PDA

View Full Version : Epic!

Bloodhaven
04-22-2010, 03:41 PM
There is a simple way to fix EPIC loot.

Epic Scrolls - change the type of scrolls that epic monsters drop. Call these new scrolls "Cryptic Scrolls" send them all to collectibles bag.

Turn in 3-5 cryptic scrolls in to an NPC for 1 epic scroll of your choice! They may need several NPC's in appropriate areas for the type of epic scrolls they offer. Have the Epic scrolls bind to account to avoid exploits.

Seals and shards, same as scrolls call them "Cryptic"

Epic Tokens, are fine as is. 1 per epic dungon/raid

The rest of the mechanics stays the same.

Phidius
04-22-2010, 03:48 PM
This would only be a fix if Turbine was to acknowledge that insane amounts of grinding was a mistake...

Did I miss a post from Fernando or something?

Cyr
04-22-2010, 03:49 PM
I made a similar suggestion a while back except I kept the individual scrolls/seals/shards around and just had an npc that would trade you 3-5 for one of your choice. That way there is still a chance that some of the lesser desired epic items will be made.

Sirea
04-22-2010, 03:51 PM
They'd still be subject to ninja-looting, even more so if it means people can get the scroll of their choice by grabbing up enough "cryptic" scrolls.

What needs to be changed is the mechanic of having them drop in the open and being able to be picked up on the sly by anyone.

KingOfCheese
04-22-2010, 03:53 PM
This would only be a fix if Turbine was to acknowledge that insane amounts of grinding was a mistake...

Did I miss a post from Fernando or something?

Here is an interview I conducted* with Fernando.

Socky: so what do you think about the epic grinding in the game?
Fernando: I think it is insane and a bit of a mistake.
Socky: are there any changes planned?
Fernando: There will probably be a change. We are waiting for our community to suggest some good ideas--like the concept of cryptic turn-ins.

*By "conducted", I mean "did not conduct"

Bloodhaven
04-22-2010, 03:53 PM
It is as broken as Reaver crafting, and that has yet to be acknowledged as broken by the dev team. If there is a hole in the dam it does not go away just because the dam supervisor says there is no hole.

Bloodhaven
04-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Here is an interview I conducted* with Fernando.

Socky: so what do you think about the epic grinding in the game?
Fernando: I think it is insane and a bit of a mistake.
Socky: are there any changes planned?
Fernando: There will probably be a change. We are waiting for our community to suggest some good ideas--like the concept of cryptic turn-ins.

*By "conducted", I mean "did not conduct"

Good response +1