PDA

View Full Version : Guild for Newbs in Group Play

Cam_Neely
04-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Hum no longer a virgin DDO Poster :)

I come from another MMO where the group play has very defined roles, and if you go outside your roll, you will kill people, hopefully just yourself, but more likely a healer or mage. For that reason I was tentative to try out group play, as I dont like screwing up. I've only done one, and it was with some higher levels just doing it 'for favor' so I asked what I should be doing and was told 'dont die'.

Ive look around the forum and dont see a good beginner group guide, could you more experienced players maybe write a short (2-3 Paragraphs) about the different rolls you play, and what each player can be expected to do at the lower levels? IE Healer, DPS, Tank, CC, Buffer, ect? I can compile them all here. Or if I missed a current guide please supply the link.

Thanks
Lv3 Barb
*EDIT* question added here. It seems from guilds that Healers are not so much healers, as weak dders that heal every now and then, and tanks are not always required, so is it that most of the time its all just DPS?

tihocan
04-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Although I guess a lot of helpful tips could be shared, I'd say it's much easier to just learn "on the fly". It's not as bad as you may fear. To make it easy to start, just join groups running quests you have already run solo, so that you know what to expect and are confident it's not going to be too hard.