PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Divine Might needs a satisfying sound or something

Anthios888
04-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Dear Turbine Decision Makers and their Potentially Influential Underlings,

Everyone knows why paladins are so gimped. And why battleclerics are rerolling to favored soul left and right instead of raising their charisma. It's because Divine Might is just not satisfying enough.

Come on, if you're so filled with might, can't you flex your biceps or something? Can't you get a backrub from a transluscent smokin' hot archangel? These paladins can barely crack a smile when they use their incredibly expensive, supposedly uber superpower. This has got to change.

Let's look at the alternatives:

Barbarians go GRR!! OMG I AM SO STRONG! (or, if halfling, they rawr like a kitty)
Bards go merfolk's blessing splishy splashy
Wizards cast protection from elements megabombs
Monks have whole array of satisfying sounds and super cute animations
Sorcs make your screen rage red and can roast chestnuts over an open fire
Rangers go plink plink and, plus, no one can keep up with them
Favored souls can f****** FLY

Need I say more?

Please, Devs. Before anything else. Before airships and orcs and PrEs (OK, to clarify, before Deepwood Sniper III, but after Warchanter III). Before druid bugs, before alignment changes. This is a critical issue.

Please give paladins more satisfying animations/sounds. They are losing their faiths in Gods as we speak. With all of that charisma, they should feel uber.

Sincerely,

Rocka (AKA Anne)

Visty
04-01-2010, 05:02 PM
(or, if halfling, they rawr like a kitty)

i loled at that, its sooooooo true :D

KKDragonLord
04-01-2010, 05:09 PM
dont know what you mean by satisfying but yeah, id really like some "Pillar of light 'Hallelujah chorus'" effects for Smite evils, maybe the hallelujah should be reserved for Critical smites though.

we do have resistances, lay on hands and deathward... if only there were artificers to take the warforged healing role us WFs could break out our "blue armors" of Bladesworn Transformation effects without risking certain death.

Zeal and divine might could grant a holy glow or something perhaps.

Plus i'd advise them to add a "swooshing" sound for Evasion to make rogues, monks and rangers stand out a bit too.

if only we had a blood graphics option, sneak attacks could be really gruesome

Anthios888
04-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Hallelujah chorus sounds perfect. Implement now plz.

Jay203
04-01-2010, 07:58 PM
can't we just use the sound effect that the epic chest produce when opened?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gunga
04-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Holy Mackerel.

/signed

Stamp3de
04-01-2010, 08:05 PM
... "Pillar of light 'Hallelujah chorus'"...
Rofl /Signed

can't we just use the sound effect that the epic chest produce when opened?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

/Signed again!

asphodeli
04-01-2010, 10:02 PM
I vote for the succubus sound that one gets when you touch one from the DeGenev Brothers show :D

vettkinn
04-01-2010, 10:06 PM
dont know what you mean by satisfying but yeah, id really like some "Pillar of light 'Hallelujah chorus'" effects...

Lol. I approve of this suggestion. Good one comrade http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/Stalker7d7/redSmile.png?t=1269764753

kamimitsu
04-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Well, if you are a Defender of Siberys pally you get the cool 'sching!' wings-popping-out-thing. And, unlike the FvS version of wings, they are pure white (not coated in kobold urine for waterproofing).

They don't actually let you fly, but I think that's because Rhino is such a fat dwarf, and I'd bet the full plate isn't helping. Mebbe a few less Roasted Lamb Shanks and a few more runs to Meridia would help (he's so lazy now he found a Teleport Mask).

ps. Bad form on letting the uberness of Merfolk's Blessing be known in such a public place. Now every PuG is gonna be able to finish Shroud part I.

Ormindo
04-02-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm simply AGAINST Hallelujah chorus for smite evil. Think of 6 Paladins doing it. It would be... Funny. Not serious at all.

No, for Smite Evil, give us a great swing with a white ligthning from the sword. Like "!Tchac!" and white light with the blade (something different than the Holy effect. More like a golden light).

Cylinwolf
04-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Didya ever play one of those games where if you get a critical hit on the killing blow (Icewind Dale!) that the enemy was turned into a huge exploding pile of limbs, organs, and a cloud of blood?

I want that to happen to a purple-named when I smite evil.

Anthios888
04-02-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm simply AGAINST Hallelujah chorus for smite evil. Think of 6 Paladins doing it. It would be... Funny. Not serious at all.

No, for Smite Evil, give us a great swing with a white ligthning from the sword. Like "!Tchac!" and white light with the blade (something different than the Holy effect. More like a golden light).

6 paladins?! What server do you play on? Ghallanda used to have 5 paladins until 4 of them rerolled.

Ormindo
04-03-2010, 03:55 AM
I'm on Thelanis. And there's only a few Paladins there. But Hallelujah is too ridiculous.

Vikkus
04-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Hallelujah chorus sounds perfect. Implement now plz.

That would be awesome! I can just hear it now....