PDA

View Full Version : ToD Sunday PUG...8pm GMT // 3pm EST

Mythal
04-30-2010, 04:51 PM
So the 'next thing' for alot of people right now is getting ToD done. I see toooooooooooons of interest for this going around.

Whether youre in a guild or not should right now at the very top of this thread be made clear: it dont matter and I really hope there isnt gonna be any drama about that...if there is, I'm just gonna ignore it anyway for all intents and purposes of this thread (ingame, of course, can just put someone on ignore).

ToD is supposedly the "end game raid" right now in DDO aside from epic stuff, and has alot of great reward options for pretty much everybody. The thing is, it not only requires flagging, but also requires you to get some boots which will save you from getting banished in the third and final boss fight. It is possible to go without boots if you are a healer or wont be attacking the final boss, however, as was shown in the last run I did on wednesday - a sorc who was at that very moment typing a tell to a friend "/tell Friend ya, i think farming these boot mats was a waste for me but oh well, got em now....but im not using them, i dont think it matters" - as soon as he typed that he was banished and was standing in the market place where his friend replied and was actually standing right next to him.
True story. Have a good laugh, because we sure as hell did. Moral of the story: just get your boots.

The quest itself:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Tower_of_Despair
Flagging for it:
http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Devil_You_Know
Getting the boots:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Boots_of_Anchoring

Well what seems to be the best way to do things to get prepped is that your guild or group of buddies gets going over to amrath and starts farming boots mats.
There are 4 mats required (look on the boots wiki page) -
Blood = Bastion
Iron = Genesis, Weapons
Keepsake = Sins, Weapons
Artifact = Invasion

I think most people right now who are looking forward to ToD are already running these quests, trying to farm some out. If you are looking to get some free chests with possibility of these loots (and other nice loot), keep an eye up on LFM and in particular, people that I know that are constantly soloing them and often times putting up LFMs for chests are Merkades, Mop, Antichris, Sarnni, Tukw or Tukv, Vexiana, Flamicia, Qrush, Hiromo, and....feel free to add your name to that list (or PM me to have it removed) ;). Keep in mind I of course cannot speak for any of these people if it is OK for you to contact them and beg for chest loots ;) Asking nicely usually has good results though and I doubt anybody will turn you down if they have room in the group. Grabbing free chests is a good way to quickly get boot mats and also helps with some nice loot and even larges on occasion.
Otherwise, just get out there and run these quests, it does take awhile. Another solution is buying them on AH. I highly suggest not buying artifact or blood for over 300k gold, and not paying more than 150-200k gold for iron or keepsake. Sometimes they are listed on AH for outrageous amounts.

A secondary solution is also using scarab of spell absorbtion. This wont be an option for a melee, typically, but a healer or backstage caster or trash killer that wont be fighting the boss can get away with this item with at least not getting banished from the point the boss aggros.

The checklist you must make sure you have in order to come and be of use is as follows -

Melees must have boss beaters. This means weapons with silver AND good damage mod's on them. There are 3 boss fights and yes, not all of them requrie boss beaters, and not even everybody will be fighting the boss in fight3 but in order to make sure there's enough people that can do damage, you must bring boss beaters. Melees should also have at least 350HP. If you are going to be tanking the bosses I'd reccommend 500+. I'm not huge on stacking HP as being the end-all alternative, as its typically used more as a crutch, but for good reason - it makes it easier to have more.

Healers must bring at least 2 major pots. Typically any pots in raid that are looted from chests during that raid are given straight to the healers in order to help compensate this cost. Since this is a PUG run I would rather that the healers have some backup sp pots than not, as it is possible they might be required.

Arcanes must also bring 2 major pots. If it is at all possible, having a warforge tank a few of the bosses (including the final one) makes it much easier also allowing the arcane to be of significant use in all 3 fights by doubling up as a healer. Arcanes are not mandatorily needed in any of the 3 boss fights in ToD and as such, coming along as a backup healer with reconstruct spell is a very good viable alternative for them.
Pots wont be needed if you end up just being some DPS nuking or trash CC'er but good to have in case.

So, once youve got your boots and the requirement of whatever class you are, please feel free to show up in the tower cave every:

Sunday, 8pm GMT // 3pm EST // 11am PST

Mythal
04-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Oh, right. If you need help/directions running out to the tower cave then send me a tell 15 minutes before raid time. Once you are there one time, you can talk to the scout NPC inside, and he will give you an 'upgrade' to your amrath battlefield portal which will allow you to teleport back to the tower cave anytime.
Tukw/Tukv I will be logged in as every sunday at that time.
You could also put up an LFM with text saying "Need guide to tower cave (TOD)" or something like that and youll get someone to join and help you run out.

Mythal
05-01-2010, 07:37 PM
A secondary solution is also using scarab of spell absorbtion. This wont be an option for a melee, typically, but a healer or backstage caster or trash killer that wont be fighting the boss can get away with this item with at least not getting banished from the point the boss aggros.

I've been informed that this scarab does not in fact block the banish, so you still need your boots.

We ran one with a pally buddy who was using scarab and didnt get banished while fighting fight3 boss the entire time, but apparently he was just checking all his saves. The scarab, I'm told, will absorb the stun, but not the banish.

Stun, of course, is a nonfactor if you have a lightpath monk in the raid using earth finisher.

Cupcake
05-03-2010, 04:08 PM
On Argonnessen I am flagged for this raid, but have never done it.

On Orien, Shots has only run Bastion?

Thanks to Cruven, he alerted me to the fact I had to do a few spell changes.

Shots now has displacement, rage, waves of exhaustion... and an almost 4 min haste.

I believe I also need to look into Ottos Irresistible Dance? A higher level spell that I have never used before.

I have heard of said boots, but dont know anything about them other than they are needed for the raid.

Dabima
05-04-2010, 09:08 AM
The scarab absorbs banishments, just that the banishments drain 7 charges at a time which kinda blows

Mythal
05-04-2010, 05:21 PM
The scarab absorbs banishments, just that the banishments drain 7 charges at a time which kinda blows

hmmm interesting, worth testing out (who wants to test it out? volunteers? :) )

On Orien, Shots has only run Bastion?

Thanks to Cruven, he alerted me to the fact I had to do a few spell changes.

Shots now has displacement, rage, waves of exhaustion... and an almost 4 min haste.

I believe I also need to look into Ottos Irresistible Dance? A higher level spell that I have never used before.

I have heard of said boots, but dont know anything about them other than they are needed for the raid.
otto's irresistable dance is one of the best endgame CC spells available. web is another one ;)
otto's has no save, hence "irresistable", but it does do an SR check.
check the links for info on the boots, it has it all. no need to repeat it here, better you click the link and learn it all than getting half info from me ;)

Cupcake
05-04-2010, 06:15 PM
hmmm Interesting, Worth Testing Out (who Wants To Test It Out? Volunteers? :) )

Otto's Irresistable Dance Is One Of The Best Endgame Cc Spells Available. Web Is Another One ;)
Otto's Has No Save, Hence "irresistable", But It Does Do An sr Check.
Check The Links For Info On The Boots, It Has It All. No Need To Repeat It Here, Better You Click The Link And Learn It All Than Getting Half Info From Me ;)

Nm Lol