PDA

View Full Version : torc vs concordant opposition

sly_1
04-11-2010, 12:29 PM
So I know the torc is a highly coveted drop for a caster. My warchanter melee/buff (no cc other than irresistible and fascinate) bard could use one. At the same time a concordant opposition item is something I'm guaranteed to get if I run enough shroud whereas obtaining the torc is pure luck, might get it next run might not get it in 80 runs.

But regardless of the odds of getting a torc, is the conversion to sp from a torc substantially better than from concordant opposition?

At the moment it feels like concordant would be better, as I'd be able to pick and choose the other upgrades as opposed to the torc which, beyond the dmg -> sp perk doesn't do that much for my build. Don't need spell pen cause don't have the caster lvls or feats or enhancements to cc anything.

So what ay you vets? should I try to farm a torc anyway or stick with concordant?

Visty
04-11-2010, 12:32 PM
get both, they stack

but if you really have to choose, torc is better

Sirea
04-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Like Visty said, ideally you want both of them, as they will both get their own chance to proc. The Torc's proc rate is higher, though. My suggestion would be to save your necklace slot for the Torc, and make the Con-Op in another slot (goggles is usually the best but if you're a melee bard and going for, say, Tharne's, then you could go with gloves or boots or whatever your gear set-up allows).