PDA

View Full Version : WHY DDO just why?

gordgray
04-30-2010, 12:07 PM
OK so why DDO I don’t understand you. DDO is the best Mmo I have played but you throw up road blocks I'm sure you company is in the market to make money so I give you a short list of Questions.

1. Why are players not able to buy their own Guess pass if thy have the Points?
2. Why can’t I give DDO turbine points to other players?
3. Why can I not Buy a Vip for a month (with out jumping Thur hoops) and give to other other player like a Guess
pass, I can buy DDO Turbine points in game why not a VIP pass fore a other player.

I think the questions are Valid. I also no that ten times out of ten no DEV or other person in the company will answer me. Yet I no other people will jump in and say fix other items in the Game or add content ETC. But I really would like an answer to this.

Nahual
04-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Hmm very valid questions and I have no answer for that.

If someone is paying for it, it shouldnt be a problem.

Maybe the logistics of knowing other account info to pay for it.

I dont know.

They should be able to work.

MsEricka
04-30-2010, 12:20 PM
1) A guest pass is for guests, meaning someone that is not you. Simple enough.

2) You can, it's simple and takes like 1 minute. I've done it. Just pick up a phone and call.

3) You can, it just takes a phone call and tell them you want to make a one time payment.

Cyr
04-30-2010, 12:20 PM
You do realize that DDO is the name of the game and not the company that produces it right? Besides that the list of things you would like to do sounds just fine to me.

xoowak
04-30-2010, 12:22 PM
1. I agree, players should be able to do this.

2. I fairly certain you can gift points to other players.

3. Probably not much demand for this.

Missing_Minds
04-30-2010, 12:35 PM
3. Why can I not Buy a Vip for a month (with out jumping Thur hoops) and give to other other player like a Guess
pass, I can buy DDO Turbine points in game why not a VIP pass fore a other player.

1. This is one I really don't get. Why? because I swear I bought my own delera's guest pass before. I wasn't VIP at the time, didn't pick it up yet, but I ran it with my friends and they never gave me anything. I remember specifically looking for the guest pass for it so I could run it. Heck, my friend specifically asked if I found it yet because he was going to get one for me. I responded back with "no, I'm good. found it and got it the pass. Timer is going."

2. You can in a fashion. You have to pay for points over the phone and know a bit of their account details. As to why you just can't gift points from your account to someone else is due to the fact you can earn points. Allowing account to account would be milking the system and Turbine wants to make money. Yeah, bites, but I don't fault them.

3. ugh... trying to understand your question. Why doesn't there exist a guest pass for "all" content? I can think of a few extreame cases why that would be bad, but the chances of it happening would... pretty much require gold farmer status as it were. I like the idea of an all inclusive guest pass.

Yaga_Nub
04-30-2010, 12:39 PM

I think the questions are Valid. I also no that ten times out of ten no DEV or other person in the company will answer me. Yet I no other people will jump in and say fix other items in the Game or add content ETC. But I really would like an answer to this.

You do realize a DEV would never reply to this because they don't work in the marketing department and all of these questions you've posed really are a BD/MKTT question. As for someone else answering you, well if you didn't come off like a whiny b tch someone might.

They are reasonable questions though, I hope you get some answers.

gordgray
04-30-2010, 01:18 PM
1) A guest pass is for guests, meaning someone that is not you. Simple enough.

2) You can, it's simple and takes like 1 minute. I've done it. Just pick up a phone and call.

3) You can, it just takes a phone call and tell them you want to make a one time payment.

You do realize that DDO is the name of the game and not the company that produces it right? Besides that the list of things you would like to do sounds just fine to me.

Ya I could Pick up the Phone and waste 10 - 30 min to give them the Gamer info and my card number or thy could just put it in the game so I don't need to do that. as for the name Yes I do understand it is under Turbine and now owned by I think MGM but thanks.

You do realize a DEV would never reply to this because they don't work in the marketing department and all of these questions you've posed really are a BD/MKTT question. As for someone else answering you, well if you didn't come off like a whiny b tch someone might.

They are reasonable questions though, I hope you get some answers.

You must of missed this part (I also no that ten times out of ten no DEV or other person in the company will answer me. Yet I no other people will jump in and say fix other items in the Game or add content ETC. But I really would like an answer to this.)

as for the coming off like a whiny b tch Im shure that you think this is appropriate. but as I did state IT IS A QUESTION frome a person who pays for the stuff I'm asking and don't con sitter it a whin.

Missing_Minds
04-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Turbine and now owned by I think MGM but thanks.

Ah.. no. Turbine is now owned by Time Warner-AOL.

MGM is owned by Sony, Comcast, and someone else.

MsEricka
04-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Ya I could Pick up the Phone and waste 10 - 30 min to give them the Gamer info and my card number or thy could just put it in the game so I don't need to do that. as for the name Yes I do understand it is under Turbine and now owned by I think MGM but thanks.

The Wahmbulance is coming and it's just for you. You asked how to do things, I told you how to do what you want and now you're whining. There's no easy button in life and if you want one then just go buy a WoW account, seriously.

And if you really do want, you could put your credit card on someone else's account so they can buy points. Be prepared to take the abuse however.

Giselle
04-30-2010, 01:53 PM
No = negative, nyet, null set
Know = savvy, understand, possess this knowledge

Other than that, (yes, I know I'm a b1tch,) I agree, it could be a little easier to give the gift of DDO. I was just trying to find out how to buy some turbine points for a strapped for cash buddy. Do-able, but could be simpler.

Kaganfindel
04-30-2010, 01:54 PM

If you could give points you've earned our bought already to other people in the game, then two forms of abuse would be possible:

- Start a new F2P account, grind out the 600 or so TP you get for hitting specific favor totals for the first time on a realm. Give them to your main account. This is a lot faster than grinding out 25 TP at a go with a favor grinding group that rolls new characters, grinds out 100 favor and repeats.

- Third party gold selling outfit with access to extremely cheap labor has employees start new F2P accounts, grind out that first 600 or so TP from hitting favor benchmarks, and pass the points off to a merchant account. The outfit then undercuts the DDO Store, selling those points to players in other countries for less than the store charges.

Yazston_the_Invoker
04-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Ah.. no. Turbine is now owned by Time Warner-AOL.

MGM is owned by Sony, Comcast, and someone else.

Not to nitpick (which I am), but didn't Time-Warner drop AOL? I thought they sold that part off as a mistake after loosing tons of money...

Oh, and OP, I think you would come off much less whiny if you used proper words and at least tried to follow proper grammar. To most people, it seems like you are saying it's not important enough for you to type properly, so why would they consider it important enough to respond? Just sayin... :D

Missing_Minds
04-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Not to nitpick (which I am), but didn't Time-Warner drop AOL? I thought they sold that part off as a mistake after loosing tons of money...

I'm not certain if they did or not. I just know I still read CNN articles were they are still keeping AOL as part of it. Could be something special in relation to cnn.com.

I just figure the OPs native language is not English. Nothing wrong with that.

Chai
04-30-2010, 02:00 PM
OK so why DDO I don’t understand you. DDO is the best Mmo I have played but you throw up road blocks I'm sure you company is in the market to make money so I give you a short list of Questions.

1. The plan is to get people to buy content, not get them to plow it in a few hours for what they need and never play it again.

2. You mean so I can have a VIP account, and a free account, and every month when my free TP comes in I can give it all to the free account to buy content. Marketing fail.

3. This is called a game card. You pay more per month than the person would pay to sub, but it exists. http://www.paybycash.com/ddo/codelist.php

Yazston_the_Invoker
04-30-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm not certain if they did or not. I just know I still read CNN articles were they are still keeping AOL as part of it. Could be something special in relation to cnn.com.

I just figure the OPs native language is not English. Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, I could be wrong about the AOL thing, but I remember about a year or more ago, they were trying to wash their hands of that bit of their history.

Oh, and if his primary language is not english, I think the formatting would be different...he seems to put together sentences in an english format, but uses spelling and grammar in ways that suggest to me too much texting and alot of laziness. I have read many a post by people whose first language is not english, and I'm fine trying to decipher, if that is the case, but I do not think that it is here. (my opinion, of course)