PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - Better Mail

Major_Pain
04-24-2010, 12:54 AM
Can we see a better mail system? I would like to be able to have an address book and an ability to have a group distribution. I would also like to be able to add some ones name to my address book as part of the focus orb.

Ormindo
04-24-2010, 11:36 AM
I want the unicorn symbol back.

DoctorWhofan
04-24-2010, 11:38 AM

THis I'll sign.

The OP statement, I would like to send more than one and an address book, I am just happy we have one that works fairly well.

knightgf
04-24-2010, 11:40 AM
I wish we had Fedex as our in-game mail distributor instead of this lousy "House Orien" mail service.

Fedex delivers. House Orien doesn't.

dunklezhan
04-24-2010, 11:46 AM
message all guild members should be available to officers and Guild leaders.

Multiple items attached to one mail.

That'd probably do it for me. I don't know what the unicorn symbol was or did, cos i iz a newb.

sephiroth1084
04-24-2010, 12:00 PM
The thing I most want added to our mailboxes is a ****ing REPLY button. How have we not had one of these?

Lorien_the_First_One
04-24-2010, 12:02 PM
forward
multiple attachments
for officers, "sent to all in guild"

Mmmhealz
04-24-2010, 12:40 PM
I agree with the above posts. I think the mail system could use a bit of reworking. I can't beleive the game's been out 4 years and there is no reply button in mails.

azrael4h
04-24-2010, 06:45 PM
When I saw this, I thought it was for better looking mail armors. :P

/signed though, we should at least have a reply function.

markhoge
04-24-2010, 06:51 PM

I never understood what the unicorn symbol meant. I was glad when they changed it to the envolope. I then understood that the unicorm meant I had mail. Until they changed it I never understood it. I think a lot of new people were confused by it. Please DO NOT change it back to the unicorn!

Doomcrew
04-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Can we see a better mail system? I would like to be able to have an address book and an ability to have a group distribution. I would also like to be able to add some ones name to my address book as part of the focus orb.

This is a plat farmers wet dream. Point, click, add, all server send...........
Whether it's intent is good or bad, it will be used as a spam tool. And yes,
a reply button has been long desired by most.

Cheers

Memnir
04-24-2010, 07:09 PM
A reply button, an increased money-cap for mailing funds (or let us put plat in the shared bank), and the Unicorn symbol back and I'd be happy.

But yes, the Mail could use/deserves another development pass.

BrinLondo
04-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Signed.

azrael4h
04-24-2010, 08:18 PM
This is a plat farmers wet dream. Point, click, add, all server send...........
Whether it's intent is good or bad, it will be used as a spam tool. And yes,
a reply button has been long desired by most.

Cheers

Try a Guild-only mass send, and make it so that the Guild members are automatically added to a player's list. Let players report any spam, and block the senders. Outside of guilds, make it so that you have to painstakingly enter every name in by hand. And no mass send outside of guildies.

lbroyles
04-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Mail System isnt terrible...but can someone make it so we can send more then 9999 plat at a time to diffrent characters

Bogenbroom
04-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Hmmm... my desires for the mail system go toward the other end.

I would love to have attachment mail with no text in it auto-delete and/or a "detach and delete" button.

I would be very tentative about any mass-mailing options, except for in-guild. Mailing multiple objects would be nice, but I think they have a concern about us using the mail system as a short term bank, and multiple attachments may be harder to monitor/control.

Tharlak
04-26-2010, 10:55 AM

/signed

Thrombur_Stormforger
04-28-2010, 12:41 AM
signed...esp to address book.....

Thrombur_Stormforger
04-28-2010, 12:42 AM
Hmmm... my desires for the mail system go toward the other end.

I would love to have attachment mail with no text in it auto-delete and/or a "detach and delete" button.

I would be very tentative about any mass-mailing options, except for in-guild. Mailing multiple objects would be nice, but I think they have a concern about us using the mail system as a short term bank, and multiple attachments may be harder to monitor/control.

its already being used as a bank...the AH, too...

Major_Pain
04-28-2010, 06:28 PM
I thought I was the only one who thought that the mail system needed work.

I would also like to know which one of my toons have mail. If we could see who has mail as part of My DDO. I would like to read mail at work but that might be asking for too much.

I could see if the mail system got better we DDO could use the system for special event announcements or listing what new items were for sale in the DDO Store. I am a noob and I really do not know that the Risia games are all about.

Vordax
04-28-2010, 06:48 PM
I never understood what the unicorn symbol meant. I was glad when they changed it to the envolope. I then understood that the unicorm meant I had mail. Until they changed it I never understood it. I think a lot of new people were confused by it. Please DO NOT change it back to the unicorn!

The Coat of Arms for house Orien (http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/House_Orien) is the unicorn.

Vordax

AylinIsAwesome
04-28-2010, 08:47 PM
/signed for the Unicorn symbol.

The other stuff is good too, but a girl's gotta have priorities. ;)