PDA

View Full Version : Docent of Blood

Rexmundis
04-12-2010, 06:18 AM
Trying get a hold of this, supposedly level 2 item only found in Bloody Crypt. Anyone know the price on one? Anyone selling one? Thanks.

EddieB_TBC
04-12-2010, 06:22 AM
Trying get a hold of this, supposedly level 2 item only found in Bloody Crypt. Anyone know the price on one? Anyone selling one? Thanks.
What server might be a useful bit of info.

FuzzyDuck81
04-12-2010, 06:36 AM
iirc this is no minimum level, but bound to account (maybe character?).
It requires you to combined a scarab from each of the tombs in a set to make the dust, which you then turn in for the item. (a rather convoluted way of getting a reward from collectables). The scarabs & dust themselves aren't bound & can be traded in the auction hall. unfortunately im at work at the mo & cant remember the names of the scarabs or set of tombs involved, try checking the combined loot thread :)

flash145
04-12-2010, 06:51 AM
iirc this is no minimum level, but bound to account (maybe character?).
It requires you to combined a scarab from each of the tombs in a set to make the dust, which you then turn in for the item. (a rather convoluted way of getting a reward from collectables). The scarabs & dust themselves aren't bound & can be traded in the auction hall. unfortunately im at work at the mo & cant remember the names of the scarabs or set of tombs involved, try checking the combined loot thread :)

I am pretty sure this is mis-information Fuzzy. None of the Blood scarab turn-ins give a docent. HOWEVER, there is a docent from the shadow crypt scarabs:
Morleth's Docent (Docent) +2 Enhancement, Wizardry II, Lesser Arcane Sigil.

The Docent of Blood - (Docent) +2 Docent, Blood is a drop from end chest in Blood Crypt and is not bound to account or chr.

Check here http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121279 for a GREAT guide to loot drops for future reference.

FuzzyDuck81
04-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Fair enough, must have confused the 2 - i tend to forget about the scarab turn-in items, except for the trinket from the 3rd set

Rydin_Dirtay
04-12-2010, 03:51 PM

On Khyber, I have yet to see one on the AH, which kind of surprised me.

Then again I only started looking for one about 6 months ago. I will say this. I recently ran Bloody Crypt 7 times in a row, trying to pull the Blood Docent. No go. It's just one of those things, ya grind time after time, and eventually it'll drop.

It's just hard to farm that quest since you either have to find an opener or be flagged (do the 4 pre-quests) yourself.