PDA

View Full Version : Mummy Rot not disease?

MithrilSoul
04-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Okay newish player, just recently got my highest level toon to 10. Going back many levels, I had looted a Disease Immunity Necklace. After holding on to it for several levels with no diseases in sight, I asked in-game on advice channel as to when I might actually start seeing some disease. (Wanted to know whether necklace was worth keeping or not). Everyone replied, "Oh definitely keep it, you are going to be facing mummies soon and mummies have a nasty disease called mummy rot so you want to have protection from that.)

Okay so fast forward, a couple of days ago I am in Deleras Graveyard and I do the Keeper's Sanctuary quest. I see towards the end there is a mummy boss so I happily put on my Disease Immunity necklace that I've been carrying around for 6+ levels now. Start the fight, mummy hits me and first blow...I have mummy rot.

***?@!$@!$@

This happened more than once. Was wearing Disease Immunity necklace, got hit by a mummy, immediately was inflicted with mummy rot. So were all those people in-game wrong about Mummy Rot being a disease? Or are the mummy bosses in Keeper's Sanctuary some kind of uber-mummies that bypass the protection the necklace is supposed to be giving me?

Original
04-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Mummy Rot is a Disease and Curse.. so when your wearing disease immunity you only get the curse part... so a remove curse pot will take care of it.

But If you dont have disease immunity you will have to drink a remove curse and remove disease pot within secs of each other to get rid of mummy rot... which canbe annoying.

Iambeastx
04-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Mummy rot is a mix of a curse and a disease, you'll need curse pots to combat it with the necklace

Aurora1979
04-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Hi welcome to the game

Im not sure what it is classed as but to get rid of mummy rot you need to remove curse and disease together.... or in short time, i think about 5 seconds before you get hit again. I tend to keep a disease immunity item about and some curse removal pots. when you got mummy rot stick on you necklace quaff a pot and you will be all cured :)

Im sure someone can advise better then this, because i think there might be a save against it, my capped sorc never seemed to catch it, but i dont know what that is to be quite honest. The above however is the only way to cure it afaik.

Daggaz
04-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Hi welcome to the game

Im not sure what it is classed as but to get rid of mummy rot you need to remove curse and disease together.... or in short time, i think about 5 seconds before you get hit again. I tend to keep a disease immunity item about and some curse removal pots. when you got mummy rot stick on you necklace quaff a pot and you will be all cured :)

Im sure someone can advise better then this, because i think there might be a save against it, my capped sorc never seemed to catch it, but i dont know what that is to be quite honest. The above however is the only way to cure it afaik.

Not quite. You just have to remove curse first. Then, and at any point after that providing the player hasnt died from the disease, you can cast remove disease and he is cured. Trying to remove the disease first doesnt work, and often leads to confusion among newer players.

Daehawk
04-20-2010, 10:13 AM
One thing that I've noticed with Mummy Rot is that you don't need to cleanse the Curse portion if you have a Disease Immunity item on.

With Disease Immune or Poison Immune items I tend to put them on after I get the disease/poison. Granted you'll still have the icons like you have it. But when it tries to tick it won't even roll a save and just say you're immune till the timer ends then the icon will disappear.

With Mummy Rot, even though it's a refreshing disease/curse if you have the disease immune item on when the timer runs off on it, the curse will just fade away along with the disease. At least that's how it works with my characters it seems.

But also what you might of been hit with was Mummy's Curse ability which is completely different from Mummy Rot. That is another thing caused by mummies and it makes it to where you can't be healed by Positive Energy.

MithrilSoul
04-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Okay so if I am understanding this correctly, when I am hit with it I will have to use a remove curse pot, and then if I have my necklace on the necklace will take care of the disease part automatically, correct? Whereas if I wasn't wearing the necklace, I would need to use the curse pot and then follow it up with a remove disease pot.

Yaga_Nub
04-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Okay so if I am understanding this correctly, when I am hit with it I will have to use a remove curse pot, and then if I have my necklace on the necklace will take care of the disease part automatically, correct? Whereas if I wasn't wearing the necklace, I would need to use the curse pot and then follow it up with a remove disease pot.

Yes.

Pwesiela
04-20-2010, 10:38 AM

Cursed disease. Get rid of the curse to get rid of the disease.

Bekki
04-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Yes,

if you can use Wands
a Remove Curse wand,
and remove Disease wand
will work the same way...

Emili
04-20-2010, 10:56 AM
... as others have said,

Drink a remove curse potion
then
Drink a remove desease potion

Many people just wear a desease immunity item ... or certain classes (or a race such as WF) have desease immunity. For all your mummy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/mummy.htm) inquiries.

Matuse
04-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Beyond mummies, there are a fair number of monsters you run into which throw disease effects at you. Since anyone can roll a 1 on a save (and frequently do), it's better to be immune and just not worry about it.