PDA

View Full Version : New to the rogue game, can I get some help from the Vet's to it?

mjrepro
04-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.34
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Lilbar SillyWilly
Level 20 Lawful Neutral Halfling Female
(7 Monk \ 13 Rogue)
Hit Points: 208
Spell Points: 0
BAB: 14\14\19\24
Fortitude: 11
Reflex: 18
Will: 10

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 20)
Strength 16 21
Dexterity 14 17
Constitution 10 10
Intelligence 14 14
Wisdom 8 8
Charisma 12 12

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 20)
Balance 6 23
Bluff 1 5
Concentration 0 23
Diplomacy 1 1
Disable Device 6 28
Haggle 1 1
Heal -1 -1
Hide 6 16
Intimidate 1 1
Jump 7 17
Listen -1 2
Move Silently 6 18
Open Lock 6 26
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 2 2
Search 6 24
Spot 3 19
Swim 3 5
Tumble 6 34
Use Magic Device 5 26

Level 1 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Two Handed Fighting

Level 2 (Rogue)

Level 3 (Monk)
Feat: (Selected) Luck of Heroes
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Power Attack

Level 4 (Rogue)

Level 5 (Rogue)

Level 6 (Monk)
Feat: (Selected) Skill Focus: Use Magic Device
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Toughness

Level 7 (Rogue)

Level 8 (Rogue)

Level 9 (Monk)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Handed Fighting
Feat: (Monk Path) Path of Harmonious Balance: Fists of Light

Level 10 (Rogue)

Level 11 (Rogue)

Level 12 (Monk)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Bludgeoning Weapons

Level 13 (Rogue)

Level 14 (Rogue)
Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Improved Evasion

Level 15 (Monk)
Feat: (Selected) Sap

Level 16 (Rogue)

Level 17 (Rogue)

Level 18 (Monk)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Handed Fighting
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Toughness

Level 19 (Monk)
Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Cripling Strike

Level 20 (Rogue)
Enhancement: Rogue Haste Boost I
Enhancement: Rogue Haste Boost II
Enhancement: Halfling Cunning I
Enhancement: Halfling Cunning II
Enhancement: Halfling Cunning III
Enhancement: Halfling Cunning IV
Enhancement: Halfling Guile I
Enhancement: Halfling Guile II
Enhancement: Halfling Guile III
Enhancement: Halfling Guile IV
Enhancement: Way of the Faithful Hound I
Enhancement: Adept of Wind
Enhancement: Adept of Flame
Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
Enhancement: Rogue Faster Sneaking I
Enhancement: Rogue Thief-Acrobat I
Enhancement: Rogue Thief-Acrobat II
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy I
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy II
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training I
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training II
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training III
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training IV
Enhancement: Rogue Wrack Construct I
Enhancement: Rogue Wrack Construct II
Enhancement: Rogue Wrack Construct III
Enhancement: Rogue Balance I
Enhancement: Rogue Balance II
Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device I
Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device II
Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device III
Enhancement: Rogue Tumble I
Enhancement: Rogue Tumble II
Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity I
Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity II
Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity III

I wanted to make an Acrobat, and heard acrobat monks where pretty decent. I made one, and thought I should try planning it out.

The main purpose of this character is to deal damage and be able to get the traps I run into.

Wondering if I can get some help as to what I should change about it.

Also, some of the feats are picked (Sap, and Luck of Heroes) are picked because I didn't know what else to do with the feats.

Thank you in advance :)

anatoli11
04-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Tough to multi-class a monk with int and cha - I would drop the cha and raise wisdom, and maybe go only 12 (or 11 with a +1 tome) int.

Impaqt
04-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Dump CHR, Put those 4 Points into Wisdom.
Drop STR to 15 and dex to 13 raise CON to 14.

15/13/14/14/12/8

I find Luck of Heros pretty useless on this build. Hes got good saves as it is.

Sap? Stunning blow would be better. 5% weighted Q-Staves are pretty easy to get.

mjrepro
04-29-2010, 12:15 PM
So my thought had been to get the charisma for the UMD, but that is stretching it a little thin? KK I can see that.

Sap isn't too great? Yeah never used it before, will look at stunning blow instead, never knew how that worked as my main is a monk.

I am doing monk for the wind stance mainly, would fighter Kensai be better?

Edit: Dang Impaqt, looking at some of your builds, and love them. I can now see myself going a lvl of ranger (per your Barb/Rogue/Ranger build) to get healing wands along with the fav enemy.

So upon seeing that I should clarify. I want to use a Quarterstaff. They just look fun, I heard they are fast, and they get the full strength bonus of a two handed weapon. Should I stick with monk as the other class or go to something else? I want attack speed and Quarterstaff, that is what I am looking for in a build.

TheBlueFox
05-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Personally I am not all that partial to Q-staves. even on my acrobat I dualed rapiers and on my monk nothing touches his hands but handwraps and the periodic kama. However, I have never tried an acrobat/monk. And lets face it, Acrobat/monks were built for using Q-staves.

The problem with the staves, is that they are Strength based weapons that have, for a two hander, The lowest damage dice in the game. Aside from Rahl's might, I dont even know if there are any special Qstaves that are worth anything out there. Best look for a 5% weighted one as soon as you can, that will help out quite alot.

Play your character how you want though, It does seem like it will work out.

Asymetric_War
05-08-2010, 12:12 AM
First thing is I'd recommend you check my Rog faq at http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=244964

My Monk-Acrobat just hit 20 last week, he's my 6th rog to hit cap so I've been around the block a few times. based on that, here's my suggestions:

- Quarterstaffs can't be vorpal. and you want to be able to use vorpals since they're essential for many raids. which means you'll need at least the first 2wf feat so you can use a pair of vorpal kamas.

- wisdom is a dump stat. ignore it. Same for charisma, you're better off putting the points into str, con, or dex.

On hitpoints:
- if you start at 10 con you will spend most of your time at level 20 dead. it will suck. start with at least 14, 16 is better.

- as a halfling you get no racial toughness enhancements and you wont get any toughness from either class. you will need all the hitpoints you can get. take toughness at least twice and seriously consider going human for the improved recovery, extra feat, and toughness enhancements or WF for the Con boost, DR, and toughness enhancements. My monk-acrobat is a WF and it's a very solid build. At level 20 with toughness twice I'll be at almost 500 hp by the time I get my greensteel hp item. with your build as you've laid it out you'd be lucky to get half that.

- greater 2hf is essential. TOTALLY worth the three feats it takes to get there.

- luck of heroes is kinda meh... not worth a feat imo.

- you want rog aggro reduction, at least lvl III. trust me on this. this is true on my almost 500 hp acrobat and on your little halfling it will be much more true. skip the disable enhancement, you'll never need it if you've got a decent bonus item and a friendly caster or clicky for greater heroism. put the points into more sneak damage or aggro aggro reduction.

- at level 20 the benefit from monk's wholeness of body was really not worth it so I LR'd to drop it and traded my 7th monk level for a level of fighter and an extra feat. more feats is a good thing. you don't get anything worthwhile at 14 rog so 14/6 is a waste too.

on gear:
- Rahls might is the best quarterstaff in the game. You'll want a set of them, one with each of the different mods. at 1d10 and a x3 multiplier instead of 1d6 and a x2 multiplier it makes an incredible difference to your dps. Since you'll be spending all that time in Mindsunder anyway farming Rahls you might as well do the runs on elite and - if you're lucky - you could walk away with a vorpal dream edge (1d10 x3 kama - best kama in the game and it upgrades to have lesser vampirism) too. just a friendly tip from one acrobat to another.

oh, and you'll love the build. the speed of your attacks at 20 with quarterstaff will be amazing and - while you won't be able to match the dps of a g2wf assassin on a single target - you'll do a ton of damage to a large group of mobs. in tandem with an intimitank holding a cluster of trash mobs you will be awesome. and groupswill love your monk buffs.

GhoulsTouch
05-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Your con will drop in windstance...take sacrifices in dex and charisma to boost that up. Once it is done you'll be in a state of permanent haste. Also try to shoot for at least 10 wis. 12 con and 10 wis at minimum. If you can get dex wis and con to at least 12 all the better.

Windstance will add to your dex as will enhancements.