PDA

View Full Version : Can you pull unique loot on "Casual"

Staffman
04-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Can you pull Unique loot on "casual" runs or do you need to be on some tougher quest difficulty?

Visty
04-13-2010, 12:24 PM
yes, but on a reduced drop rate

Anderei
04-13-2010, 12:25 PM
yes, but on a reduced drop rate

are you sure? while chest level is lower, named loot is usually not affected by difficulty.

Staffman
04-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Can you give me an idea of what chance or difference?

I would like to know if it is better to keep running a quest on solo, or should i beg for help?

Thanks

Visty
04-13-2010, 12:27 PM
are you sure? while chest level is lower, named loot is usually not affected by difficulty.

flagging items like the vale stones, or essences/shards from the inspire quarters, or refuge runes dont drop everytime on casual. thats fact

for named items, well, there you can have really proof, just that they do drop on casual. but as the other things drop reduced too its not hard to think that named items itself drop less too

Baahb3
04-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Unfortunately yes...:mad:

Lorien_the_First_One
04-13-2010, 12:31 PM

I would like to know if it is better to keep running a quest on solo, or should i beg for help?

Thanks

Turbine isn't big on giving us hard facts so we can't answer the first question.

As for the second, why "beg for help"? Put up an LFM in the grouping tab of the social panel and form a group. That's what its there for.

Staffman
04-13-2010, 12:40 PM
"more like 1 in a million..."
"So....you're saying I have a chance!!" (on casual)

"What's with all that one in a million talk?"

(Dumb and Dumber)

ArgentMage
04-13-2010, 02:19 PM

Thanks

If you can hack a dungeon on Solo/Casual, you can almost certainly hack it on
Normal if you bring along a hireling. The better loot rate almost certainly pays
for the hireling, you get higher EXP, and more favor.

Phidius
04-13-2010, 02:23 PM
flagging items like the vale stones, or essences/shards from the inspire quarters, or refuge runes dont drop everytime on casual. thats fact...

I've ransacked Prey on the Hunter multiple times on Casual, and have always gotten a Tempest rune, Toothpick, Essence, and a handful of Draconic runes every single time.

I ran SoS twice on Casual - got a Sovereign rune the first time, didn't the second.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm agreeing with you in a totally unusual way :D

Impatiens
04-13-2010, 02:27 PM
I pulled the Royal Guard mask from Ghola-Fan on casual just running it for flagging, so yes, you can. If you are farming for items though, casual definitely is not the way to go as the chance for things to drop is lower. How much lower is up for debate.

Tempest runes do drop every time on casual from Prey on the Hunter, I can't say the same for Eldie runes and Monastery, at least not from the second chest. I haven't run that as many times to test though.

Crazyfruit
04-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Tempest runes do drop every time on casual from Prey on the Hunter, I can't say the same for Eldie runes and Monastery, at least not from the second chest. I haven't run that as many times to test though.

*nod*

I've only got it sometimes from the second monastery chest on casual. Always in the main one though.

Anderei
04-13-2010, 03:32 PM
for named items, well, there you can have really proof, just that they do drop on casual. but as the other things drop reduced too its not hard to think that named items itself drop less too

Well its not hard to think, but that doesnt make it true, a well known fact is that chest level for random loot does vary from normal to epic. BUT the named lot will have an equally chance on any of these levels. So its not hard to think that casual is in any way different.