PDA

View Full Version : Buffs in Potion Form

Rexmundis
04-13-2010, 07:55 PM
What are some good buffs that are relatively cheap and accessible? Especially AC boosting kind :D

TheDjinnFor
04-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Good buffing spells:

-Shield of Faith (+3), found in House D and House J (+3 deflection AC)
-Barkskin (+3), found in House D and House J (+3 natural armor AC)
-Haste, found in House D and House J (+1 AC and bonus to attack speed/movement)
-Rage, found in the marketplace (+4 str and +4 con)
-Heroism, found in the marketplace (+3 attack/skills/saves, iirc)

Other good stuff is:

-Resist Energy 20 from The Twelve for 7 minutes of resist 20
-lesser restoration pots for stat damage
-remove curse to get rid of curses
-remove poison for poisons
-remove blindness (or something) for blindness

Couple more things, I think, but I can't remember...

Angelus_dead
04-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Note that these kinds of potions are only "relatively cheap" for someone who has an established character of higher level.

That's actually a fairly significant balance mistake in DDO: power seep.

KillEveryone
04-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Good buffing spells:

-Rage, found in the marketplace (+4 str and +4 con)

+2 to str and con and -2 to AC. Bears(con) and Bulls(str) will give +4 but do not stack with items and don't take away from AC.

Rage will stack with items. If you don't yet have an item that is +4 or better then you can use a Bulls strength and a Bears endurance and rage will stack with these.

Rage will also stack with barbarian rage.

I think buffing pots can be a bit expensive unless you have an established high level character that has plat comming in. A bard can help reduce the costs quite a bit.

Haste pots only last for 30 seconds. Rage for 1 min and 30 seconds. Some other pots only last 3 min and others will last 7 min. Because the duration on a lot of pots is a bit short, my fighter chugs haste quite a bit if there is no one in the group that can cast haste and the same goes for rage, I think the cost for benefit is not very good. Personally I would make sure that resist, remove-disease,blindness,curse,poison(if no immunity items,) and cure pots are on hand before I worry about the other types of pots.

If you have extra to splurge after you have the basic necessities, then go for the more "luxury" items.

It is entirely possible to hit at least a 40 AC with gear and a good build before you have to start using buffs, and I'm fairly sure it is possible to hit 50 AC with just gear, but I don't have that gear yet so I don't have numbers and breakdown for past 40. If you cannot hit that AC with just your gear then the pots are going to be very expensive because you are going to be chugging them like a drunken lush.