PDA

View Full Version : No other way to contact you

TheGodThanatos
04-14-2010, 11:42 PM
If i could find another way to get this across i would use it. there are people reinacting sexual actions on a constant basis in game. i have seen this on 2 servers now. i would apreciate it if something were done to stop this kind of childish activity as i have children near me walking by from time to time watching whjats on my screen. impressionable minds do not need that kind of stimuli.

phalaeo
04-14-2010, 11:45 PM
I take it you don't enter into a tavern with them in the room because you think they will see your character in a bar setting "drinking"?

kaelis
04-14-2010, 11:46 PM
If i could find another way to get this across i would use it. there are people reinacting sexual actions on a constant basis in game. i have seen this on 2 servers now. i would apreciate it if something were done to stop this kind of childish activity as i have children near me walking by from time to time watching whjats on my screen. impressionable minds do not need that kind of stimuli.

Um... a joke right? Simply don't have your children watching you, or ask people in your parties to stop, easy enough solution.

Stanley_Nicholas
04-14-2010, 11:48 PM
But hey, it's perfectly fine for them to see you gleefully slaughter thousands upon thousands of creatures, including dogs and humans, right?

Hokiewa
04-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Amazing...

Twerpp
04-14-2010, 11:49 PM
If they are bugging you just turn the TV on.

Twitchster
04-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Not to totally defend what others do but.....

http://www.ddo.com/playnow/

If you look at the rating box there it says T for Teen...

Violence
Blood
Alcohol Reference
SUGGESTIVE THEMES

It is not the game designers responsibility to raise your children.. that falls on your shoulders.

woundead85
04-14-2010, 11:59 PM
What is wrong with shadow-humping, while you wield Shining Devastation? o.O
Doesn't look too sexually implicit to me :D

phalaeo
04-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Not to totally defend what others do but.....

http://www.ddo.com/playnow/

If you look at the rating box there it says T for Teen...

Violence
Blood
Alcohol Reference
SUGGESTIVE THEMES

It is not the game designers responsibility to raise your children.. that falls on your shoulders.

This is considered an "online interaction", which has nothing to do with the ratings system. The OP is (I assume) talking about "shadow humping", where a player goes into sneak mode and then repeatedly pressed the jump key. It looks like it is simulating a sexual act.

There's a rumour on Argo that someone either got banned or got a warning for doing this, although I cannot attest to the veracity of that claim.

I could care less if people do it and I've done it myself on occasion to lighten certain situations. I can see why the OP may not want his/her children to see it, but unfortunately, he/she is the one deciding to play a game where he/she knows it's going to happen.

Twitchster
04-15-2010, 12:12 AM
Exactly phalaeo, which is my point.. if they mention "suggestive themes" in the esrb.. and then in the next box over say that online interactions are not rated by the ESRB.. its the same as saying... we rate this T for Teen.. yet we can't say what may happen online.

It still falls onto the shoulders of the parent of not trying to find a scapegoat.. and responsibly raising their child. If they do not feel that seeing these things are good for them... you (the parent) should take better steps in preventing so.

But then again, games are the devil and they make children evil in the end. :)

Impaqt
04-15-2010, 12:22 AM
If they are doing something that violates the rules, report em, otherwise, lighten up. (Your description here indicated they are not)

Daggaz
04-15-2010, 12:33 AM
Wow, ten negative responses, and nobody mentioned this one?

Sexual behavior is anything but "childish," if anything thats the word for your attitude. Asking the devs to play big brother and essentially spy on the entire player base, so that they can control the actions of others in defense of your (some would say delicate, I would say queezy) sense of morals?

Yeah... gonna give a big fat -1 on this one, pal. Time to grow up a bit, its a big world out there, and not everything is gonna work out the way you want it, nor will there be someone there to hold your hand the whole time.

This kind of overbearing, childish, and frankly neo-victorian-ultra-puritan-politically-correct-until-it-flies-in-the-face-of-a-free-society hypocracy is why I finally got fed up enough with the states and moved to Europe.

WeaselKing
04-15-2010, 12:34 AM

I hope you don't let them watch you run Purging the Heretics then.

Lleren
04-15-2010, 12:35 AM

Report them for harrasment or submit an in game ticket for harrasment is the best I can suggest.

To submit an ingame ticket go to the main menu and click Help.

GM's can't watch everything everywhere at all times, and while I don't know if they will do anythign about this, it is likely your best option.

Gadget2775
04-15-2010, 12:44 AM

If it's an issue for you, YOU should be the one doing something about it.

While in game...
1. Press ESC
2. Select Help from the pop-up menu
3. Select "New Ticket Button" from Help Window
4. Select proper category for the complaint (I'd go with Harassment)
5. Fill out ticket
6. Make sure you enter the name of the player you wish to report
7. Accept that what ever decision the Mods make it's none of your business. They will not discuss the results with you unless they determine that you're harassing other players by misusing the Help Ticket function.

Personally I think you're over reacting. Course, it's always possible I'm wrong...But I rather doubt it.

Joseph
04-15-2010, 12:50 AM
So, you are entering a fictional world of magic, monsters, and multiple races, where you will use swords, axes, magic, and whatnot to kill said monsters and multiple races, and you are not in the least bit concerned that your children might do any of the following:

1) Engage in gang stlye beating of other children (ala - Kobold Assult)
2) Get lost, prompting mass media coverage and millions of dollars as police try to save your childred (before they realize Arlos is actually not one of your children).
3) Decide next time they go into McDonalds play land (aka, the tavern), that it is ok to use great cleave on the other children.
4) Put your old shoes on, because everyone knows they make you run faster (Anger's step)
5) Decide that is is cool to dance like Erkle (or half of the dance animations in DDO)
6) Think that people in the stock market, shouting sell, sell, are like you shouting heal, heal into the microphone

I suppuse the alternative, dressing in all black and jumping out to randomly hump visitors while swinging a chrome egg beater at them, is more frightening for you?

Just tell the kids they are black frogs.

Better yet, if they can read, get the a copy of the Wizard of Earthsea and tell them it is Gebbeth (or whatever the name of that black thing that came across the wall was), now go to bed!

:eek:

GrandpaMunster
04-15-2010, 01:01 AM
Simply stated you're an adult run your kids off. My kids like to try to watch me play the game because they know they're not supposed to and I simply tell them to move along. If my kids are persistant enough that they won't leave I simply finish whatever dungeon I'm in and turn off the game. Its not a GM's job to control other players because you're completely inept at controlling your own children.

tolana
04-15-2010, 01:31 AM
if you are that worried about it maybe try logging out and not playing in front of the kids. i am sure the kids would appreciate a little play time instead of looking at your back while someone stealth humps your toon.

Memnir
04-15-2010, 01:44 AM
If there are children present and you feel they may be exposed to something you think is inappropriate - then you as the adult should refrain from such activity until the children are not around.

You are the responsible party on your end of the computer - and it is not Turbine's job to police all ingame behavior because you are unwilling to be accountable for your own activity.