PDA

View Full Version : While you are at it....

Oreg
04-13-2010, 08:07 PM
I hate to bring it up but since we seem to be on a roll......Can't we please have an option to turn off the advertising banners on the forum pages. I watch that "Transferring data from...." message go through 3-5 different ad companies every time I load a page. It slows down the page loading and is annoying as hell. Just show me the way to disable it. The new pop up ones like the Berry (sp?) ad are extremely annoying.

Failedlegend
04-13-2010, 09:14 PM
It's called Firefox w/ Noscript plugin my friend :)

Loki
04-13-2010, 11:30 PM
It's called Firefox w/ Noscript plugin my friend :)
Also, look up Adblock for whatever flavor of browser you're using. You'll still get the "Waiting for..." stuff, but it flies through because they're not getting loaded.

I noticed sites that use the ads to provide page layout and/or formatting (Penny Arcade, for one) look funny when you block the ads.

Kromize
04-14-2010, 02:37 AM
advertising banners

Ads, where? I don't see them... :confused: *notices red 'ABP' sign in top right corner of browser* :)

Failedlegend
04-14-2010, 08:03 AM
This is what I see where the Ad banner should be

Advertisement

Kilzoth_BlackBlade
04-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Interestingly enough I never knew there was ads on this site. Living in south america, the only ads that show up are ads for DDO itself. I suppose there is no partners down here so it continually loops the dragon or beholder banner ads.