PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Half-fast Guild

FarOutFish
04-25-2010, 12:32 AM
have been playing the game since F2P was in beta. The problem I have is I like to take my time and thoroughly explore a quest. Every group I have joined ran at warp speed through the quest as if they have some time limit to beat. That's not my style. I like to go slow, use appropriate tactics, cooperate instead of compete. I am retired and can play virtually anytime. Presently I have a number of characters from level 4 to 8. I am looking for a Guild that feels like I do. If your it, contact me.

Cupcake
04-26-2010, 03:39 PM
have been playing the game since F2P was in beta. The problem I have is I like to take my time and thoroughly explore a quest. Every group I have joined ran at warp speed through the quest as if they have some time limit to beat. That's not my style. I like to go slow, use appropriate tactics, cooperate instead of compete. I am retired and can play virtually anytime. Presently I have a number of characters from level 4 to 8. I am looking for a Guild that feels like I do. If your it, contact me.

I am sorry you feel FOR PONY! is not for you.

I am sorry that I am not on line 24 hours a day. I have limited play time due to work.

I am sorry that my husband is not on line 24 hours a day.

Good luck in your search.

revenftbm
04-26-2010, 09:11 PM
you need to join tor on.. aw dangit! wrong server forum...

:D

AdahnX
04-27-2010, 08:07 AM
I am also curious about this. I have a sporadic and limited game schedule due to work and family, but I still am not a big fan of the rushed feel that I get from a lot of the groups I've been in so far. I'm still a reasonably new player. Most of the time I do a quest it is the first or second time and I don't yet have it memorized and would like the opportunity to map it out and learn where everything is. Most of the time I end up soloing, both due to my hectic schedule and my desire to fully explore the quest areas, but I know that this isn't teaching me anything about cooperative play or group tactics which is going to cripple me in higher level content when grouping becomes a necessity.

shadowsaun
04-27-2010, 09:05 AM
I wanted to chime in here. For Pony was the first guild that recruited me. I was about a week into the game and was not ready for a true guild experience so I did not stay long. But let me say, there good people! I like running with them, a lot of them have much experience.

This being said, I am now a guild leader. The Wayward Lobster. While my guilds primary purpose may not be for you (were are a PvP optimist guild, and we own the taverns, I do call on members to fight) our grouping style for quests may be what you are looking for. I have only been playing about 4 months and still consider myself a new player (even thoe I have TRed) and as such, I welcome all new players (if you play style is slow, its cause your new and want the experience of the quest, not the XP or loot or what ever right? Its about fun after all).

We are leveling together. Right now about 8-11 in level. Our core group is coming to light. I welcome all new players, try to train, provide some gear/PP and we quest at a moderate pace. Our age range is huge right now, and the guild is small. You are welcome to join us. PM me in game or on the forum if anything I have said interest you. Good luck in your search, there are many great guild on our server and you should try to befriend as many influential people/guilds as you can if you want to succeed at hi-level on any pace.

FarOutFish
04-28-2010, 02:16 AM
I am also curious about this. I have a sporadic and limited game schedule due to work and family, but I still am not a big fan of the rushed feel that I get from a lot of the groups I've been in so far. I'm still a reasonably new player. Most of the time I do a quest it is the first or second time and I don't yet have it memorized and would like the opportunity to map it out and learn where everything is. Most of the time I end up soloing, both due to my hectic schedule and my desire to fully explore the quest areas, but I know that this isn't teaching me anything about cooperative play or group tactics which is going to cripple me in higher level content when grouping becomes a necessity.

Unfortunately you are the only one who is interested in playing slowly, at least the only one who answered my post. I guess only speed merchants are welcome in this game. After a year of playing, every PUG I have ever joined has been an unmitigated disaster. The only good runs I have had is with Cupcake and her FOR PONY Guild. There is just 3 of us left playing now, Cupcake, her hubby and me. Monday Night my Rogue joined a Guild group doing Caged Trolls. There was no plan, everyone just ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. After the 1st Troll I was OK but two guild members were dead and the rest beat up. It was then I realized my Rogue, who carries healing potions and wands was the only one in the party who could heal anyone. Later I was told the Guild did not carry healing pots because "If everyone does their job, you don't need them." After the second troll, one guildie was dead and another badly banged up. While I healed the injured player and carried the dead ones soul stone to the reincarnation alter, the rest of their Guild members rushed off to the treasure. That was the last straw. I guess I am not cut out to work with others, although I never had these problems during the two years I played Bounty bay Online. That being the case, and all my characters are at a point where they can no longer solo, I have decided to let my VIP subscription expire May 5th. I may pop in once in a while and run a little F2P solo but I have given up grouping, unless Cupcake's Guild gets more members. I wish you better luck with the game, have fun.

TrinityTurtle
04-28-2010, 05:13 PM
YOu can always try Forgotten Legion. We have a wide variety of members, but like every other guild, it's not 24/7 for any member. We have a mix of those who like to explore every cranny and those that have done the quests so much we're on autopilot now. LOL We raid, but on a casual basis, and don't try to make ddo anyone's second job, every member can go from turtle speed to warp speed as they see fit.