PDA

View Full Version : GenCon 2010 - True Dungeon Event

Steiner-Davion
04-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Hey everyone, its that time of year again, after 3 1/2 hours I managed to get some extra True Dungeon Tickets. If you could not get your and want to run with some fellow DDO Player let me know. I have the following tickets available at $40:

NOTE: Each event is 2 HOURS long, and you should show up at least 30 minutes before hand ot get set up.

We did this last year and it was a lot of fun, and is a great way to meet follow DDO players. Either post here or send me a PM.

"The Evading Hilt" (https://www.genconreg.com/events/14617) Friday Morning at :10:38AM, x2 Avail

Steiner-Davion
Samius
cdbd3rd
geoffhanna

"DragonWard" (https://www.genconreg.com/events/14745) Thursday Afternoon 12:37PM, x7 available

Steiner-Davion
Ninjaofthesea
cdbd3rd
Samius
Tobril
Torrance
Shuhei
Griphon

Uska
04-11-2010, 04:59 PM
I am so jealous maybe next year but then I like orgins better anyways I hope you have a blast. let us know how it went and tell us about plus give us some pics if you can.

cdbd3rd
04-11-2010, 05:28 PM
In!

PM sent.

:)

Tobril
04-11-2010, 05:56 PM
As previously discussed I would like to make a True Dungeon event, but would prefer to be with Defense Guild members.

Let me know what slots work out, and how to give you $$.

Steiner-Davion
04-12-2010, 08:54 AM
List Updated.

There are 3 of us Defense Guild Members in the smaller group for "The Evading Hilt".

Still plenty of room in Nightmare DragonWard group. If push come to show, Samius may swap his group of into mine, if it doesnt fill up.

Krysta_Shadowvol
04-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Due to circumstances beyond our control we won’t be able to go to GenCon this year.:(

Makes me sad so you all need to have fun for me this year and maybe I will see you next year.

cdbd3rd
04-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Due to circumstances beyond our control we won’t be able to go to GenCon this year.:(

Makes me sad so you all need to have fun for me this year and abbey I will see you next year.

So that still hasn't been fixed yet, hunh?

/makes a couple more calls.... "Yeah, agent Z? Yeah, that list I gave ya? yeah... seems that was my shopping list. Right. No, no. The arrows sticking out of that loaf of bread were priceless, not to mention the frozen turkey that'll never be the same, but it.... No, I understand, it's okay. But here's the thing. Still got a problem, and needs fixin. Yeah. Yeah. Pick up the new list at the usual spot. Right, with an additional fee for the extra arrows. Good luck." *click*

/Checks watch. *nods*

K, Krysta, that issue should be cleared up shortly. See ya guys there. ;)

Shaamis
04-12-2010, 10:44 AM
I am so jealous maybe next year but then I like orgins better anyways I hope you have a blast. let us know how it went and tell us about plus give us some pics if you can.

I'll be at Origins too, playing LFR.

Look for the shortest guy in the room, and call out "Shaamis!"

Tobril
04-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Update sent via pm.

Steiner-Davion
04-13-2010, 04:25 PM
/Filled Up

Thanks Everyone. This should be a lot of Fun, even if we get slaughtered i nthe first room on Nightmare.

cdbd3rd
04-13-2010, 04:33 PM
/Filled Up

Thanks Everyone. This should be a lot of Fun, even if we get slaughtered i nthe first room on Nightmare.

Wa, wait.... NIGHTMARE!!

I'm only level 2!! :eek:

:p

/Sorts tokens, adding extra magical arrows to the bag. ;)

Steiner-Davion
05-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Wa, wait.... NIGHTMARE!!

I'm only level 2!! :eek:

:p

/Sorts tokens, adding extra magical arrows to the bag. ;)

Yeah, me too! But it was either that or not experience this quest at all.

They seriously need to have a dedicated dozen T1 lines for the dedicated servers that do TD Registration with a dedicated Month of registration. It was incredibly frustrating this year.

Steiner-Davion
05-30-2010, 07:40 AM
/updated

cdbd3rd
05-31-2010, 03:57 PM
Yeah, me too! But it waseither that or not experience this quest at all.

They seriously need to have a dedicated dozen T1 lines for the dedicated servers that do TD Registration with a dedicated Month of registration. It was incredibly frustrating this year.

You weren't joking?..... :o

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt291/cdbd3rd/ohboy.jpg

/*punts "IMG code is Off"*

:)

Steiner-Davion
06-15-2010, 11:48 AM
1 ticket just opened up for Friday's True Dungeon Event.

Cost is $40 (face value).

geoffhanna
07-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Me me me PICK ME!

Ninjaofthesea
07-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Note, for people new to True Dungeon:

You will need some tokens. These are sold in sacks of 10 at $10 each with bonuses if you buy in bulk (e.g 1 free bag if you purchase 10) - you will receive ONE free bag with your ticket. Last year if you were a VIG they threw a bag of tokens into the swag as well.

I just received an email from True Dungeon, stating that they will have a limited quantity of tokens for sale there starting Wed at 1pm-5pm and additional hours throughout the con.

You shouldn't purchase these at the last minute as you will probably want to trade tokens around the group to get everyone outfitted properly. So you will also want your group to meet up early to partake in this ritual.

Last year I remember a few vendors selling tokens in the exhibit hall - these would mostly be for rares and ultra rares and can cost a pretty penny - just do a search on e-bay for True Dungeon to see what I mean.

See you all there!

Steiner-Davion
08-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be arriving late Wednesday night. I have the tickets. I am staying at the Marriot.

I can be reached via PM/email or Twitter on my phone while I am at GenCon.

Looks like we had a last minute cancellation for Thursday's Defense Guild Run, so there is 1 more ticket available.

Shoot me a line and we can work out when to meet up, but it would be best to show up AT LEAST 30-45 minutes early to ensure we are all geared up properly.

Griphon
08-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Steiner,

Put me down for a Friday run on the True Dungeon.
I've never done it b'fore, cuz I'm always booth-help.. But hey. Give a newbie a break ;)

Steiner-Davion
08-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Steiner,

Put me down for a Friday run on the True Dungeon.
I've never done it b'fore, cuz I'm always booth-help.. But hey. Give a newbie a break ;)

Done. Check your PMs.

Krysta_Shadowvol
08-04-2010, 06:21 PM
So that still hasn't been fixed yet, hunh?

/makes a couple more calls.... "Yeah, agent Z? Yeah, that list I gave ya? yeah... seems that was my shopping list. Right. No, no. The arrows sticking out of that loaf of bread were priceless, not to mention the frozen turkey that'll never be the same, but it.... No, I understand, it's okay. But here's the thing. Still got a problem, and needs fixin. Yeah. Yeah. Pick up the new list at the usual spot. Right, with an additional fee for the extra arrows. Good luck." *click*

/Checks watch. *nods*

K, Krysta, that issue should be cleared up shortly. See ya guys there. ;)

awe thanks for the attempt but I am saddened to say that it was to no avail we shalt not be able make it, there's always next year.

cdbd3rd
08-09-2010, 09:29 AM
awe thanks for the attempt but I am saddened to say that it was to no avail we shalt not be able make it, there's always next year.

Will be counting on it. :D

From the Riddle Reveal on Sunday.... (Let's see how many I can remember that we didn't get)

First off, the puzzle with the die shaped pieces - the pieces were just the shapes of the individual planes of the dies, with the 4 triangle pieces being color coded to the original dice sets in the basic sets. (So d4, d8, and d20) Didn't we try the blue d12 piece on the "12"? According to the solution, we should NOT have taken damage for that. :confused: / :mad:

Ah, the anagram of "House Title" was "Silhouette". Twas just an extra clue on top of the card anagrams.

The arrows & keys - we were on the right track, making the arrows then using that to track the wall to the right key. Apparently it was also pictured in one of the earlier rooms.

The room with the hands - this was a groaner. There were four of the blades on the wall that were 2" longer than the others. These were aligned with the buttons that would disarm/reset the trap. (Makes me wonder if the one blade we had that was broken was one of the 4...) :rolleyes:

The fruit/face room - The staffs were a musical clue, with the faces a round the room set as notes on a staff. The positions were the notes, "F-E-E-D-E-G-G-F-A-C-E" (Feed Egg Face)...

The bat hanging next to the clue in the final room was the hint to turn the lock over. We had the '7 sins' part right. [ "SNISL", inverted is "7SINS" ]

The room with the big maze box - while popular, I guess was a royal pain to make the box. And the room with the 3-d glasses. Makes sense the good stuff would be the hardest to make.

Lastly, the auction before the Reveal was fun - even if everything went far beyond what I could get with a 250gp diamond token. :o Was really hoping we could nab one of the 10 Stirges by pooling resources, but they went just out of reach. Smoaks two 'rings' he was wearing were actually Ultra Rares - a ring of Wizardry, and.... forgot what the other was. Those were auctioned off - then the two Recipe tokens of some uberness beyond my understanding - went for ... what was it, like 140,000gp each? Something like that.

geoffhanna
08-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Hey just wanted to say I had a great time, and thanks to Steiner for putting this together!

Steiner-Davion
08-13-2010, 08:28 AM
True Dungeon Survey (http://surveys.marketpointsinc.com/tdsurvey2010.asp?p=scg6if4)

I just received the above survey from the folks at True Dungeon. Not sure if it is person specific or not, but if you can please take a few minutes and let hem know what you think, especially about the end fight in DragonWard.

When I get the newsletter email about the Riddle Reveal I will post that here as well.

cdbd3rd
08-13-2010, 11:38 PM
True Dungeon Survey (http://surveys.marketpointsinc.com/tdsurvey2010.asp?p=scg6if4)

I just received the above survey from the folks at True Dungeon. Not sure if it is person specific or not, but if you can please take a few minutes and let hem know what you think, especially about the end fight in DragonWard.

When I get the newsletter email about the Riddle Reveal I will post that here as well.

Just checked email and got mine done. Think I gave them some decent feedback on several areas.

The questions posed about expanded areas, as well as a TD cityscape sound intriguing! Prices on tix will certainly jump $2-4 for 2011 as they had intended that increase this year.