PDA

View Full Version : MultiClassing Barbarian WF

Rexmundis
04-09-2010, 08:03 PM
I was considering building a WF Barb with some heavy levels (maybe even up to 9 for Rezz). Will this work? I'm looking at the barb stuff and I miss out on a couple things here and there (mostly Might Rage and Tireless Rage) but will my cleric stuff make up for the losses? Any ideas?

BlackSteel
04-09-2010, 08:06 PM
rage prevents casting.

the only good thing about mixing a caster class with a barb class is the run speed (if mostly caster) or self healing (if mostly barb)

more than 1 level splash in either direction tho is a very very bad idea. particularly since you cant cast while raged, and a barbarian gets roughly a 30% jump in DPS just by hitting level 18 and taking Frenzy Bezerker 3.

Consumer
04-09-2010, 08:08 PM
So you want to multiclass cleric and barbarian. Its really not a good mix as you cannot cast spells while raged. If you want to play like a barb and have self healing at the same time I would make a lord of the blades favored soul build.

If you have 32 point builds you could also make a Warforged paladin which could heal with LoH and would have very high short term dps.

redraider
04-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Here is the great thing: +1 LR and +3 LR!!!!

Make that Barb with a lvl of wiz for self healing (and blur/shield/stoneskin/etc). Take a lvl of Clr too if you want to heal the rest of the grp with wands and stuff.

You can always LR out at end game.

A blast build for leveling!

LR'd into a perfect build for end game!

Having your cake and eating it too!