PDA

View Full Version : party vs solo (casual)

Herzakov
04-02-2010, 08:52 PM
It would be nice to know ahead of time what quests MUST have a party to finish (Delera's Reliquary, Devil assualt , etc)

Saying...."Well balanced party recommended" is not the same as "To finish this, you MUST have a party."

But if this was said, then people would avoid the quests mentioned. So...I guess if you play solo...tough

Lithic
04-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Quests that require more than 2 people (for switches or whatnot) have the tag "Party recommended, hirelings may not be enough" or something similar. Check out the entrance to crucible for the exact wording, I know its there at least.

TheDjinnFor
04-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Most quests I know say 'minimum X party members required, hirelings may not suffice.' when that is the case.

I'd argue that both of those are soloable with a hireling.

Hokiewa
04-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Yup, Deleras is absolutely soloable. One hireling for one lever in one part, that's it.

hydra_ex
04-02-2010, 09:21 PM
So is crucible, for that matter, but not all characters can do it.

Muldamai
04-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Depending on your class (wizard with Dimension Door comes to mind) most dungeons that indicate NPCs may not suffice can be finished if you get creative. There is a list somewhere on the forums that does list the non soloable dungeons.

Zenako
04-02-2010, 09:28 PM
It would be nice to know ahead of time what quests MUST have a party to finish (Delera's Reliquary, Devil assualt , etc)

Saying...."Well balanced party recommended" is not the same as "To finish this, you MUST have a party."

But if this was said, then people would avoid the quests mentioned. So...I guess if you play solo...tough

The problem is that there are really only a couple of quests that cannot be done by a single player, and even then not sure that is truely the case with Gold Seal Hirelings available. That would be due to the limits of what Hirelings can do.

That is not however saying that many quests would not be a serious challenge to most players without knowledge or skills suitable to complete the quest on their own. Some of the ones that come to mind become EXTREMELY challenging to solo, but they have been done. Since Hirelings are readily available, for either in game Gold or TP, I would venture to say that ANY quest you are asking about can be done by a single PLAYER using hirelings.