PDA

View Full Version : Quests for Holy Mauls

Rexmundis
04-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know a low level quest (1-4 level) that drops a holy maul of some type? I may need one soon for Deleras which people say have a ton of undead...maybe...Im skeptical on that.

mws2970
04-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Does anyone know a low level quest (1-4 level) that drops a holy maul of some type? I may need one soon for Deleras which people say have a ton of undead...maybe...Im skeptical on that.

I used a +3 maul and did fine against regular skells. For the ghostly skells, I used a flametouched iron GA and did just fine against them. You can also use the Silver Flame club too. That is given to you before part 2.

cluedout
04-14-2010, 02:14 PM
check the AH i put a +1 holy maul fer 50kp up a few hours ago, prolly was gone as soon as somone saw it tho.

Rexmundis
04-14-2010, 02:20 PM
whoa 50,000 plats... jeebus. Anyone know where I can get a cheap flametouched/holy/+1/-1? greataxe/maul/2handed in a quest (or even end quest reward)? Or are these all super high level quests?

mws2970
04-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Yeah, the AH can be very over-priced. My +1 Flametouched GA dropped from a low level f2p quest. I don't recall which one, but I think the ML on it is 4 or maybe 6. Look on the AH for inexpensive items for what you want. They are out there, you just have to look for them. Buy them as close to the base value as you can. Also, check the weapons brokers in the Market and House D and see if they have anything.

Oh yeah....undead are weak to fire so you can use the starter flaming GA you got too if all else fails.

Kralgnax
04-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Delara's certainly has lots of undead, but no level 4 quest is going to drop any weapon with the holy effect on it - the ML would be too high.

Nicked (heavy) maces are a readily abailable one-hander (from Sharn Syndicate AP) - can't think of a maul (or even staff) that would be a good choice

You'll probably want a ghost touch weapon for the spectres, too - Catacombs AP end rewards (Daggers & Longswords) are the lowest level static rewards I can think of.

Otherwise it's the AH.

SaneDitto
04-14-2010, 03:50 PM
What server are you on? I think I have a holy rapier sitting around in Argonnessen that you might be able to use. It's no maul, but last time I checked it does full damage to ghostly skeletons.

EDIT: You might still want to try finding a big stick for the more corporeal ones, though.

TasteTester
04-15-2010, 07:26 AM
I'd think Catacombs end rewards were the best way to get weapons that would be useful in Delera's if you were tight on plat and couldn't afford the AH or House D broker.

Pillar of Light (http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Weapons/PillarofLight.jpg) is a pure good staff Catacombs end reward, and weildable by any class. Very nice early game skelly beater.

Blade of Inquisition (http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Weapons/BladeofInquisition.jpg) and Dagger of Inquisition (http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Weapons/DaggerofInquisition.jpg) are a ghost touched longsword and dagger for wraiths (and they're silver)

There's even a pair of ghost touched silver handwraps for monks, Eternal Rest (http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Unlimited/Items/Weapons/EternalRest.jpg).

Matuse
04-15-2010, 08:17 AM
You don't need a holy maul.

You could use a maul for the skeleton arcuses, and the skeletal mages.

You could use a flametouched iron or holy or pure good version of ANY weapon against the ghostly skeletons and hit them for full. It does not need to be blunt. Their DR is only /Good, not /Good+Blunt.

At any rate, there's no one place to find any weapons like that. They are randomly generated. Just do quests with large numbers of chests, to increase the raw amount of loot you get, and hope you get lucky.

Wyrmnax
04-15-2010, 10:14 AM
A maul will be expensive because its the best 2 handed blunt weapon avaliable.

You can usually find cheap Holy Greatclubs or Holy Quarterstaves. Both work well enough.

ArgentMage
04-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Delara's certainly has lots of undead, but no level 4 quest is going to drop any weapon with the holy effect on it - the ML would be too high.

I have a +1 Holy Greatsword (which I love, BTW even at 10th level), and it's ML:4,
so they definitely exist.

Granted, I got it off the AH, and I highly doubt that they drop from a level 4 quest,
but ML is not the issue here. I bought it for 2kp (20kg) when I was 5th level (it has
a posted value of 18kg). Watch the AH and the Deneith Broker...

Impaqt
04-15-2010, 08:08 PM
I have a +1 Holy Greatsword (which I love, BTW even at 10th level), and it's ML:4,
so they definitely exist.

Granted, I got it off the AH, and I highly doubt that they drop from a level 4 quest,
but ML is not the issue here. I bought it for 2kp (20kg) when I was 5th level (it has
a posted value of 18kg). Watch the AH and the Deneith Broker...

He didnt say the maul didnt exist. He said they dont drop from Level 4 quests... and hes right.....

Holy doesnt start appearing in the random loot tables till your running L6 or so quests and there are no Static/SemiStatic Holy Weapons from any of the low level chains/quests.

Pure Good you will see in L4 quests. and that works just like Holy agaisnt those skellies. as long as y our good aligned, thats what to look for lowboe wise.

Otherwise, Hit up the AH. Many folks dont try to bend people over for 50k for a +1 Holy Weapon. ou should be able to find something in the 10k Range. (And often lower)

Kyrn
04-15-2010, 08:20 PM
2 notes:

1) Ghostly skeletons don't have DR/blunt, so you really only need a blunt weapon and a good-aligned weapon.
2) Other than finding a holy weapon, a flametouched would also bypass the DR (though without the additional holy damage). You can find flametouched weapons as a potential end reward to waterworks (if I recall right, there will always be at least one weapon with a typed metal attribute).

ArgentMage
04-16-2010, 09:19 AM
He didnt say the maul didnt exist. He said they dont drop from Level 4 quests... and hes right.....

(sigh) Did you actually read what I quoted? He said that a holy weapon wouldn't
drop because the ML would be too high. I was making the observation that there
are, indeed, holy weapons that the OP could find that he could use at his level.
That's all...

Kralgnax
04-16-2010, 10:06 AM
(sigh) Did you actually read what I quoted? He said that a holy weapon wouldn't
drop because the ML would be too high. I was making the observation that there
are, indeed, holy weapons that the OP could find that he could use at his level.
That's all...

The OP's question was:

Does anyone know a low level quest (1-4 level) that drops a holy maul of some type?
To which the answer is clearly no, for the reasons above.

You are of course mildly misleading when you say:

....I highly doubt that they drop from a level 4 quest....
There's no doubt at all - they cannot drop in a level 1-4 quest unless perhaps you run it on elite, which would raise the loot table level to 6 - and even then they would be extremely rare, I'd think

Otherwise, all the points raised in the thread are sound - probably the OP, if he's strapped for cash - and if he's looking at quests 1-4, he's probably a low level main and pretty poor - should run catacombs and get some ghost touch weapons and the Pillar of light, plus perhaps Sharn for some Nicked weapons suitable to his class. My 2 cp worth, YMMV

Cheers,