PDA

View Full Version : Horoth has Blasphemy, how about clerics getting Holy word?

Riggs
04-07-2010, 04:28 AM
I mean it is ALSO a level 7 cleric spell.

And Earthquake, Antimagic field, Repulsion, Storm of Vengance, Dimension lock, the wizard spell Sunburst (radiant servants?) and Gate (make it create a portal that can go to the teleport locations so anyone can use it?)

And Miracle, like Wish. But give it the one easily implementable feature listed - to mimic ANY spell (including a wizard spell) of level 7 and below.

Most of the effects exist in the game already. Cleric spell lists has them...so why dont clerics get them?

Schmoe
04-07-2010, 03:35 PM
I agree. I would love to see the spell lists expanded, both for divine and arcane casters. There are some sorely missed spells.

I mean, Righteous Might, anyone? What Cleric/Barbarian worth his salt would be without that one?

REALb0r3d
04-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Just take a light monk with you. You guys get this noone will take us anymore :(

Emili
04-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Just take a light monk with you. You guys get this noone will take us anymore :(
... and why not? Quite frankly to have some dependancy on a class for a minute buff as a reason for bringing said class - sucks... and to be quite honest, if someone was taking me someplace just so they can get a silly buff - that would bloody suck also.

Schmoe
04-07-2010, 03:50 PM

There's room for everyone in my parties! I would hope that most people just get a group of friendly folks together and figure it out, rather than trying to piece together a perfect jigsaw puzzle of a group. That's what I do, anyway.

REALb0r3d
04-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Its a 1 minute buff, and I'm a dark path monk anyways. Everyone's screwed! :p

Xeraphim
04-07-2010, 04:09 PM

They already don't take us. Nevermind the DPS at a higher noncrit constant than most other builds in the game...

sirgog
04-07-2010, 05:07 PM
... and why not? Quite frankly to have some dependancy on a class for a minute buff as a reason for bringing said class - sucks... and to be quite honest, if someone was taking me someplace just so they can get a silly buff - that would bloody suck also.

Remember the time that casters were considered Displace and Haste bots in Amrath?

hydra_ex
04-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Remember the time that casters were considered Displace and Haste bots in Amrath?

You mean they're not? :D

chester99
04-07-2010, 05:24 PM
one of the things that ddo has distorted from pnp is by having so few good spells, there is no penalty for choosing sorc or fvs over wizard and cleric. w/out more good spells, you really have to ask yourself why you've chosen either wiz or cleric over their beefier cousins....

Riggs
04-08-2010, 04:29 AM
one of the things that ddo has distorted from pnp is by having so few good spells, there is no penalty for choosing sorc or fvs over wizard and cleric. w/out more good spells, you really have to ask yourself why you've chosen either wiz or cleric over their beefier cousins....

That too.

Ever since mod 5 only a few spells are generally useful, so sorcs and now fvs are 'better' in almost every way possible.

Trillea
04-08-2010, 04:36 AM
Hopefully the lack of good spells will be changed in Update 5 when they add the new Pale Master spells. By that I mean I hope more spells besides just those are added.

elricken
04-08-2010, 02:19 PM
This post is pure WIN!!!!!!!

MORE SPELLS FOR ME AND MY ARMY OF GIMP CASTERS!!

(+1 rep just because I love posts about adding new spells)

Riggs
04-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Hopefully the lack of good spells will be changed in Update 5 when they add the new Pale Master spells. By that I mean I hope more spells besides just those are added.

That would be a hope.

DDO needs more variety of spells, and more spells that are useful.

Fvs>cleric, Sorc >wiz. More mana (and faster casting for sorcs) trumps more spells when most spells are useless or have very little use.

Chai
04-20-2010, 03:49 PM
And Miracle, like Wish. But give it the one easily implementable feature listed - to mimic ANY spell (including a wizard spell) of level 7 and below.

So, no one is going to notice that all divine casters now have firewall and all arcanes now have balde barrier and heal?

This is the same reason that domains have not been put into the game yet. Wall of fire is a fire domain spell as well as a 5th level druid spell.

Food for thought.