PDA

View Full Version : Fix some longstanding bugs.

LeLoric
04-11-2010, 02:26 AM
Pots while raged

Way overdue, this one alone has made me not enjoy playing my barbarian.

Blinded mobs moving while stunned/dancing/held.

Annoying and invalidates a strong tactic in epic. 50% miss chance and decreased ac would be great unfortunately it's a pain to chase down the mobs once you stun or dance one.

Deception/unbalancing strike.

Not necessarily a confirmed bug but clearly bad design. Not huge now as deception is pretty weak but I can see some major issues in the future. Epic Treason could be given some awesome modifications but would not be used due to the deception mod. I fear the same will happen when acrobats get their third tier and cant use the tod set due to unbalancing. There is no reason the mob has to move when these happen. Anyone using one of these effects in Epic dragon will cause a wipe.

Vhlad
04-11-2010, 03:03 AM
Deception/unbalancing strike.

Not necessarily a confirmed bug but clearly bad design. Not huge now as deception is pretty weak but I can see some major issues in the future. Epic Treason could be given some awesome modifications but would not be used due to the deception mod. I fear the same will happen when acrobats get their third tier and cant use the tod set due to unbalancing. There is no reason the mob has to move when these happen. Anyone using one of these effects in Epic dragon will cause a wipe.

You'd think turning the dragon around would make him spit fire in the wrong direction, but no! He cheats, spits fire at you, then buries his face back into the rockside so you can't tell when he shoots fire from his nose.

So not only do we have to worry about pugs running passed the barrier and starting the fight too soon, but we also have to worry about unbalancing strike (monk ability or TOD set) and deception. C'mon Turbine. Make these abilities more raid friendly and not cause the AI to go haywire. Players can totally alter the behaviour of some mobs via ranged deception weapons. In my 22 years of PC & console gaming, I've never seen a weapon mod so bad that it renders any weapon it's on useless before deception in DDO. The current implementation of deception is like a punishment, that ruins random loot and named items. But it didn't always have this effect on AI, what gives?

Danneskjold184
04-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Another bug: If you climb a ladder, jump and catch it again, you can perform actions like Attack, use items, and cast spells.