PDA

View Full Version : Have monty tell us where the collapsed portable hole is.

DoctorWhofan
04-28-2010, 11:27 PM
After telling people about 10 times today. Here is my suggestion:

When you get the favour and go to good ol' Montigue, add flavour text where you can get them: Level 7+ quests random drop, GH favour, etc. Whatever needs to be said as flowerly or in () as OOC.

Of course, it requires reading ability, and comperhesion to get that, but I think a little flavour text writing (about 5 minutes of someone's time) may save ALOT Vets' headaches and maybe cut down on the /advice channel questions.

Talon_Moonshadow
04-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Great idea.

Also have NPC's repeat things when you click on them again. Many people don't really read things the first time. And will miss many important tips. they need to be able to walk back up to the NPC and get the important info repeated for them.

Dm text sometimes does not show up in logs either, and it gets missed.

But yeah, seeing "where can I get a collapsed portable hole?" in chat every day is getting old.

And is probably even more frustrating for the new guy asking the question.

blitzschlag
04-29-2010, 07:49 AM
btw, are cph in the shop? would be a good item for 15-50tp. bagspace is vital and beeing dependant on a random drop (ok, argonessen favor is a no brainer these days as normal syberis are worthless) is so 2008 :D

dunklezhan
04-29-2010, 08:16 AM
btw, are cph in the shop? would be a good item for 15-50tp. bagspace is vital and beeing dependant on a random drop (ok, argonessen favor is a no brainer these days as normal syberis are worthless) is so 2008 :D

No WAY are they going to be 15-50TPs. An extra 20 bag slots for a character is apparently 995TPs based on the cost of the same number of slots for a character's private bank. Making that part of the inventory so you can carry it around with you? Based on Turbines current idea of 'reasonable' pricing, I'd expect at leat 1750TPs for a portable hole.

I wouldn't PAY that much (just like I won't buy the bag slot), but that's the price bracket I think they'd be looking at.

See, I'd've thought the price points would be roughly equivalent to favour. House K favour for one bank slot is 75. So 75TPs doesn't seem unreasonable, particularly since earning those TPs would require what, 300 favour if you've already have your 'server firsts' rewards? Ditto for the Argo rep. 75TPs is reasonable, 150TPs for the next favour reward (assuming its something you could reasonably expect to see in the shop - the ability to buy buffs from House P isn't suitable really, for example), and so on.

If you took the race/account favour rewards and compared that to what Turbine are charging it seems to be upscaled slightly, but roughly equivalent (drow are what, about 500TPs, and are a 400 favour reward, Vet status is 1250TPs, requiring 1000 favour reward), so why the one house favour reward equivalent we have in the game (single character bank slot) is so out of whack with that (75 favour reward can be bought in the shop for 995TPs? Que?) i've no idea. Even if you kept that rough level of upscaling in, the 75 favour rewards should only be about 100TPs, which still a price point I'd invest in for probably all my characters without even thinking about it (Hint turbine: if your customers don't even consider not buying, you make more reliable profit. I'm just saying).

Anyway. that's all off topic in quite a major way.

Back on topic - /signed. Text giving you the specific instructions you need is a win for all concerned for this sort of stuff.

DoctorWhofan
04-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Great idea.

Also have NPC's repeat things when you click on them again. Many people don't really read things the first time. And will miss many important tips. they need to be able to walk back up to the NPC and get the important info repeated for them.

Dm text sometimes does not show up in logs either, and it gets missed.

But yeah, seeing "where can I get a collapsed portable hole?" in chat every day is getting old.

And is probably even more frustrating for the new guy asking the question.

Oh yes...Please have them repeat instructions. Heed this Turbine, many of your Vets are sliding down the slippery slope of insanity due to constant repeating. PLEASE!