PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a stealthy static group?

Calebro
04-12-2010, 06:31 AM
I've recently found myself becoming less interested. It's no surprise as my ADD kicks in once in a while, but I thought a slight change of pace might be in order. So I was thinking of starting a stealth based static group.

Previously when I'd get slightly bored I'd hop servers to play PD, but with the speed with which similarly leveled PD toons either die or out-level each other, I'm not sure this will cut it. It can hardly be a static group for long when characters die and need their slot filled by a different toon repeatedly.

I don't care much which server we play on as I've leveled toons on them all.
Any interest for something like this?

Talon_Moonshadow
04-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Yes. But I have trouble with a totally static group. Life is too chaotic at times to always play on a schedule.

But I am interested.

I have chars on all servers and most are stealthy. Only high lvls on Thelanis and Argo though.

Calebro
04-13-2010, 05:28 PM
I'll give it another week or so and see if there's any interest as I was looking for maybe 4 people or so.
My original thought was to start from level 1 and do as many quests as possible by stealth. I guess I should have mentioned that. :o

If there's not enough interest for that then I'd still be up for a stealthy pseudo-duo Talon.

Talon_Moonshadow
04-13-2010, 05:45 PM
I'll give it another week or so and see if there's any interest as I was looking for maybe 4 people or so.
My original thought was to start from level 1 and do as many quests as possible by stealth. I guess I should have mentioned that. :o

If there's not enough interest for that then I'd still be up for a stealthy pseudo-duo Talon.

Almost all of the Korthos Island quests require you to kill over half the dungeon. :(

Harbor quests are more supportive of stealth though.

But even if the quest requires you to kill things there are still ways to use it in many quests Redemtion for instance can be done without agroing any Iron Defenders. But you still have to fight the Sahuagen at the end. (and protect the guy)

Oh, I have Vet status and usually prefer to create lvl 4 chars, but if you wish I could start a lvl 1.

Calebro
04-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Almost all of the Korthos Island quests require you to kill over half the dungeon. :(

Oh, I have Vet status and usually prefer to create lvl 4 chars, but if you wish I could start a lvl 1.

That's why I said "as many as possible"
Vet start is fine as well, and it actually bypasses a lot of that stuff anyway.
Depending on the server, I may or may not have any decent twinkage.
All my best twink would come from Kyber, some from Thelanis, not much from other servers as most of my toons form others were healers/casters.

The only server I don't have vet status on is Orien.

Calebro
04-18-2010, 07:36 PM
So, anyone feel like joining Talon and I?

If not, how does Khyber sound Talon? I was thinking of a variation of Valiance's cleric/monk/rogue spec'ed for a little more stealth for myself. I could get him to 6 or 7 in no time flat if you wanted to bypass some of the more boring stuff.

Talon_Moonshadow
04-18-2010, 08:25 PM
So, anyone feel like joining Talon and I?

If not, how does Khyber sound Talon? I was thinking of a variation of Valiance's cleric/monk/rogue spec'ed for a little more stealth for myself. I could get him to 6 or 7 in no time flat if you wanted to bypass some of the more boring stuff.

PM sent. :)

parvo
04-19-2010, 06:36 AM
What day(s)/time(s) are you attempting?

Calebro
04-19-2010, 06:51 AM
What day(s)/time(s) are you attempting?

That's still up in the air, being worked out at the moment behind the scenes.
It looks like we'll be going over to Thelanis, as Talon is from there and someone else who was interested is as well (I just got a pm a moment ago).

The only thing I can say at the moment is that it looks as though Monday and Thursday are out. Beyond that I'm extremely flexible as I make my own schedule.

Talon_Moonshadow
04-19-2010, 07:21 AM
Well, if you do Thelanis, I'm on there most afternoons/evenings right now. EST

All my chars are in the "Knights of the Shadows" guild. (accept no imitations. ;) )

I do have one active guildy right now. I think I've enlightened him to the power of stealth, (he seemed to enjoy destroying portals with devils standing right next to them in Amrath. :D ) so maybe he would be interested too.

You can look in the "who" panel and sort by guilds, send a tell to make sure it's actually me...

parvo
04-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Assuming evenings, how many per week? I could go two. Wednesday and Sunday. Thel is my old server from Sublime. Not sure if I have vet status or not. Not that it matters much, I suppose I could get level four in one or two sessions. Let me know what you're thinking.

Talon_Moonshadow
04-19-2010, 06:52 PM
My guildy says he's interested too.

Do you guys have Vet status? or should I make a lvl 1?

adamr09
04-19-2010, 07:03 PM
sure id b interested. have a lot of experience in stealth characters and tactics. let me know server/day/times

Talon_Moonshadow
04-19-2010, 07:19 PM
sure id b interested. have a lot of experience in stealth characters and tactics. let me know server/day/times

I think we've decided on Thelanis?!

Start Wednesday evening?

??? :)

Calebro
04-19-2010, 10:21 PM
A lot of interest has sprung up for this over the past 24 hours, as opposed to the week it sat basically silent. I'll run off a list of those that have stated interest, in the order of said interest being stated, and we'll see what we can come up with for a timetable.

Calebro* - any time can work, flexible
Talon_Moonshadow* - suggests Wednesday
Blairgowrie* - Not Monday or Thursday, Wednesday 8:30 EST suggested, some Sundays possible
parvo - suggests Wednesday and/or Sunday
Talon's unnamed guildy - <no input yet>
adamr09 - <no input yet>

So right now it looks as if Wednesdays on Thelanis is the front-runner.

Is everyone OK with vet status? If not, I'm sure we could pound out a few levels with a newbie toon in no time flat. Vet status available (if I'm aware of it) is noted with an * next to names above.

adamr09
04-19-2010, 10:40 PM
dont think i hav vet on thelanis but i can get up 4 in no time :) i can probly do wednesdays but it depends on the time. im free practically any time on the weekend and during the week is a bit random. what time on weds?

Calebro
04-19-2010, 10:55 PM
dont think i hav vet on thelanis but i can get up 4 in no time :) i can probly do wednesdays but it depends on the time. im free practically any time on the weekend and during the week is a bit random. what time on weds?

Afternoons/Evenings EST or CST seem to be the preferred time so far. How about we sound off on what times would work as well.

parvo
04-19-2010, 11:57 PM
Do you want to coordinate character classes or just wing it? I'm good either way. I'm comfortable with any class (up to mid levels). Are we going to do only quests we might sneak through or will there be times we pick a fight? Let me know what you're thinking and I'll get ready...

I just checked. I have vet status on Thelanis. I'll vet up a character. I can reasonably start at 8:00 PM central. Let me know if that works.

Calebro
04-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Do you want to coordinate character classes or just wing it? I'm good either way. I'm comfortable with any class (up to mid levels).
I'd say just wing it. From the looks of the people interested, I'm not worried about too much.

Are we going to do only quests we might sneak through or will there be times we pick a fight? Let me know what you're thinking and I'll get ready...

Honestly, I'd like to see just how much of the game is able to be stealthed by a group, rather than just a soloist or duo. I'm happy that we have some interest today. ;)
Obviously there will be fights, and probably quite a few of them with the whole group trying to sneak. All it'll take is one of us to time something wrong and BAM we're fighting. More people = less room for error. I think this is going to be fun!

Talon_Moonshadow
04-20-2010, 05:49 AM
I'd say just wing it. From the looks of the people interested, I'm not worried about too much.

Honestly, I'd like to see just how much of the game is able to be stealthed by a group, rather than just a soloist or duo. I'm happy that we have some interest today. ;)
Obviously there will be fights, and probably quite a few of them with the whole group trying to sneak. All it'll take is one of us to time something wrong and BAM we're fighting. More people = less room for error. I think this is going to be fun!

I don't think we need any special class combo.

Yeah, MrCow had done a full group of stealthers before, and from what I gathered it was real difficult to get six people to successfully sneak by things without someone getting seen.

I've two manned a lot and even then it was more difficult than getting by stuff alone.

Low level stuff should be fairly easy IMO. That is, if we get agro, we should be able to handle it.

I rolled up an evasive Wizard Wiz2/Mnk 2 (planning Wiz18/Mnk2). I really enjoy the Shadowmage approach, and this one is a concept I've been thinking about for a litle while.

Anyway, I've wanted to do this for a long time. Sounds fun.

Yes, we will have to decide how to handle agro that we get. I usually try to drag what insists on following me to a quiet corner of the dungeon and dispatching it out of sight of it's friends.

I've also seen different people having different ideas. Some kill more than others. Assassins like to assasinate for instance. I enjoy playing dirty tricks on monsters.
it's all good with me actually.

Here's a couple of my greater stealthy achievements for those who care. ;)

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=216779

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=222117

gott_ist_tot
04-20-2010, 06:32 AM
I really enjoy the Shadowmage approach, and this one is a concept I've been thinking about for a litle while.

Shadowmages are an amazing idea. If the group was a full warforged setup, It'd be my dreamteam.
On top of stealthing, your healers cast stonesking, displacement, haste and walls of fire. How amazing is that.

Calebro
04-20-2010, 02:49 PM
I don't think we need any special class combo.
Neither do I, but with more people I'm pretty sure we'll end up with all of our bases covered anyway.
Yeah, MrCow had done a full group of stealthers before, and from what I gathered it was real difficult to get six people to successfully sneak by things without someone getting seen.
That's kind of what I expected, so when we do actually finish a quest by stealth it'll feel like an accomplishment.
I've two manned a lot and even then it was more difficult than getting by stuff alone.

Low level stuff should be fairly easy IMO. That is, if we get agro, we should be able to handle it.

I rolled up an evasive Wizard Wiz2/Mnk 2 (planning Wiz18/Mnk2). I really enjoy the Shadowmage approach, and this one is a concept I've been thinking about for a litle while.

Anyway, I've wanted to do this for a long time. Sounds fun.

Yes, we will have to decide how to handle agro that we get. I usually try to drag what insists on following me to a quiet corner of the dungeon and dispatching it out of sight of it's friends.
We have at least 3 players with PD experience, and at least 3 with plenty of stealth experience. We should be able to handle any agro, and any pulling (as needed) shouldn't be a problem either.
I've also seen different people having different ideas. Some kill more than others. Assassins like to assasinate for instance. I enjoy playing dirty tricks on monsters.
it's all good with me actually.
I'm less concerned with stealthing everything, and more concerned with a having a group whose not OPPOSED to it. I'm sure we'll come up with plenty of dirty tricks along the way. ;)
Here's a couple of my greater stealthy achievements for those who care. ;)

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=216779

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=222117
In orange

parvo
04-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Okies. I'll be on Thelanis Wednesday evening at 8:00 pm central US time (GMT -6 I think). If that doesn't work, let me know. Character name: Tipto. Looking forward to it.

By the way, don't expect me to know how to play this game "normally". I have a lot to learn. I haven't used brokers, magic vendors or auction house in three years. I haven't used the DDO store for anything except hair dye. And I'm defenitely not up to speed on "normal" character building. In fact, I have a question. At what level should I reasonable expect to attain and use +1 and +2 int tomes? I'd like to build my character with that in mind...

Calebro
04-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Look at Parvo getting all into it. :)
+1 tomes can be used at lvl3, +2 at lvl7, but don't expect to have the cash to buy them on AH at those points. If you don't have any in the bank your only real option is to buy them from the DDOstore.... or get a lucky drop, which won't happen until you're of level to use the next higher one anyway.

Basically, don't count on them unless you have another toon funding this, which you don't. So if you want them, you'll be purchasing from the DDOstore (same as me if I decide I want some).

And no worries on gear and stuff. All I'll have is a few old heirloom items, so we'll be on the same footing there. ;)

Oh, and I'll be logged in as Calebrus. I made him earlier.
I'll probably be on either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon running Korthos to elite, just because I like to get the 4th inventory tab as fast as possible, in case anyone wants to join. Just not sure when.

Talon_Moonshadow
04-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Okies. I'll be on Thelanis Wednesday evening at 8:00 pm central US time (GMT -6 I think). If that doesn't work, let me know. Character name: Tipto. Looking forward to it.

By the way, don't expect me to know how to play this game "normally". I have a lot to learn. I haven't used brokers, magic vendors or auction house in three years. I haven't used the DDO store for anything except hair dye. And I'm defenitely not up to speed on "normal" character building. In fact, I have a question. At what level should I reasonable expect to attain and use +1 and +2 int tomes? I'd like to build my character with that in mind...

For some reason, I just find all of that funny. ;)

The time's ok. That's 9pm EST if I'm doing my math right. A little later than I wanted to start, but that's ok.

I'll be on earlier though. I'll look for Calebro.

adamr09
04-20-2010, 10:08 PM
hmm. on weds i dont normally get home until around 7 PST (thats 10 EST right?). so ill have to pop in a little after you guys start. hope thats ok :/

but is sometime during the weekend completely ruled out? :P i can change around my schedule on those day

Calebro
04-21-2010, 04:17 AM
hmm. on weds i dont normally get home until around 7 PST (thats 10 EST right?). so ill have to pop in a little after you guys start. hope thats ok :/

but is sometime during the weekend completely ruled out? :P i can change around my schedule on those day

I don't mind anyone showing up late. I'm easy to please.
As far as the weekend goes, I guess that's a possibility. Sunday looks to already be favored for some. Let's just see how it goes.

edit:
And while running Korthos earlier I was boning up on my skills where it was possible.
--Sacrifices hard = Insidius Cuning Bonus 0 kills.
--Sac elite had her down by the mage, so I had to kill a few fish-faces to open the gate. 5 kills :(
--Misery's Peak hard = 57 kills. I had to kill a few spiders (I HATE those things ;) ) and I forgot to grab a ranged weapon, so I had to fight inside the second lever room because I couldn't turn attention. They were facing the lever. I felt like a noob with no ranged weapon. ;) Beyond that I didn't kill anything that wasn't absolutely necessary. The ramp full of archers and acolytes was particularly fun. Didn't draw agro from a single person on it. :D

Blairgowrie
04-21-2010, 06:33 AM
oi oi All:

Caught up with Cal last night as he was running Korthos and I was creating Vapourizer, level 4 WF wizard. Yeah, I know, I took the easy route, but I have wanted to try a stealthy wiz since I first viewed Ghostes' videos. It has been kind of hard to do in PD land since you are typically a "jack of all trades" so decided to bust it out in this group.

With respect to Sunday, I cannot commit entirely to it, but should be able to get perhaps a couple of hours here and there in.

Cheers and look forward to grouping with you all tonight!!

Blair

Talon_Moonshadow
04-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Online now with Gladeshadow.

Added Calbrus and Vapourizer to my friends list.

I'm expecting company soon though. Which will tie me up for a couple hours I think.

But most of you said you'd be on later in the evening anyway.

Calebro
04-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Online now with Gladeshadow.

Added Calbrus and Vapourizer to my friends list.

Don't forget Tipto :)
Those are the only names I have so far. I'll be on in an hour or two.

Talon_Moonshadow
04-21-2010, 07:08 PM
still have company...will try to be on soon.

Calebro
04-21-2010, 10:37 PM
OK, so our first session was like a Wiz with an 8 Con standing in a meteor storm.
Down in flames. :D

As most of the interest for this came at the last minute, we lacked organization. The first few sessions (and maybe beyond) will be about learning ourselves as a group. And what did we learn today class?
We learned that Dungeon Scaling almost definitely affects mobs' listen and spot checks.
I think quite a bit of our issues will solve themselves as we get a few more levels, and thus a few more ranks, and better gear becomes available.
I think the rest of our issues will dissolve as we learn what each of our strengths are, and begin to strategize a bit rather than just sneaking through the quests.
Very few quests will amicably lend themselves to what we're trying to do, so we need to figure out what to do about those as well.

So what we need is direction. What are our goals? What do we expect to accomplish? Are we going to try to not kill anything at all, even if we get spotted? Should we attempt to stay together, or should we split up a bit more.

This is a very different dynamic from a solo stealth experience, and we need to account for that and treat it as such. Again, I think this will become easier after we learn each others' styles a bit more.

So what I'd like to see here is any ideas anyone may have for Sunday (and suggestions on what time) as for what we think our goals should be for different types of quests.

parvo
04-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Hah! Thanks for introducing me to Red Dungeon alert :p I think I've seen yellow before, but can't ever remember red. Funny stuff. :D Irony...

I agree we could use some direction. I, for one, didn't really know what to do once we got agro. Kill it? Run? Hypno it? Lock it away? For this group, It doesn't matter to me so much what the direction is, so long as we come to some consensus on what we are going to do. The evening proved this requires a fair bit of coordination.

It was a fun session. I look forward to learning more as we go. As for Sunday, I'll try to conforrm to the groups time best I can.

Calebro
04-21-2010, 11:39 PM
That was pretty funny.

We're all invisible, sneaking through, just spent $ on a little gear.... How the heck are we at RED?!?
Hilarious!

MrCow
04-22-2010, 12:53 AM
I bet things will get smoother once the group gets on the same page. I know when I hosted stealth groups (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=146944) two years ago it was always a big blunder (in that we were detected often) when someone new came along. It just takes time.

We learned that Dungeon Scaling almost definitely affects mobs' listen and spot checks.

Monster skills are static (can't change). This has been a long-term issue with how DDO performs calculations on monster skills since DDO started. However, monsters do see through invisibility at dungeon alert Red.

Calebro
04-22-2010, 02:52 AM
I bet things will get smoother once the group gets on the same page. I know when I hosted stealth groups (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=146944) two years ago it was always a big blunder (in that we were detected often) when someone new came along. It just takes time.Hey, thanks for the link.
It looks like you guys were having some of the same issues we were having on your first night. This gives me hope, and somewhat confirms my thoughts that it will just take some time for us to learn each others' play a bit.

Monster skills are static (can't change). This has been a long-term issue with how DDO performs calculations on monster skills since DDO started. However, monsters do see through invisibility at dungeon alert Red.
Man, it sure SEEMED like they were more attentive!
That DA-red still has me laughing.... Stealth group = DA-red! PRICELESS! :D

We'll come together a bit more on Sunday, I'm sure.
Sometime in the afternoon guys? What time is good for everyone?

Talon_Moonshadow
04-22-2010, 05:39 AM
I bet things will get smoother once the group gets on the same page. I know when I hosted stealth groups (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=146944) two years ago it was always a big blunder (in that we were detected often) when someone new came along. It just takes time.

They change from Normal/Hard/Elite though....right?

We ran almost everything on hard last night...with our lvl 4s.

I had a blast!

Some of us need better gear I think. DDO store has a hood that gives +5 Hide/MS and it pretty cheap. Potions of Heroism would help. I think potions of Cat's Grace can be bought too.

One thing I saw was a tendancy to try to keep up with the guy in front...which I think is a mistake.
I'm sure we all know how to solo this, so maybe we should hang back and give some more distance between ourselves when we move.

How to handle agro?..... hmm... That is the biggie.
Saw some weird things last night. It seemed I could get rid of agro from certain Kobolds, but if I came back in range of them....even Invis and stealthed...as soon as I came back in their range, I saw them agro on me agian and start their sonar attack the air search thing. They were not doing it when I was down the hall. They were just sitting there. Then all of a sudden they started looking for me again when I got close to them.....strange.

Does DA affect Spot/Listen? I snuck by some sleeping Kobolds, climbed a ladder....came back down...then all of a sudden they woke up! And I thought they were even walking toward me. I climbed another ladder, than came back down. And snuck right by the whole group of them. My Hide/MS score didn't change..... what was that?!

I need to memorise Charm Person next time. There's certain circumstances that I can use that to lose agro. But usually only on a single target. Hypno stops them, but does not lose agro. Although getting far enough away does. I think Invis lowers the distance needed.....but then there is that thing I saw with them regaining agro when I come back near them...strange.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun.

Calebro
04-22-2010, 06:07 AM
Yeah, I had a lot of fun too. And I agree that we should slow down.
We all seem to have plenty of skill in sneaking around, we just can't seem to do it as a group.

I've been mulling it over, and I think we should pick a quest for Sunday and just repeat it until we start to work as a team. Or at least until we start to understand each others' styles a bit. Since we're already into WW, maybe we could focus on part 4, repeating it and never "finding" Venn until we start to mesh a bit. Thoughts?

As far as gear goes, I was considering looking on AH for something to *lower* my MS a bit when needed. Kind of like Armor of Command (?) lowers Hide. But I can't seem to think of anything that would do that (other than a Chattering Ring, and we're not getting one of those anytime soon).

I'm going to play with Command and Cause Fear and see if they draw aggro or just start a search pattern, so I have some way to pull individual mobs if needed.

Talon_Moonshadow
04-22-2010, 06:23 AM
Other things.

I had a hard time seeing another party member who was Invis and hiding in a ocrner somewhere....several times I dragged something searching for me, right back into a party member....oops. Sry about that.

I spawned Kobolds behind me who appeared right on top of people....ooops. :o
Really have to think about what will happen and how it will affect someone else.

I tend to take risks....both to show off and to see what I can get away with....backfires a lot. Trying to see if I can get a chest open without being seen. Walking Invis to let them hear me....and walked right into someone else in the group....oops.

It's obvious we all know what we are doing. And that we could handle Hard easily. But some of us kept getting heard for some reason....lack of gear I think. Maybe not enough Dex on the build....not sure.

really funny that a group of stealthy Invised people caused red alerts! lol..wow.
Probably need to take action to calm down the DA thing. But a lot of it seemed to be when we had lost agro, but then went back within range and they reagroed on us... I had never seen that before.

If we want to throw money at the problem, I've certainly got enough to suport us at low lvls. Thelanis is my home server. I'm not as rich as some people but a few thousand plat is nothing for me on Thelanis.
Pots, scrolls, low lvl items....I can easily afford those for anyone who needs them.

Calebro
04-22-2010, 06:27 AM
I decided earlier that I'm going to spend the next few days power-leveling a toon on Thel so that I have some extra cash to throw around. Parvo and/or Blair may need a little helping hand. I'm not sure if either of them would be comfortable power-leveling like I'll do to fund it.

Talon_Moonshadow
04-22-2010, 06:32 AM
Yeah, I had a lot of fun too. And I agree that we should slow down.
We all seem to have plenty of skill in sneaking around, we just can't seem to do it as a group.

I've been mulling it over, and I think we should pick a quest for Sunday and just repeat it until we start to work as a team. Or at least until we start to understand each others' styles a bit. Since we're already into WW, maybe we could focus on part 4, repeating it and never "finding" Venn until we start to mesh a bit. Thoughts?

As far as gear goes, I was considering looking on AH for something to *lower* my MS a bit when needed. Kind of like Armor of Command (?) lowers Hide. But I can't seem to think of anything that would do that (other than a Chattering Ring, and we're not getting one of those anytime soon).

I'm going to play with Command and Cause Fear and see if they draw aggro or just start a search pattern, so I have some way to pull individual mobs if needed.

If you are invisible, you could switch to heavy armor....when you finish switching you will stand up I think. Keep a robe in a quick slot to switch back to. It take no time at all to switch to the robe. And you can even do that while in sneak mode. But putting on armor drops you out of sneak mode I think..

Some of us may be wearing starter leather armor...which I think has a small armor check penalty. Maybe contributing to getting heard.

Here's some information about spells and agro from this thread: http://forums.ddo.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2504086

To expand a little on the spell aggro:

Fear causes aggro, independently of other spell mechanics. Critters that are immune to a specific fear effect (HD caps) will not aggro.
Any single targeted, non ray spell now causes aggro. No more cursing/blinding/etcing something from a distance with utter safety.
Cone spells do not cause aggro. The fear spell does cause aggro, because it cuases fear.
Ray spells cause a "look around" behavior
Ring spells make a "noise" - they look around and move towards the epicenter.
Persistent, non damaging AoEs cause aggro, although this is not a change afaik.
AoE positionable, non ring spells do not cause aggro. This is the non-damaging symbols, scare, mass holds, & mass suggestion.

Mass charm is a special case - it is an AoE, but it is not positionable, it must be targeted at something. It behaves as a single target spell that happens to have an area effect around the target.

The "look around" behavior appears to cause a 360 degree sweep of surroundings, so casting anything that causes it from close range will get you spotted. Using corner casting or the enlarge metamagic, you can bypass that, but you don't always have a corner to hide behind or distances to vanish into.

Most of the non-damaging aggro spells appear to cause a "shout" from your target - he'll scream, and his buddies will look around. If you're close (and I suspect the "look around" behavior includes a perception distance boost, so the player sense of closeness may be off) they'll spot you and the whole pile comes to visit. If not, the offended party comes at you, and sometimes "drags" another mob or two with him for a short distance, although they decide he's seeing things pretty quickly. Again, in close quarters you're going to end up with everything deciding you're a target. Contrasted to an actual injury, where your target's friends will follow him for much much longer. Seems to have about the same range as a ring spell - get enough distance and they just come over without their friends realising it. There may also be levels of aggro generation I'm not seeing - some of the spells may be producing hate like a damaging spell. I did most of my testing on isolated targets to make things easier.

Charm, dominate, or other control spells kill aggro. You can charm something that was angry at you, get behind it, and use the new dismiss charm feat to remove it, and they'll happily sit there so long as you don't make noise. Sometimes they'll be scripted to patrol, or otherwise move around a bit, which can get you spotted due to your proximity, but otherwise it's taken care of.

Don't use dominate to do that, btw - it's currently buggy, and the code responisble for making dominated monsters follow you persists. You'll dismiss the charm and they'll very slowly walk around trying to get to you.

Regarding things that have become psychic:
Some mobs are "jittery" (and I think more are now than prior to EU). They'll sort of fidget occasionally when standing still, and their perception cone can swing around while they're doing it. I've started keeping more distance while hiding behind things. Was running a low level character through Kobold's New Ringleader, and the first of the two lever rooms to open the locked door has 4 kobolds in it. They just would not sit still, and it took forever for an opening to occur so I could throw the switch. Jittery critters also tend to wander back to their original positions when you use a sound drag (somehow reduce move silent while keeping hide up - chattering rings are great for this, or invisibility while not sneaking).

Jittery bastiches aside, there have been some instances where I've seen mobs detect thing sthey shouldn't have. Orthons in genesis point appear to be one such case - they behave almost like they either:
Aren't facing the way they seem to be facing.
Have much wider "peripheral vision" than the norm.
I've also seen some of the bearded devils on the battlefield teleport directly to an invisible character (said character can sneak past them without, so they shouldn't be able to see him) when he attempted a sound drag. Normal behavior is to wlak over to investigate.
My guess would be that the announced changes in the AI included in the release notes may be slightly broken, but I haven't seen enough consistent weirdness to hazard a guess as to how.

On the bright side, said low level character was doing stealthy repo on hard with an insufficient move silently score (he's a FvS, so half ranks are a bear) to get past the shamans (high wis scores), and red foot flashies are no longer the mark of death - I managed to stay stealthed and get through some of the tougher patches without my hunters finding me, including a lever throw (and no, I have no idea how I pulled it off either :D ).

Talon_Moonshadow
04-22-2010, 06:44 AM

I had missed this part when I read your post the first time. Probably contributed to our issues.

Calebro
04-22-2010, 06:50 AM
Yeah, when I first read "Monster skills are static (can't change)" I was tempted to call BS. Last night's evidence would show otherwise!

But then again it's MrCow, so I just accepted it as fact. Had anyone else have said it, I would have argued for certain. :p

Blairgowrie
04-22-2010, 06:55 AM
I decided earlier that I'm going to spend the next few days power-leveling a toon on Thel so that I have some extra cash to throw around. Parvo and/or Blair may need a little helping hand. I'm not sure if either of them would be comfortable power-leveling like I'll do to fund it.

oi oi Cal:

No problem power levelling here, just haven't done it since the cap was raised past 10 :o. Still have a couple of non PD toons and they have enough cash to finance Vapourizer at low level, but certainly not enough at high level. If you PM me your power level toons name, I will throw a couple of names that you can add to your friends list.

Had a blast last night and looking forward to Sunday. Like the idea of doing it until we get it right. And some good information has come to light that reinforces some of the behaviour that we saw last night. Didn't try charm, so I will practice over the next little while to see how to make that work.

Cheers

Blair

MrCow
04-22-2010, 08:23 AM
Yeah, when I first read "Monster skills are static (can't change)" I was tempted to call BS. Last night's evidence would show otherwise!

But then again it's MrCow, so I just accepted it as fact. Had anyone else have said it, I would have argued for certain.

Like I mentioned, it is a longstanding issue (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=127758). :)

Calebro
04-22-2010, 01:23 PM
No problem power levelling here, just haven't done it since the cap was raised past 10 :o. Still have a couple of non PD toons and they have enough cash to finance Vapourizer at low level, but certainly not enough at high level. If you PM me your power level toons name, I will throw a couple of names that you can add to your friends list.

Kalebrus, monk, made him earlier and spent 2 hours at level 4 running solo. Monks are great to power level. They don't need much gear unless you want to be uber, and that's not why I made him. I'm basically just going to use him to twink for this game.

Think you can zerg in opposition to your PD habits?

parvo
04-22-2010, 07:07 PM

I don't know what you mean by this Cow. What I do know, everything else being the same, it takes higher stealth abilities on hard than normal and even greater still for elite. It's obvious in a quest like Stealthy reposession. There must be some misunderstanding.

Nevermind. I read the link you posted. Unrelated issue as I imagine all our group will have enough stealth for anything of our level. Our concern is higher spots and listens on hard and higher still on elite.

parvo
04-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Tipto will be better prepared next time with some potions and a bit of gear. A few action points and his stealthiness will be solid.

duncangolden
04-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Just stumbled across this thread, and it grabbed my attention. Is there any room left in the group? I love stealth tricks, but most groups do not make use of them. I can roll up an avatar on Thelanis, though I would be starting fairly from scratch, but it should not be a problem.

parvo
04-22-2010, 10:27 PM
just Stumbled Across This Thread, And It Grabbed My Attention. Is There Any Room Left In The Group? I Love Stealth Tricks, But Most Groups Do Not Make Use Of Them. I Can Roll Up An Avatar On Thelanis, Though I Would Be Starting Fairly From Scratch, But It Should Not Be A Problem.

Stealth Raids! :)

Blairgowrie
04-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Kalebrus, monk, made him earlier and spent 2 hours at level 4 running solo. Monks are great to power level. They don't need much gear unless you want to be uber, and that's not why I made him. I'm basically just going to use him to twink for this game.

Think you can zerg in opposition to your PD habits?

Lol ... zergin ain't the problem ... it's not zergin when I go back to PD that becomes the problem.

And as for monks ... have a couple of baby monks over on Argo that I was learning on. So far really enjoy them, of course I am still learning the combo's and trying to figure out how best to set up my hotbars to ensure a constant attack stream.

Will add Kalebrus and hunt you down this weekend.

Cheers

Blair

parvo
04-23-2010, 07:03 AM
I'm pretty flexible on Sunday, so you folks post your preffered time and I'll try to conform.

Talon_Moonshadow
04-23-2010, 07:33 AM
I'm pretty flexible on Sunday, so you folks post your preffered time and I'll try to conform.

Late afternoon/early evening EST is best for me. But mostly flexible right now.

Talon_Moonshadow
04-23-2010, 07:39 AM
Just stumbled across this thread, and it grabbed my attention. Is there any room left in the group? I love stealth tricks, but most groups do not make use of them. I can roll up an avatar on Thelanis, though I would be starting fairly from scratch, but it should not be a problem.

We have six who seem to be commited to it right now.

But being in dfferent time zones there may be some openings at times...we're still working all of this out.

Plus on May 17, I will start school on Mon, Tues, and Wed nights, and will be unable to play during those times.

Another option is that I have a bunch of stealthy chars.... on every server actually. Thelanis being my home, but there is room to do some sneaking around outside this groups normal running hours if you want.

Some of the other members of the group also seem to want to do some moonlighting on there regular chars, or other toons on Thelanis, and probably wouldn't mind sneaking around with anyone at any time I think.

parvo
04-23-2010, 04:50 PM
We need a guild name for the stealthy static. Actually, Stealthy Static isn't too bad but maybe something better. It's just easier to see who's online and where they are and what they are and stuff.

MrCow
04-23-2010, 04:57 PM
We need a guild name for the stealthy static. Actually, Stealthy Static isn't too bad but maybe something better. It's just easier to see who's online and where they are and what they are and stuff.

The alternative is to use a user channel. It at least pops up the amount of folks in the channel when you log on.

Calebro
04-23-2010, 05:03 PM

I vote for Ninja Hump, with the added goal of getting a SS of us all stealth humping every boss we can.
;)

Talon_Moonshadow
04-23-2010, 07:40 PM

Someday I'll actually expand my guild to a respectable size. :(

Talon_Moonshadow
04-23-2010, 07:40 PM
The alternative is to use a user channel. It at least pops up the amount of folks in the channel when you log on.

That's a neat idea too.

Calebro
04-25-2010, 04:00 AM
Since no one has suggested a time yet, I'm going to throw out 5pm CST. I'll check in earlier to see if anyone has a problem with this. I can play any time tomorrow.

Talon_Moonshadow
04-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Since no one has suggested a time yet, I'm going to throw out 5pm CST. I'll check in earlier to see if anyone has a problem with this. I can play any time tomorrow.

That's fine.

I should be on way before that, in one alt or another.

Calebro
04-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Oh, I forgot to stop by here earlier. I won't be there tonight. Someone called in sick and I couldn't find a replacement, so that means it's my responsibility.
I'll see you guys Sunday. Have fun!

parvo
04-29-2010, 07:40 AM
I forgot it was stealth static night.... Will try for Sunday.

Talon_Moonshadow
04-29-2010, 08:03 AM
I got on later than usual, looked for you guys. Looked here and saw that Calebro wouldn't make it. Assumed everyone took that as it wasn't gonna happen.

No biggie. Thelanis is my home anyway, I just logged on another toon and kept a watch out for anyone who might have showed up.

Hope to see you all Sunday.

Talon_Moonshadow
05-02-2010, 05:20 PM
You guys are getting so good at stealth, that even I cannot find you anymore. :(

Calebro
05-02-2010, 06:15 PM
You guys are getting so good at stealth, that even I cannot find you anymore. :(

:confused:
I was on for about an hour. I just ran the Depths series solo because no one else was on.... Is the friends list bugging maybe?

And I should note that I found out something new today. Wraiths don't have Life Sense like some incorporeal undead do. And either Glass Spiders don't have tremorsense, or they're too busy laying eggs to care about where you sneak to. No aggro from them either.
Their offspring is another story however....

Talon_Moonshadow
05-02-2010, 06:36 PM
:confused:
I was on for about an hour. I just ran the Depths series solo because no one else was on.... Is the friends list bugging maybe?

And I should note that I found out something new today. Wraiths don't have Life Sense like some incorporeal undead do. And either Glass Spiders don't have tremorsense, or they're too busy laying eggs to care about where you sneak to. No aggro from them either.
Their offspring is another story however....

Now that you mention it, I don't see you in my friend's list. :(
You were there before...strange.

Dread Wraiths do. Like the ones in the Orchard. But I know I have snuck by some other wraiths. Liked the named one in the first necro quest, behind the secret door. I've looted his chest before without agro. :)

Interesting about glass spiders. Are thay laying eggs? Cause they don't actually seem to attack anyway. But usually run over to you I think.

Just tried to see how far I could sneak through ToD. Got to the first purple names. (jailer..etc.) who instantly knew where I was as soon as they activated....seemed to even know beofore they turned around, as they teleported right to me.
Seen similar things with the Abbot. Seems to just know where I am right away.

MrCow
05-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Looks like you folks are having some of the same issues with people being on at the same time as I did 2 years ago with the stealth groups. :p

And either Glass Spiders don't have tremorsense, or they're too busy laying eggs to care about where you sneak to. No aggro from them either.

Those glass spiders do indeed have tremorsense. The reason why they don't seem to attack, however, is that they are scripted to lay eggs if they have less than 3-5 children out at any given time. If enough of the children are alive they will start to attack.

Just tried to see how far I could sneak through ToD. Got to the first purple names. (jailer..etc.) who instantly knew where I was as soon as they activated....seemed to even know beofore they turned around, as they teleported right to me.
Seen similar things with the Abbot. Seems to just know where I am right away.

This is true of just about every purple named critter, ranging from the Warforged Titan to the Gianthold Tor dragons. A few other select monsters also possess this ability.

Calebro
05-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Those glass spiders do indeed have tremorsense. The reason why they don't seem to attack, however, is that they are scripted to lay eggs if they have less than 3-5 children out at any given time. If enough of the children are alive they will start to attack.

The thing that I found interesting was that momma didn't follow. By the time her eggs hatched I was around a corner. The spiderlings followed when they weren't even around when I was there. But momma, who knew I was there, stayed put.
I thought it was strange.

Now that you mention it, I don't see you in my friend's list. :(
You were there before...strange.
You were on my list. Right there with a big red dot next to your name :)

And last week Parvo mentioned that he couldn't add me to friends. Neither of us are sure why. But if I was there before, you'd think that I'd still be there now. *shrug*

Talon_Moonshadow
05-03-2010, 05:36 AM
The thing that I found interesting was that momma didn't follow. By the time her eggs hatched I was around a corner. The spiderlings followed when they weren't even around when I was there. But momma, who knew I was there, stayed put.
I thought it was strange.

You were on my list. Right there with a big red dot next to your name :)

And last week Parvo mentioned that he couldn't add me to friends. Neither of us are sure why. But if I was there before, you'd think that I'd still be there now. *shrug*

When I didn't see anyone on, I exported Gladeshadow's friend's list and logged on other chars. I usually have the box checked to only show online friends. Didn't even consider that your char was missing. Since I know he was there. When Parvo said that last week I had looked at mine to check and saw you. Strange. But not like it would be the first freind's list bug.

Well, I re-added Calebrus. And I'm still interested in keeping this alive if we can.
Wouldn't mind one of Mr Cow's alts to join us either....hint, hint. ;)

MrCow
05-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Wouldn't mind one of Mr Cow's alts to join us either....hint, hint.

That would require me to have a character at-level that is stealth capable, which is something I can't guarantee.

parvo
05-03-2010, 10:53 PM
I have three excuses. I'm busy with school work. I'm having a blast in PD. I'm not really sure what time were supposed to go, especially on Sunday. None of those are really good excuses and you guys deserve better so I'll try. Wednesday, I'll be on.

I don't know anything about the friends list. I normally only play in guilds so I don't know why it wouldn't work. We should just go with a guild, then it's easy to see where folks are and if they log on. The added benefit of guildage is we can see the last time someone logged on, if we just missed someone and stuff. We might even think about setting up shop on a private guild forum.

Cow, unless everyone else stealth zerged in my absence, the characters are all level fourish. If you don't have vet status, that's only a few hours of questing. Probably worth it if you dig this stuff. I, for one, won't feel my DDO experience has been fufilled without once questing with the cow...

Talon_Moonshadow
05-04-2010, 06:34 AM
I have three excuses. I'm busy with school work. I'm having a blast in PD. I'm not really sure what time were supposed to go, especially on Sunday. None of those are really good excuses and you guys deserve better so I'll try. Wednesday, I'll be on.

I don't know anything about the friends list. I normally only play in guilds so I don't know why it wouldn't work. We should just go with a guild, then it's easy to see where folks are and if they log on. The added benefit of guildage is we can see the last time someone logged on, if we just missed someone and stuff. We might even think about setting up shop on a private guild forum.

Cow, unless everyone else stealth zerged in my absence, the characters are all level fourish. If you don't have vet status, that's only a few hours of questing. Probably worth it if you dig this stuff. I, for one, won't feel my DDO experience has been fufilled without once questing with the cow...

I'm gonna have some school issues on Wednesdays, starting the week of the 17th.

And no, our time isn't really set either...especially on Sundays.

If I can get the friend's list thing propery sorted out, I can just monitor it from any of my alts, and catch people as they log on...Thelanis being my home server anyway.

Maybe we could set up a chat channel to monitor too.

I'm trying to avoid playing Gladeshadow except when grouping with you guys. I did make lvl 5 with him, as I did run the Khorthos stuff on hard by myself the first day.

The chat channel idea may let us open it up to others if we have room. I think we only had a full six for a short time that first day anyway.

My Guildy seems to have some wife agro issues at times....especially on Sundays. He does play a lot but it's been kinda unpredictable lately. Not even sure what his rerolled char's name is now. He played Tythe with us that first day, but I know he made a new char he wanted to play instead. His Rog 20 is "Slipping" on Thelanis. Not sure if he ever posts on the forums or what his forum name is.

Anyway, hope everyone will keep trying to make it work out....had fun those couple times we got together.

Depravity
05-04-2010, 09:05 AM
So of course you guys go and do something like this, on my home server, whilst I am off on one of my irregular breaks from DDO. Nice. :D

I can't promise anything as far as playtimes go, and I'm pretty happy as far as guilding goes, but if anyone sets up a chat channel, PM me. More than happy to fill in where/when possible, and I do have a stable full of stealthies.

###edit###
Just in case anyone doesn't watch the zero punctuation reviews on escapist, Yahtzee's a stealth monkey as well.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1684-Splinter-Cell-Conviction
He goes on about the joys of stealth at about 3:55

Talon_Moonshadow
05-05-2010, 05:11 PM
The elusive wizard known as Gladeshadow is currently hiding somewhere in Stormreach. :cool:

Calebro
05-05-2010, 10:18 PM
I'd just like to give a big Well Done on a bunch of level 4's and 5's successfully (mostly) sneaking through Smuggler's Run. Going in I though for sure that we'd have more aggro than we did.

parvo
05-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Having found a nice steathable quest, I have to say, that was fun. Scoundrel's Run BTW Cal...

Cow, if you're listening, did you have a list of stealth friendly quests somewhere?

Calebro
05-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Having found a nice steathable quest, I have to say, that was fun. Scoundrel's Run BTW Cal...

Cow, if you're listening, did you have a list of stealth friendly quests somewhere?

Agreed.
And Cow, if you're listening, you also need a lowbie to join us. Talon said you logged a lvl19 in while we were on.

Talon_Moonshadow
05-06-2010, 05:48 AM
Had a lot of fun last night. I think we are definately improving. I think the only alert I remember from last night was when Calebro bumped into that wolf in the middle of about 100 Orcs/monsters out in 3 Barrel Cove. :)

The highlights of last night include getting conquest in Prove Your Worth. lol.
And having Onslaught before we killed Ferrier in Ghost of a Chance.....guess we shoud have listened to him and not touched that trap. :)

I felt like Scoundrel's Run was a success, even though we killed a lot in there too. We also snuck past a lot, and handled the agro well....especially for being under level.

We seem to have more success by splitting up. But I guess that's not really the goal of group stealthing....we all already know how to do a lot of this alone.
We still need to work on cooperating and not bringing monsters near enough to another party member to cause problems. Or getting between archers and out pets...

I personally need to figure out how to go around a corner without getting run over by a patrolling monster I didn't know about. :(

I successfully conned everybody into joining my guild. Muhuwawa. Hey! it's got an appropriate name.... :D
And now it will be easier to find each other.

Anyway. Had a lot of fun...looking forward to next time.

Talon_Moonshadow
05-06-2010, 06:18 AM
Here's a post where I asked about which quests are stealth friendly, and got a few answers:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=177491

Including this one straight from the Cow's mouth:

The general rule of thumb is if the quest doesn't require lots of kills (like Stormcleave, Archer Point Defense, Tear of Dhakaan), have lots of tremorsense monsters (such as The Pit or the Delera's series), or several spots requiring jumps with see invisibility monsters around then it is often stealthable.

Gwylan's Stand, Tomb of the Wizard King, Monastery of the Scorpion, Running with the Devils, Fleshmaker's Laboratory, The Bounty Hunter, the later Tangleroot quests, Freshen the Air, Maraud the Mines, Sykros' Jewel (until the duergar), Greymoon 1, 2, and 4, Cult of the Six 3, 4, 5, and 6, and Feast or Famine would make a good listing to try stealthy.

;)

Calebro
05-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Had a lot of fun last night. I think we are definately improving. I think the only alert I remember from last night was when Calebro bumped into that wolf in the middle of about 100 Orcs/monsters out in 3 Barrel Cove. :)
I honestly don't know where that wolf came from. He wasn't there a moment earlier....

The highlights of last night include getting conquest in Prove Your Worth. lol.
And having Onslaught before we killed Ferrier in Ghost of a Chance.....guess we shoud have listened to him and not touched that trap. :)
Not much we could have done about that though. All the levers were locked until most of the surrounding mobs were dead. We can't move on until we kill them.

I felt like Scoundrel's Run was a success, even though we killed a lot in there too. We also snuck past a lot, and handled the agro well....especially for being under level.
We only had about 14 or 15 kills in there when the quest completed. Considering we were all 2 and 3 levels below the quest, I chalk that up as a resounding victory.

We seem to have more success by splitting up. But I guess that's not really the goal of group stealthing....we all already know how to do a lot of this alone.
We still need to work on cooperating and not bringing monsters near enough to another party member to cause problems. Or getting between archers and out pets...
I'm not sure what you were doing standing in front of that door to begin with. I told you I was bringing a puppy for distraction.... I take no responsibility for that. :)

I personally need to figure out how to go around a corner without getting run over by a patrolling monster I didn't know about. :(
And I need to look *inside* cubby holes before moving into them for temporary cover. :(

I successfully conned everybody into joining my guild. Muhuwawa. Hey! it's got an appropriate name.... :D
And now it will be easier to find each other.

Anyway. Had a lot of fun...looking forward to next time.
me too!
in red

Talon_Moonshadow
05-06-2010, 07:07 AM
in red

lol.

I really want to complain about Ghost of a Chance.
Every single lever is locked until you kill 3-8 monsters who are near it. And so near a bunch of others that killing the required ones is sure to cause agro from others. :mad:

There is absolutely no reason for that kind of quest design. Really sad, as that would be an awesome stealth quest without those locked levers.

I realy doubt anyone would do it as a loot run....not like you could ever do that puzzle quickly, or that a lvl 5 quest would give any decent loot anyway.

Yet it could be a lot of fun for stealthy types if it wasn't for those stupid locked levers.

Prove Your Worth also upset me when every time you entered a room a new required objective showed up forcing you to kill everything to complete the quest.
Add in boxes that cannot be climbed over in stealth mode, with iron defenders right behind them and no way to pass un-detected. And a hall way that clases until you kill everything in the room. :(
Another good quest with stealth potential ruined for no good reason at all IMO.

I like both those quests, but it really upsets me that they force you to power kill your way through them.

Calebro
05-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Agreed, they should both be stealth friendly by design, but neither of them are.
It was rather disappointing, wasn't it? *shrug*

Still, I had fun trying to sneak through, even after we finally realized that it was pointless.
Every dam lever.... "It's locked"
dammit! But we MADE IT! :mad:

:D

Actually, you mentioning PYW reminded me that I need to run STK again, and farm p3 for a ring. I feel so under equipped here on Thelanis when I think about the crapola I have in the bank on Khyber....

Talon_Moonshadow
05-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Agreed, they should both be stealth friendly by design, but neither of them are.
It was rather disappointing, wasn't it? *shrug*

Still, I had fun trying to sneak through, even after we finally realized that it was pointless.
Every dam lever.... "It's locked"
dammit! But we MADE IT! :mad:

:D

Actually, you mentioning PYW reminded me that I need to run STK again, and farm p3 for a ring. I feel so under equipped here on Thelanis when I think about the crapola I have in the bank on Khyber....

I haven't kept a whole lot of lowbie items, and I don't really want to give up my Rings of Feathers.. :D
But if you guys need some money for some broker/Ah stuff. I could come up with a few tens of thousand plat. (can't afford to buy any RoF though...)
Should be able to find min lvl 7 FF items cheapy enough.

If we ever make it to lvl 12/14 ish, I've got quite a few things I could part with. a whole bunch of Greater Silent Moves robes/outfits for instance.

Use to have more but sold a lot of stuff recently that I never thought I would actually use.

We should run Sharne's Series for some good items.

parvo
05-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Pick Pockets should have been a skill in DDO. We should be able to make an attempt to pick pockets and retrieve a key instead of killing the mob for it.

Talon_Moonshadow
05-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Just remembered today was Sunday. Logged on ansd aw no one has been on.
Glad I wasn't the only one.. lol.

Well Mother's Day and all.

parvo
05-11-2010, 12:12 AM
Me too. Took the wife and kid to the faire. Seeya Wednesday.

Talon_Moonshadow
05-12-2010, 07:39 PM
It's lonely in the shadows of Stormreach today. :(

Talon_Moonshadow
05-13-2010, 05:41 AM
I start school next week, and cannot play Mon, Tues, Wed nights. :(

I'll also be starting a slow moving process this weekend, and may have Internet problems....so if I'm not on Sunday that is why.

But I'll be back eventually for Sundays and if you want to try another weeknight, I can do any night except Mon, Tues, Wed...

Hope we can continue this. I made all you guys officers so if you want to add any one new or new alts or something feel free.

Calebro
05-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Sorry about the loneliness. I got stuck working a swing/mid double and basically slept right through the session. I tried staying awake, but crashed out sometime after 5 or 6. Not sure exactly when.

Talon_Moonshadow
05-16-2010, 05:05 PM
So here I am on a Sunday.... and I decide to play my Mnk 18 for awhile.

I decide to sneak through Tomb of the Crimson Heart (inside right now). And wow!

There are many spots that the undead simply materialise as you enter a room....or drop from the ceiling. I've had to kill a lot so far because of this.

Looted the Shrouded Terror's chest right from behind his back... :D
So that is one wraith at least that does not have a Life Sense like ability.

But then came the Flaming Sphere......that followed me around of course....but that seemed to make noise that other monsters can hear!

This pack of ghouls just followed me (the Sphere) around till it disappeared! Never saw me, never knew I was there, but just kept foloowing that sphere around..
That was a new one for me!... lol

Edit: just had a similar situation with a priest who was agroed on me, and he was being followed by other undead who were ot agroed on me, but kept following him around while he looked for me....guess they can talk to each other.. :)

parvo
05-16-2010, 11:32 PM
I missed this session...but in case you didn't already know, the flaming sphere can be dispelled. Might be worth picking up a wand if you can use it.

Talon_Moonshadow
05-17-2010, 05:47 AM
I missed this session...but in case you didn't already know, the flaming sphere can be dispelled. Might be worth picking up a wand if you can use it.

My inventory list just keeps growing and growing and growing...lol.

Calebro eventually joined me, and we ran through a few things.....not too successful without killing half the monsters though....

We can certainly use stealth to avoid a lot of monsters, and we can certainly use it to gain tactical advantages and survive, and have fun with... but we're not to good yet at sneaking through even half a dungeon without detection yet. :(

But a lot of it is stealth un-friendly dungeons, and having to kill certain mobs to advance a quest, and the ones we have to kill being intermixed with other monsters.

We did have some success at Gwylan's Stand last night. Two lvl 5's in a lvl 7 dungeon. No rogue. The force trap never got set off (until we were done up there anyway). And a lot of what we did kill was when we found out half the named guys are required kills. :(

I know we have dungeon scaling now, but for two lvl 5's to do that quest with the ease that we did, was kinda cool IMO. Especially since neither one of us is a tank, and my guy is darn squishy and carries no damage spells.

Most of the kills were misadventure kills too. We did not try for the trapped chest, and there was one optional named who we did not kill, so we did not get his chest. But we got all the others and most of the mobs around them were still alive. (although we did agro alot of them)

I'm just saying, that if you PUG that quest you will see groups of higher lvl guys have a lot more trouble with it than we did. We shrined twice. Could've got away with shrining only once.

That was fun.

My biggest problem so far is patience. And not taking the time to really make sure I will not get seen.

We also have some strange results sometimes where monsters just seem to walk over to us or agro on us for now reason. Seems buggy at times.

Generally we kill everything that agroes on us, so we do not have to worry about them following us through the dungeon. So that means we have more kills than we should....but it's safer. (no red alerts like the first night... lol)

I think we're geting better, but not sure..

Still fun though.

parvo
05-19-2010, 08:02 PM
I poped on for a bit and tried to solo Freshen the Air on hard. I messed up and drew aggro, but I think it's doable, at least to the part I got to. Then my son begged me to play Gears of War with him... Hope to see the stealth crew soon.

Talon_Moonshadow
05-22-2010, 07:57 AM
I might not make it Sunday. Getting all my stuff delivered into an apartment. I do have Internet there, but I think I'll have too many boxes to unpack. But maybe I could pop on late sometime....we'll see.

Calebro
05-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Oh, gratz on the new place!

Calebro
05-22-2010, 07:44 PM
I will now be babysitting my nephews tomorrow, so I won't be able to play Sunday.

parvo
08-01-2010, 04:46 AM
I've been having so much fun in my regular guild, that I'd kind of forgotten about stealthy static. I just wanted to say it was fun, but would have been a lot more fun if the designers wouldn't have required killing most enemies in most quests. They could have come up with better ways to unlock chests and doors than killing everything in sight. It was good to meet this crew and play with Blair again. I wish you all well.