PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News "Hound done with no bard"!

Aussieee
04-13-2010, 05:39 AM
You have heard it 1st here on Khyber!!!! Hound was done with no bard :eek:

We had 5 clerics and 1 of them was the main tank :eek: Everybody P A N I C we going to wipe :p

Alright all jokes aside, try to experiment a bit more with your groups. It can be done without a bard or without a caster. You don't need to go crazy and leave after you been in a group and think the sky is gonna fall cause one of those classes is missing.

I think one of the things that irritate me in game the most is somebody being in group and dropping for no apparent reason. Any group can work you just need to work together and you might actually find yourself having more fun. Stop taking space if the thing you gonna do is whine that it should not be done this way and leave.

Beherit_Baphomar
04-13-2010, 05:44 AM
Yeah. Ok.

And I suppose next you'll tell us there was lag even after Fernando told us it's been fixed with DA.

-1 to you OP, -1 to you.

Aussieee
04-13-2010, 05:48 AM
Yeah. Ok.

And I suppose next you'll tell us there was lag even after Fernando told us it's been fixed with DA.

-1 to you OP, -1 to you.
You should squelch me like the person that dropped group :p

Get back to your server ;)

P A N I C

Beherit_Baphomar
04-13-2010, 06:18 AM
Argo dramas being deleted too fast. Ama stay right here tyvm.

No bard indeed. Pfft!

phalaeo
04-13-2010, 06:30 AM
Bah, we did it on Argo just last week.
You guys are lamesauce. :p

Slink
04-13-2010, 06:40 AM
And after all the spam/update lfm now we have to deal with spam/update forum too?

Turbine we need new content, Aussie is getting bored again.

petegunn
04-13-2010, 06:42 AM
I was going to post in here until I saw Aussie order the behper back to his own server, oops *hand covers mouth* before I go heres the obligatory screeny or it nae happened

Schmoe
04-13-2010, 08:18 AM
I almost joined that group. But then I thought, "no bard? Must be a bunch of clueless newbs."

Nexx
04-13-2010, 08:46 AM
Been in many groups for Hound without Bards. This is nothing new ;)

Emili
04-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Been in many groups for Hound without Bards. This is nothing new ;)
No not new... knows that as does everyone else 'cept the bard who skipped the gig... ;)

Nothing but sarcasm as a bard who was in group had some emotional issues with cleric phobia "FIVE CLERICS!" hmmm... wonder what his problem be with the clergy? Then demanded an arcane (sorc/wiz). I suppose felt lonely without someone in a robe to play mommy for him?... done threw himself on the floor in a tantrum then dropped while sending the star tells of eminent doom without his lute to cheer the beasts... some quite insulting.

Strange he sounded twenty some years older than four then again some people age differently... Bloody quite funny shall you ask me. ;)

... Goes to show... you may pick a muscian for a party yet actually get a clown, pin the tail on the jack-a ... umm I mean puppy anyone?

MeliCat
04-13-2010, 09:57 AM
OOOH AWESOME!

My bard hates having to do those controller stone thingies... I try to pass it off to anyone else... so terrified I'll get it wrong.

Can my bard Hound with you in future? :)

Sythinator
04-13-2010, 09:59 AM
I've done it many times with no bard :P

rest
04-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Next up: all bard hound!

Belwaar
04-13-2010, 10:57 AM
:p:p:p

I did this yesterday after I cleric'd your VoD run...and we took a bunch of n00b$ and a healer and a half (the other guy didn't heal much)...it was...interesting, but it worked out :)

vindicater
04-13-2010, 11:34 AM
No not new... knows that as does everyone else 'cept the bard who skipped the gig... ;)

Nothing but sarcasm as a bard who was in group had some emotional issues with cleric phobia "FIVE CLERICS!" hmmm... wonder what his problem be with the clergy? Then demanded an arcane (sorc/wiz). I suppose felt lonely without someone in a robe to play mommy for him?... done threw himself on the floor in a tantrum then dropped while sending the star tells of eminent doom without his lute to cheer the beasts... some quite insulting.

Strange he sounded twenty some years older than four then again some people age differently... Bloody quite funny shall you ask me. ;)

... Goes to show... you may pick a muscian for a party yet actually get a clown, pin the tail on the jack-a ... umm I mean puppy anyone?

Often wondered why someone would join your group and then tells you who you need to finish the group. I have yet to see a failure when this happened. I especily like the ones that are the last to join and tell you this quest cant be completed with this group those are the special ones.

Eurytos
04-13-2010, 11:52 AM
No bard.. but 5 clerics? Such a noob Aussie... Such a noob...

Bloodhaven
04-13-2010, 11:55 AM
SS or it did not happen!

maddmatt70
04-13-2010, 12:20 PM
It sucks doing the Hound without a Bard because it basically turns a normal run into an elite run due to the time increase.

Maldavenous
04-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Ever since this raid launched my general rule was 3 clerics or 2 cleric 1 bard. This was back at level 16 cap, often the clerics or the bards would be in the 13-15 range. I've never failed a run that I was leading.

It's kind of sad, but I think some people believe this is a hard raid.

Daggaz
04-13-2010, 01:38 PM
I think this whole thing begs the question;

How did you get all those clerics to heal the rest of the group with no bard to lull them into submission???

apacheizm23
04-13-2010, 01:41 PM
lol Aussie. I always have said what was the big deal if we ran without a Bard. But then realized that the Casters/Clerics in some of these runs Ummm were insufficient.

Aussieee
04-13-2010, 02:53 PM
It sucks doing the Hound without a Bard because it basically turns a normal run into an elite run due to the time increase.
Lets see a bard vs no bard run. Hound takes 5-7 min with bard. 6-10 min with no bard. Must be a real deal breaker :p Waiting for bard from 10-25 min :p I guess I will take the next person to click on lfm if we aren't too far in already ;)

Aussieee
04-13-2010, 03:14 PM
And after all the spam/update lfm now we have to deal with spam/update forum too?

Turbine we need new content, Aussie is getting bored again.
No my dear, I am not bored. Just trying to keep people updated, as I see you do have interest :p

Lagin
04-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Release the Hounds!!!!

Ive done many hounds w/o a bard!
And 1 w/o a caster, (fog clickies are great! arent they?)

Your right about party make-up & team work!

maddmatt70
04-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Lets see a bard vs no bard run. Hound takes 5-7 min with bard. 6-10 min with no bard. Must be a real deal breaker :p Waiting for bard from 10-25 min :p I guess I will take the next person to click on lfm if we aren't too far in already ;)

I hate the hound so I would not wait for a hound lfm or have an lfm up longer then is necssary at all so do not put words in my mouth silly lady.

phalaeo
04-14-2010, 06:36 PM
next Up: All Bard Hound!

Lol

Twerpp
04-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Its easier with no bards, you don't want uberbuffed doggies causing DPS lag the servers can't handle it!

kaelis
04-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Bah, we did it on Argo just last week.
You guys are lamesauce. :p

Been doing it on argo since it came out, what rock you hiding under? :eek:

Shade
04-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Let me get this right.

Are you saying a group of mostly level20s actaully completing the hound on normal difficulty?
Surely it's a trick.

Most lvl20s realise hound normal doesn't even drop +3 tomes, so they wouldn't want a 3 day timer with no shot at them.

They got tricked good. Really good :)

vindicater
04-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Let me get this right.

Are you saying a group of mostly level20s actaully completing the hound on normal difficulty?
Surely it's a trick.

Most lvl20s realise hound normal doesn't even drop +3 tomes, so they wouldn't want a 3 day timer with no shot at them.

They got tricked good. Really good :)

Remember they did not have a bard and you know how critical that is to sucsess.

drobbins
04-16-2010, 09:55 AM
I have to say, one of the funnest (and smoothest) hound runs I ever did was a 10 man run, with 6 rogues (maybe 7 - I can't remember for certain); OK, not all were pure rogues, a few were 18 splash, and I think a monk had 4 rogue levels; but still ... (to be honest since I'm a big rogue fan I'd rather just say "6 rogues!"). We did have a bard if I'm not mistaken ... hell, I don't remember, all I remember is the 6 little rogue symbols in the party lineup.

Ergh, I guess I'm just agreeing with enthusiasm of the OP for taking diverse groups .... it can be really fun. Of course, it helps if everyone in the party is not an idiot ... but even then ... :)

You have heard it 1st here on Khyber!!!! Hound was done with no bard :eek:

We had 5 clerics and 1 of them was the main tank :eek: Everybody P A N I C we going to wipe :p

Alright all jokes aside, try to experiment a bit more with your groups. It can be done without a bard or without a caster. You don't need to go crazy and leave after you been in a group and think the sky is gonna fall cause one of those classes is missing.

I think one of the things that irritate me in game the most is somebody being in group and dropping for no apparent reason. Any group can work you just need to work together and you might actually find yourself having more fun. Stop taking space if the thing you gonna do is whine that it should not be done this way and leave.

Trunk-Monkey
04-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Hound is lame and needs to be redone. EPIC HOUND! lets give that dog some real teeth.

SaisMatters
04-16-2010, 10:20 AM
About two weeks ago I lead a hound, didn't want to wait for a bard so I just filled with what ever came along. Had three healers and two casters. Had a Rogue in the group drop party and sent me tell and told me I was insane to run it without a bard and he wasn't going to waste his time on what he percieved as a guarantee fail.

I sent him a tell telling him I had ran the quest a few hundred times, many without a bard, so it was indeed possible. Low and behold, we completed, easily. AND ,four named items dropped and +2 tome out of the side chests also dropped. His loss!

Wyrmnax
04-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Ever since this raid launched my general rule was 3 clerics or 2 cleric 1 bard. This was back at level 16 cap, often the clerics or the bards would be in the 13-15 range. I've never failed a run that I was leading.

It's kind of sad, but I think some people believe this is a hard raid.

Hound is absurdly hard.

You need people to follow instructions. That alone makes this the hardest raid in the game to PUG.

Aussieee
04-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Hound is absurdly hard.

You need people to follow instructions. That alone makes this the hardest raid in the game to PUG.
I will have to say crazy hard :p