PDA

View Full Version : The Greasy Archer Build

Rexmundis
04-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Since the spider archer build may take up too many points or be too cost restrictive. How about take 1 level of bard and getting grease. Take Enlarge and you are ready to go as an archer.

I dont exactly know how big the grease radius is but can you effectively keep opponenets on the ground (at least for a bit) while you whittle away at them with archery? What do you think about the build, is it possible and viable up to 20th and beyond?

Visty
04-09-2010, 11:52 AM
grease dc is 11
even most lvl2 chars make their save and dont fall

what you can do is stay pure ranger and play with the ensnare spell. similar to web , str check instead of reflex (and thus more likeley to fail) but single mob only

Rexmundis
04-09-2010, 11:54 AM
grease dc is 11
even most lvl2 chars make their save and dont fall

what you can do is stay pure ranger and play with the ensnare spell. similar to web , str check instead of reflex (and thus more likeley to fail) but single mob only

Ah, just saw Grease in action. It must be the BEST SPELL that Turbine devs have come up with it, looks like a ton of Fun... in a non-combat sorta way. Very COOL spell.

However, I think the grease doesn't need to actually make anyone fall, from what it looks like it slows creatures down (slip and slide) thus it's neccesary that they fall over just shoot them while their are slipping all over the place?

Grifarr
04-09-2010, 12:05 PM
I keep a couple 3 charge grease clickies on my AA for use as you described. There are lots of them on the brokers. Better than splashing bard for grease and missing out on ranger capstone.