PDA

View Full Version : Quest Impossible to complete

CrOnNoS
04-19-2010, 02:05 AM
I was in a party today doing the irestone quest in harbor and the tanker got all the keg's needed to explode the ship but quitted the game before do so.
Since was impossible to complete the quest without the kegs we had to recall.
Theres any way to "reset" it so we dont get less xp from the next time ? Its a bit sux to just lose the quest itens cuz of one party member and the entirely party get xp loss cuz of it

Beherit_Baphomar
04-19-2010, 02:13 AM
Recalling, breaking group and reforming (which is what you would have to have done in this situation anyways) would not give you an XP hit. You only take less XP if someone recalls and reenters the quest, not if you run it again with a new party.

And there are a ton of barrels on Irestone, did the dude pick em all up?

Yeah, maybe the Devs need to look into making the barrels respawn after a coupla minutes.

Sleepingcap
04-19-2010, 02:42 AM
Off the top of my head, i think there are at least 7 extra barrels if not more.
Though yeah, just recalling out, uninviting everyone, reinviting all of them and reentering the quest would've reset it and all the barrels are belong to us

Psyker
04-19-2010, 04:33 AM
I'm pretty sure that when someone recalls or disconnects if they have something that is needed to complete the quest (such as barrels or keys) that those items are automatically dropped wherever they were when they left the quest, same thing happened to me in Gwylands the other day and we were able to pick up the barrels someone had and proceed.

Danmor
04-19-2010, 05:09 AM
If you examine quest items they say if they drop on leaving the adventure or not, but that mechanic is sometimes a bit bugged out. Some items don't leave your inventory when they should, so it might be possible that the tank took the barrels with him to offline-land.

Haven't done Irestone in ages, so I don't know if the barrels drop on DC. They should though.

Dunklerlindwurm
04-19-2010, 05:25 AM
If i remember right...if the group picks up 6 of them noone else can pick up extra ones

Shade
04-19-2010, 05:45 AM
If you examine quest items they say if they drop on leaving the adventure or not, but that mechanic is sometimes a bit bugged out. Some items don't leave your inventory when they should, so it might be possible that the tank took the barrels with him to offline-land.

Haven't done Irestone in ages, so I don't know if the barrels drop on DC. They should though.

Used to be bugged. Never seen it happened recently. Old bug was mostly that allot of items were set to "destroyed on leaving adventure, instead of drops" .. But i think 99.9% of those have been updated.

The only issue I find with that recently is that sometimes the items will fall UNDER the ground.. You should still be able to target with backspace, but sometimes when you go to pick then up it says "XXX is blocked"

Ofcourse the tank may have taken a swim and logged out in some random place under water making retriving them somewhat difficult for a low lvl group.

CrOnNoS
04-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Recalling, breaking group and reforming (which is what you would have to have done in this situation anyways) would not give you an XP hit. You only take less XP if someone recalls and reenters the quest, not if you run it again with a new party.

And there are a ton of barrels on Irestone, did the dude pick em all up?

Yeah, maybe the Devs need to look into making the barrels respawn after a coupla minutes.

oh i didnt know it was like that =O good to know and thanks for say
and maybe theres tons but it was hard enough to us obtain the first 6 using the only 2 shires there so was impossible to even try get more
well problem solved =D thanks all for the advices