PDA

View Full Version : Guild Bank

SisAmethyst
04-17-2010, 10:50 AM
... stated with http://www.ddo.com/ddogameinfo/developer-diaries/899-ddo-unlimited-state-of-the-game-2010- it sounds we may get Guild Houses in the Future ... additional suggestion upon that would be to have an additional Bank Slot for the Guild where the Members can add items that the Leader could save for new Members.

Right now Guilds may create an additional character that keep that items and where Members eMail the items to that character. However this can become annoying especialy due to the fact that it is so easy to missspell a character name sending an eMail ...

To avoid everybody starting then an own Guild to have additional bank slots those bank slots may be earned somehow with a Guild Favour or with a Guild Quest and items like a portable hole or by introducing Guild Leves based on size and reputation.

This is I guess far more worthwhile then the Guild House itself.

And please, don't add an auction system like e.g. in Lineage for the Guild Houses as this would mean only the rich will get one and smaller new Guilds will never have a chance.

smatt
04-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Yes, that will be 25K turbine points for your guild bank please.... :cool::rolleyes:

Guild Housing = Worthless game fluff they can sell to idiots instead of REAL game content IE: New quests, or perhaps even debugging the MANY integral game systems that are completely broken....

PopeJual
04-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Guild banks already exist in the game - sort of.

Create a new Free to Play account.

Spend the smallest amount of money possible to make it premium so that you can actually do things like sell on the auction house if you want to and to turn off some of the annoying F2P stuff. Use that money to buy an extra character slot.

Create a couple of bank characters. If you start the "Hi Welcome" guild, then you can make "HiWelcomeBank1", ""HiWelcomeBank2", "HiWelcomeBank3".

Guild members mail their prized loot to those bank characters and those bank characters can then mail the loot to other characters as needed. Easy peasey, rice and cheesy.

...just don't give that account password to people until you are pretty sure that they can be trusted with the responsibility. Also, don't make all new members of your guild officers the moment that they're /invited.

SisAmethyst
04-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Yes, that will be 25K turbine points for your guild bank please.... :cool::rolleyes:...

Not sure if 25K Turbine Points is the right amount, but considering Guild Leaders which are probably mostly VIP and/or probably players that even pay quite some Trubine Points for Reincarnation, Tomes and other stuff I am pretty sure Leaders would like to have the possibility to buy that Guild Bank slot that enables Guild members to post items over to the Leader into a dedicated place where the Leader can drag it out and woudl save a lot of resources from the Leader himself.

SisAmethyst
04-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Guild banks already exist in the game - sort of...

well ... as I already wrote '...
Right now Guilds may create an additional character that keep that items ..."

That is indeed a possibility but that is more sort of a dirty work arround and not really reflect the idea. Because I still have to eMail that stuff to that character. It would be far more nice to do this
- directly in the bank
- probbably as a Officer even see what items are stored there

smatt
04-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Not sure if 25K Turbine Points is the right amount, but considering Guild Leaders which are probably mostly VIP and/or probably players that even pay quite some Trubine Points for Reincarnation, Tomes and other stuff I am pretty sure Leaders would like to have the possibility to buy that Guild Bank slot that enables Guild members to post items over to the Leader into a dedicated place where the Leader can drag it out and woudl save a lot of resources from the Leader himself.

Hmm, I can say that it's likely that most of the older guild leaders DON'T buy tomes.. Most ViP's likely have a few toons as mules...

My point is that instead of new content what DDO will ge tin the future is overpriced pay out of your pocket fluff like this. It's becoming a buy your way through the game......

Evidence.. No new favor rewards, nothing for actual in game accolpishments... And what you can get through questing as far as new items go.. A good number of them don't even work.... :rolleyes:

DDO is on a bad roll... Crappy Mod, crappy epic, crappy store items, no fixes coming in for all the broken equipment systems, feats, enhancements.... No new high level content... The Wall.... Shall I go on... DDO-EU is stumbling.. At elast for existing players... But it's likely they dont' really care.. The FtP wave is carrying the load at the moment... :cool:

SisAmethyst
04-17-2010, 11:40 AM
...My point is that instead of new content what DDO will ge tin the future is overpriced pay out of your pocket fluff like this. It's becoming a buy your way through the game...

Well, I know that there are pros and cons about the F2P and the possibility to buy some stuff and I not really wanted to talk about that topic here.

However I guess there need to be a restriction to this Guild Bank System or it will be abused. A Favour based system is oen option to prevent this. And if they add Guild Houses which I as well only see as a 'fluff' I would be more interested to see stuff that is actualy somehowe usefull when it comes to Guilds.

I guess we even can not stop ideas that you may be able to pay for the Guild Bank via turbine points and then everybody will complain that it is either to cheap or to expensive. But that is a total different topic.