PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of jumping ship

Arwinja
04-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Let me start by saying i love the people in my current guild (most of the time :) ). Alot of them have helped me level several toons, learn many of the raids, and have been generally great people to play with. alot of those people are not active in the guild or are no longer playing. The issue is that we were a small guild to begin with, that has been getting smaller by the week as people stop logging on as often. it is to the point that we have only 2 or 3 people on at any given time, and most of us have differing timers or are interested in different things at the time. I find myself pugging most of the time and have not really played with many guildies lately.

The questions is what to do about it. I have tried to help grow the guild, and we have some new people who summarily and enjoyably out leveled my lowbies but ae still not on often when i am. I have tried to organize parties, but only one really ever happened.

what should i do? do i look for a more active guild? if i do leave how should i break it? any advise would be welcome.

toughguyjoe
04-27-2010, 07:28 PM
If you're going to leave a guild, My suggestions is to do it like ripping off a band-aid. Be classy about it, Don't whine or blame the band-aid, just get it over with and move on, and let the band-aid know theres no hard feelings XD

Milamber69
04-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Let me start by saying i love the people in my current guild (most of the time :) ). Alot of them have helped me level several toons, learn many of the raids, and have been generally great people to play with. alot of those people are not active in the guild or are no longer playing. The issue is that we were a small guild to begin with, that has been getting smaller by the week as people stop logging on as often. it is to the point that we have only 2 or 3 people on at any given time, and most of us have differing timers or are interested in different things at the time. I find myself pugging most of the time and have not really played with many guildies lately.

The questions is what to do about it. I have tried to help grow the guild, and we have some new people who summarily and enjoyably out leveled my lowbies but ae still not on often when i am. I have tried to organize parties, but only one really ever happened.

what should i do? do i look for a more active guild? if i do leave how should i break it? any advise would be welcome.

I say drag it out and make it as painful as possible for everyone involved, maybe even expell some members of your guild before you leave.

ArloOne
04-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Find a new guild. Ask the people you are pugging with,that you get along with and benefit your playstyle for a chance to get into their guild. Always be yourself, and don't be worried about asking people about their guild. Most guilds want active players and are more than happy to allow someone in who has the same mentality.

toughguyjoe
04-27-2010, 08:23 PM
I say drag it out and make it as painful as possible for everyone involved, maybe even expell some members of your guild before you leave.

Wait this sounds better than mine. Go with this.

lucas13
04-28-2010, 01:25 PM
If you are looking for a more active guild, there are plenty of good options in Argonnessen.

My personal favorite right now is OSD. They seem to be thriving lately, not sure if they are receiving applications at the moment though.

Here is their thread.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=173171

Good luck and happy hunting.

ArichValtrahn
04-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Can you enroll new people in the guild, or does anyone who can still play? If the guild was really that good to you, perhaps you should look into getting new blood enrolled.

Yaga_Nub
04-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Keep a few toons in the old guild and do stuff with them when you can and move some toons into new guilds. You'll be fine.

Mandinga
04-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Just be honest about it. If it is people you play with all the time they will understand.

Mandinga

totmacher
04-28-2010, 05:12 PM
join some active channels :) that way you don't have to be disloyal to your guild

Spisey
04-28-2010, 10:12 PM
join some active channels :) that way you don't have to be disloyal to your guild

shhhh stop taking my guild tactics!