PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this has been said before...

Wurmwood
04-27-2010, 06:24 PM
But I would like to see a mixture of the facebook D&D game, and DDO online. What I mean is, during offline (at work, office, or not logged in time) you can play a ddo facebook mini game that ties in with your account.
Something along the lines of a choose your own adventure type game but more involved that the current D&D facebook game. An example would be a MUD type adventure with pre-generated characters that you can adventure once or twice a day with (each time you choose an adventure, you have to wait 1 or 2 hours before you can adventure again so you dont have people adventuring 500 times a day).
You press the "roll dice" to see if you hit, miss, etc. When you get loot in the mini game you can log into ddo to see it in your mailbox if you choose to "send" it, OR you can use the loot to better equip your adventurer. You can also spend turbine points in the mini game to buy potions, better weapons etc. I'm not saying it should be easy, but something fun to play, and have a small chance at actually getting good loot or maybe XP pots for your character. What do you think?

azrael4h
04-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Yeah, and then it can ask, 16 times between dungeons, whether you wish to spam your friends on facebook. Or better yet, in between every single event! That way your wall will be so filled to the brim with useless FBDD posts, that no one will ever find anything pertinent, and as an added bonus they'll decide you have no life.

Used to play the Facebook DnD. Got fed up with it harassing me to let them email all my friends and flood their inbox. Given it did this every time I did anything in there, if I spent 5 mins I would get around 10 spam pop ups from it. No thanks.

Wurmwood
04-27-2010, 09:29 PM
you have a point. Although I can dream of a non spammy version *dreams*

azrael4h
04-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah, it was ok for a FB game. I complained for awhile about the spam, the devs refused to budge, and I stopped playing as a result. I'm not the only one, though I won't claim to know if it was a significant number that dropped it.

I'd like a Facebook feature for blocking all posts and invites from an app. I get some 50 a week.