PDA

View Full Version : DDO Store Weapons bound?

Toddlwarren32
04-11-2010, 09:40 PM
I am sure that there is an answer to this question somewhere on the forum, but I have done a search and haven't found it. :) So...

Are the weapons bought in the DDO Store bounds to the toon or are they bound to the account? Bascially, if I buy a store weapon, will I be able to send it/trade it to another toon on my account? Or is it just for the toon that bought it?

Thanks!

Lorien_the_First_One
04-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Do not under any circumstances waste you money on that stuff.

You will find weapons and armor of that quality VERY quickly in game.

Toddlwarren32
04-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Do not under any circumstances waste you money on that stuff.

You will find weapons and armor of that quality VERY quickly in game.

Cool, thanks for the warning! I won't waste money on it then.

But, hypothetically speaking...:)

If someone were going to buy a weapon from the store, would it be bound to the toon or not?

Memnir
04-11-2010, 09:52 PM
I think Store bought weapons are bound to account, but I can't say for sure since I've not bought once since the first day the Store came out.
So, they would pretty much be bound to the character, unless you also have bought the Shared Bank... which is the only way to swap BtA items from one alt to another.

But Lorien is right, don't buy weapons from the Store - as they are an utter waste of points.

GreenGurgler
04-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Hello and Welcome to DOO. We hope you love it and stick around.

As for your question, I believe they are bound to character not account, but I am honestly not certain of it.

But I have to agree with Lorien, dont waste your money or TP on those items. You WILL Find that kind of basic +1/+2/+3 stuff in no time flat running normal quests. This isn't 'Vet speak' like someone saying "anybody can drop three tomes a week" kind of BS, but really, you can drop that same stuff (that you could buy in the store) so so easy.

Save your $$/TP for buying mods.

My 2 cents. ;)

Toddlwarren32
04-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Thanks, everyone. Good to know that I can get those items as drops and don't have to buy. The reason I was thinking about it is b/c my monk is lvl 4 and I have yet to see a +2 item. But, guess I just need to be more patient. Thanks again!

Lorien_the_First_One
04-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Thanks, everyone. Good to know that I can get those items as drops and don't have to buy. The reason I was thinking about it is b/c my monk is lvl 4 and I have yet to see a +2 item. But, guess I just need to be more patient. Thanks again!

So times luck is with you, sometimes not.

At your level if you run the 'sharn syndicate' the "nicked" weapons you get in that chain will serve you well.

Quanefel
04-11-2010, 11:30 PM

There are many +1 or +2 weapons/armor scattered around House P, D and K at brokers for cheap base prices. The Auction House also carry those basic weapons fairly cheap or you can ask in the help chat on any server to find most people tossing them at you if you really need one. Look and ask around.

TasteTester
04-12-2010, 08:04 AM
To confirm (because I was foolish enough to buy armor and a weapon when I first started playing :o ) Turbine store weapons/armor are bound to account and can be put in the shared bank slot. They can't however be sold off to vendors once you realize how stupid you were to have spent the Turbine points on them and need the bank space, you just have to discard them.

MrkGrismer
04-12-2010, 03:05 PM
At level 4, believe it or not, you are just starting out. Kothos is basically a 'tutorial', and almost all of the harbor quests for your level are 'easier then an average adventure of this level'. You can get +2 weapons and armor at the end of Water Works sometimes, and Irestone sometimes. Here and there in some of the other harbor quests (but more rare). Once you reach 6 you should be seeing +2 stuff more regularly.

(all in my experience, of course)

Kawabonga
04-12-2010, 03:09 PM
To confirm (because I was foolish enough to buy armor and a weapon when I first started playing :o ) Turbine store weapons/armor are bound to account and can be put in the shared bank slot. They can't however be sold off to vendors once you realize how stupid you were to have spent the Turbine points on them and need the bank space, you just have to discard them.

Stupid eh! Jeeez I do feel stupid now that these +4 plain weapons seems very... plain... and useless.

390 TP down the drain right there!

TasteTester
04-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Stupid eh! Jeeez I do feel stupid now that these +4 plain weapons seems very... plain... and useless.

390 TP down the drain right there!

Chalk it up as a learning cost, that's what I did. ;)

The big problem with the store gear is that you can't make a little money off of it when you're done with it. With gear from in-game you can auction it and maybe recover some or even most all of the price, or at least sell it off to a broker. Not so with store brought gear. Once you've run a few quests and replaced it, it's just wasted bank space.