PDA

View Full Version : Facial Expressions?

vettkinn
04-29-2010, 10:36 AM
I know comrades, I know. The devs have better things to do than to worry about these things.

But it bothers me. Most of the in-game adds show pictures of DDO characters that are staring on... something. Their gaze are fixed, even zombies have more life than this!

And what exactly is your point?

It's the ads (video ads included) that we show to the people of the internetz that tries to entice them to play this game. What I'm saying is that although we do not need facial expressions in game (at least in my opinion), it would be great to breath some life in our ads (the in-game ads included) to make the game look more... fun.

Just my 2 Rubles.

(If our toons get to have a "talk" animation as well as facial expressions in game, people who like making vids (myself included), demotivational posters, etc. would have better material to work on.)

Edit: As what comrade dunk said, more emotes (especially a 'talk' emote) would make the game much more alive and improve Roleplaying, which is the heart of DnD.

Just imagine, instead of people simply making video quest guides (like me), they can actually incorporate a story into it and make a very good adventure scene that can be posted in Youtube to entice more people to join. If you've watched the Stormreach Dating Game (made by Clankenbeard, Jerry, etc.), though very fun, it could really use a 'talk emote'.

These kinds of features would attract the artistic kinds of players.

Shaftronics
04-29-2010, 11:04 AM
If things like this are not built into the emotes before this game was fully-released back years ago, I'd figure they'd be way too far-off in the ladder of fixes and implementations Turbine wants to do for this to work within 2-4 years.

Dude, go gather EVERY bloody suggestion you have and gather it in ONE thread.

That is all.

vettkinn
05-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Actually comrades, wat I'm saying is DDO should have one of those "cutscene conversations" just like in WoW or like the south park movie. Not so sure how to phrase it but that's what I mean :D

O.o

knightgf
05-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Like the dev's are gonna even have time to code in facial expressions, let alone levels beyond 20...

dunklezhan
05-03-2010, 09:28 AM
If things like this are not built into the emotes before this game was fully-released back years ago, I'd figure they'd be way too far-off in the ladder of fixes and implementations Turbine wants to do for this to work within 2-4 years.

Dude, go gather EVERY bloody suggestion you have and gather it in ONE thread.

That is all.

That would just lead to muddled discussions that never stay on topic, and that's hard enough to do anyway.

I read somewhere that the Dev's aren't interested in suggestion 'petitions', but they do tend to read all of the suggestions made, and it's the ones that survive the debate and seem popular/useful that they take forward. it therefore follows that suggestions should be kept seperate so that each can be debated as per its merits, not posted as a big list and lost in the subsequent melee.

That someone has a lot of suggestions is not a bad thing especially when they are laid out in a relatively clear, and usually succinct manner - regardless of what you think of his/her posting syntax (which is what I suspect your comment was really about).

Anyway. On topic, as I said in the thread about /say emotes: /Very signed. This would be of assistance to RP (what should be the heart of Dungeons and Dragons), and, as Vetkinn has said, helpful when promoting the game to potentially new customers.

vettkinn
05-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Anyway. On topic, as I said in the thread about /say emotes: /Very signed. This would be of assistance to RP (what should be the heart of Dungeons and Dragons), and, as Vetkinn has said, helpful when promoting the game to potentially new customers.

I'm glad that you understand, comrade. Though I understand that this means little to the most hardcore of players, these features will entice the creative ones and make the game more alive and beautiful, attracting the more casual types of players.