmor
05-03-2010, 11:37 AM
/signed

It's ridiculous that it's easier to get to Amrath than to Meridia. And even in Amrath there's a portal to ToD...

Schmoe
05-03-2010, 11:37 AM
I approve of this message.

AylinIsAwesome
05-03-2010, 11:42 AM
/signed

I'm not very fond of /deathing every three days to go run the Shroud.

Eladiun
05-03-2010, 11:47 AM
/signed

rodallec
07-26-2010, 06:39 AM
when u dont /death in a tavern and it hurts your equipment and your +5metPG khopesh takes perma dmg T_T

add a teleport to meridia for non casters =D

Arryeo
07-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Turbine needs to sell Teleport Rods.

So they can make money.

So they can make more level 5 quests.

AestorTheKnight
07-26-2010, 07:17 AM
/signed :)

Bacab
07-26-2010, 07:21 AM
yuppers

Lorz
07-26-2010, 07:48 AM
Get a teleport rod/mask/scroll/spell.
Use your guilds ship teleporter.

Run.

And if your dying on the way to meridia.......well......that speaks volumes right there.