PDA

View Full Version : You Cannot Heal XXX

Beherit_Baphomar
04-30-2010, 04:38 PM
People don't seem to want to say they are in PM mode, so what happens is I try to heal them, I heal myself. Ok, no biggie must be out of range or went behind a pillar *casts heal* dang it! what is going on? *cast heal* Ok dude, I can't heal you dunno what's going on.

Can we please get a change where a heal won't go off if the person is in PM mode?

AestorTheKnight
04-30-2010, 09:21 PM
/signed - it should say "Invalid Target" instead. Simple :)

AylinIsAwesome
05-03-2010, 11:44 AM
/signed

I'm tired of trying to run Rainbow in the Dark with the 100 HP 0% Fort Wizard with Pale Master who grabs the staff, then jumps into Lich form every time it goes off of cooldown...

AZgreentea
05-03-2010, 12:00 PM
/signed - it should say "Invalid Target" instead. Simple :)
Agreed. Invalid Target would be better.

Aspenor
05-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Agreed, but instead of "Invalid Target" it should say "the character you are attempting to heal is an epic failure."

Karranor
05-03-2010, 12:29 PM
This would be a nice change.

redoubt
05-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Agreed. A change like this would be nice.

Something like: "Invalid target: cursed", or "Invalid target: Bladesworn" etc...

Then have the spell not cast at all instead of casting on myself would be nice! :D

Lehrman
05-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Instead of healing yourself when you target a wizard using Pale Master it should deal damage to him, that way pale masters will start letting players know when they need a heal and when they do not.

Slink
05-03-2010, 04:19 PM
/not signed

Don't heal them in the first place! :D

AylinIsAwesome
05-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Instead of healing yourself when you target a wizard using Pale Master it should deal damage to him, that way pale masters will start letting players know when they need a heal and when they do not.

Actually, I'd sign that...

Mass Heals would certainly be funny at that point. Especially on a crit... ^_^

Nezichiend
05-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Good thing you can't die from heal!

Bogenbroom
05-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Yes, please... have the spell not cast with a useful error.

Frankly, I wish all heal spells had 2 versions (like fire shield,) 1 that healed friendly party members and 1 that damaged undead. I don't like the different effects based on who you target thing.

Also, when a PM doesn't tell the clerics he is un-healable, and a cleric hits him with a heal, that cleric should automatically be given one of the wizard's SP pots. :)

Tendare
05-04-2010, 11:15 AM
People don't seem to want to say they are in PM mode, so what happens is I try to heal them, I heal myself. Ok, no biggie must be out of range or went behind a pillar *casts heal* dang it! what is going on? *cast heal* Ok dude, I can't heal you dunno what's going on.

Can we please get a change where a heal won't go off if the person is in PM mode?

That cost you 3 heals / 150 spell points? not including the time wasted to target him and maybe even retarget him? When all the Wiz had to do is say to you don't worry about healing me, I'm going into PM mode. Wizards take note.
I like it when Barbs are going into berzerker mode and tell me first, at least I know why their healthbar is dropping and move on.

/signed to get a change when the wizard is in PM mode and we throw a heal.

flynnjsw
05-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Agreed. A change like this would be nice.

Something like: "Invalid target: cursed", or "Invalid target: Bladesworn" etc...

Then have the spell not cast at all instead of casting on myself would be nice! :D

I actually drooped my Bladesworn and picked up US because of that. I did a PUG of Mired in Kobolds, said that I was going to Bladesworn when we got into the end fight, and had the cleric asking every 5 minutes why his heals weren't landing.

Cyr
05-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Agreed, but instead of "Invalid Target" it should say "the character you are attempting to heal is an epic failure."

/signed

Gol
05-04-2010, 11:44 AM

if (InAnInstance)
Say(String.Format("Recall and reform without {0}", PaleMaster.Name));
else
CurrentParty.Remove(PaleMaster);

Phidius
05-04-2010, 11:48 AM

I'd totally let Palemasters into my groups with this change!!