PDA

View Full Version : Armor check penalty

massiivne
04-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Im quite new to the game and I dont really understand that penalty. So could anyone explain to me how that penalty affects my battle cleric?

Visty
04-15-2010, 11:19 AM
ACP is a malus to every STR and DEX based skill (a skill which uses STR as attribute is a STR based skill, like jump) and double on swim

on your battle cleric most likely it only affects balance and jump

JustWinBaby
04-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Im quite new to the game and I dont really understand that penalty. So could anyone explain to me how that penalty affects my battle cleric?

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Glossary:Armor_Check_Penalty

Armor check penalty gives you a negative X (depending on the armor/shield) to your Balance, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Swim, and Tumble Skills. The penalty for Swim is doubled.

I'm assuming the only Skills you MIGHT have with your Cleric are Balance, Jump, and maybe Tumble. If you don't have any of those skills, you shouldn't worry, at all. If you do, then those skills aren't going to help you out as much, but you still probably shouldn't worry.

massiivne
04-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Im just swinging my weapon for attacking so this shouldent bother me right?

Thanks for the info.

under_miner
04-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Great question. I often wondered what weight that penalty carried. Now I'm willing to accept the penalty, simply based on the fact that certain buffs and spells can negate the penalty when I need to. Thanks for the post. :)

JustWinBaby
04-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Im just swinging my weapon for attacking so this shouldent bother me right?

Thanks for the info.

Balance helps you when you get knocked down (i.e. the stupid Iron Defenders)
Tumble makes you take less falling damage
Jump makes you jump higher

Depending how much you care/use those 3, depends on how much it will bother you. My assumption is you don't really care about those, so I wouldn't worry about it.

If you're wearing Heavy armor, I would be sure to get naked before swimming though :)