PDA

View Full Version : how about sum actual equipment options?

midevillw
04-21-2010, 03:43 PM
i know ill probably get sum flames but realy i dnt care. i just wanna say it.

1. Daggers
a.unless its a throwing dagger, all npc's seam to use the same style daggers. why cant we get the option to use this grafic of daggers for PC's?
( personlay they look better imop, and then i might actualy use them)
b. in PnP (i know flame away) daggers are both slashing and pircing wep. this could actualy make the 1d4 dmg wep half way viable, as they would be more versatle.

2. short swords
a. pircing wep. always been a pircing wep. personaly i think its kinda sad that the only option for a pure rogue build for a finessable slashing wep, is a sickle.
b. the short swords in the chr generation screen for the ranger...these actualy look decent and useable, even as a pircing wep.

3. item grafic choice at purchase?
a. i understand that named items would have a set image. but when we buy an item from a vender couldnt we get an option of what we want the item to look like? instead of a simple generic bit of pixels? im not asking for each wep/armor/ect to be unique. just be abe to pick from the grafic that are curently avaliable?
b. item grafix that are only aval theu the point store would still be unique. (ie the +1 fullplate with spikes) at higher lvls would it be possable to get venders for higher than +1 gears? perhaps myth or adamantiam?

4. quivers
a. could it be possable to impliment a wepon set for bow and quivers? as it is with a thin quiver can only hold 400 of 3 different type of arrows, i have to either manualy change quivers if i stock arrows for any particular quest. ( ie. reptile, goblin bane)

5. masterwork items. any way we may be able to purchase sum of these? i try to collect as many master work arrows as i can. (400 reg arrows, 400 masterwork, and even 400 +1 are usualy in my quiver so i have a suply that i dnt always run out of)

ripperj
04-21-2010, 05:42 PM
plz ignore, my post that is

Cylinwolf
04-21-2010, 05:55 PM
5. masterwork items. any way we may be able to purchase sum of these? i try to collect as many master work arrows as i can. (400 reg arrows, 400 masterwork, and even 400 +1 are usualy in my quiver so i have a suply that i dnt always run out of)

The +1 attack (or attack and damage in the case of +1 arrows) on masterwork arrows won't stack with the (at least) +1 enhancement bonus on every bow in the game.

They're absolutely worthless.

Hokiewa
04-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Art costs money. It is the largest expense an mmo incurs. That being said, there are plenty of daggers that don't look like daggers. There are "sai" looking daggers for example.

2) Not sure what your point is

3) Again, art costs money. People have been begging for "custom looks" since the beginning.

4) If you are dead set on using arrows and not playing an AA, then good luck. If you are playing an AA then this won't be an issue later on in your characters life.

5) see #4

Spell check is your friend:)

Hokiewa
04-21-2010, 06:07 PM
The +1 attack (or attack and damage in the case of +1 arrows) on masterwork arrows won't stack with the (at least) +1 enhancement bonus on every bow in the game.

They're absolutely worthless.

People that have asked for this are simply looking for another cheap stack to place in their quiver. They aren't looking for the enhancement.

Lorien_the_First_One
04-21-2010, 06:10 PM
People that have asked for this are simply looking for another cheap stack to place in their quiver. They aren't looking for the enhancement.

Then they can use regular arrows. MW adds nothing.

Hokiewa
04-21-2010, 06:13 PM

You are missing the point, regular arrows take up a slot. They are looking to fill another QUIVER slot with cheap consumables. I'm quite aware that MW won't add anything.....you seriously think....whatever.... They won't spend the money to buy +1's, I guess.

melkor1702
04-21-2010, 07:14 PM

Yes but they can't put 2 stacks of regular arrows in the same quiver (ie you can't have 3 stacks of 400 in the quiver mentioned) and there is no point having +3 or +5 arrows if you are using a +5 bow.

If you have a high + bow you may just want the cheapest arrows to use and having 1200 available in the one quiver is nice

azrael4h
04-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Yes but they can't put 2 stacks of regular arrows in the same quiver (ie you can't have 3 stacks of 400 in the quiver mentioned) and there is no point having +3 or +5 arrows if you are using a +5 bow.

If you have a high + bow you may just want the cheapest arrows to use and having 1200 available in the one quiver is nice

Then don't sell off the +1 of lesser useless banes and the other el-cheapo arrows that you end up collecting by bashing crates and turning in collectibles. All my arrows come from there. Useless, but then I never use ranged unless forced.

melkor1702
04-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Then don't sell off the +1 of lesser useless banes and the other el-cheapo arrows that you end up collecting by bashing crates and turning in collectibles. All my arrows come from there. Useless, but then I never use ranged unless forced.

Again the problem isn't the supply of cheap arrows, you can buy a million regular arrows if you desire. The problem comes in stacking in the quiver. "Useless" stack of 20 +1 Arrows of Lesser XXX Bane will not stack with a "Useless" stack of 20 +1 Arrows of Lesser YYY Bane (and don't get me wrong, they shouldn't) but then the quiver that can hold 1200 arrows are holding a stack of 1 x 400 stack of normal arrows, 1 x 20 stack of +1 lesser xxx bane and 1 x 20 stack of +1 lesser yyy bane.

It's not an efficent use of the space.

OP, noone has mentioned it yet but House D favour will allow you to "unlock" a vendor which will give you access in the second level of favour access to "sturdy" arrows which are 75% returning.

Hokiewa
04-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Sighs.....I'm not sure why this is such a difficult thing to understand. It's been explained what 6 times now.....Lol..

Melkor breaks out the math....I knew the word "sum" would confuse people:D

midevillw
04-22-2010, 07:43 AM
Sighs.....I'm not sure why this is such a difficult thing to understand. It's been explained what 6 times now.....Lol..

Melkor breaks out the math....I knew the word "sum" would confuse people:D

this is actualy what i was talking about concerning arrows, i have a +1 flaming composit longbow of pure good. what i want is simply a large suply of arrows to shoot. (i carry a wide quiver for the "usless bane" arrows as back up, ....sum times i even use them agenst the mobs they do extra dmg to * shocked!!*)

yes this would moastly apeal to ranged atackers, rangers and possably repeater rogues.

yes i understand that art cost money. im not asking for any new art to be put into the game. mearly the ablity to select from alrdy existing artwork that is alrdy in the game.

the daggers are in use by the npc's this means that there are atack animations, and grafix for them. they ay not be pc animations, i havnt just sttod there while they atack me to try to figure out if the quick feet use the same stance and atack combo as a rogue using duel daggers.

the short swords grafix are atleast avalable as they are present in chr generation, and they even show the atack animations for them.

i realy dnt think its that unreasonable of a thought as the art is alrdy there