PDA

View Full Version : Epic-only explorer areas, pls (suggestion 1 out 2)

TheJusticar
04-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Can we please get a 12-manable epic-only wilderness area? What about exploring the rest of Xen'drik? or perhaps the great and mysterious continent of Argonnessen? Dragons, Terrasques, Dryads, barbarian tribes, etc. The ones we have have gotten old in the past few years. Other than loot runs in the desert, there's really any motivation to go into any slayer area (including the sub) with a group of lvl20s. Epic encounters, epic loot, etc. Give more reasons to people to stay at lvl cap instead of TRing once again as soon as they hit cap.

ArloOne
04-30-2010, 08:49 PM
/signed

Angelus_dead
04-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Why epic-only, as opposed to an epic version of a regular area?

If the devs were to add a new explorer zone meant to be higher level than Shavarath or Subterane, it would be more useful if level 18-19 TRs were allowed to go there for some XP (it's not like hitting level 20 magically grants an ability to survive it you couldn't have before).

TheJusticar
04-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Why epic-only, as opposed to an epic version of a regular area?

If the devs were to add a new explorer zone meant to be higher level than Shavarath or Subterane, it would be more useful if level 18-19 TRs were allowed to go there for some XP (it's not like hitting level 20 magically grants an ability to survive it you couldn't have before).

I thought about that and you're right. However, the way I thought about it was more as a way to keep end-game population healthy (or healthier anyway). If the rewards/challenge are worth it, I'd think people would try to enjoy it for some time before TRing again. This of course purposely ignores the completionists since they're gonna TR at least x 11 no matter what. But the rest of folks would hang out at cap, again, given how entertaining/rewarding this zone can be.

Now more explorer areas are badly needed -- period. Even some without quests, really. I know the pain of 16-20 on a TR and a good explorer are would be a respite from the ewber grind TRx2+ can be at those levels. But that's a whole different conversation. :)

Lleren
04-30-2010, 11:44 PM
New high level explorer areas with stuff folks want: Yes please.
New high level explorer areas with stuff folks want, and an Epic version: Yes please.