PDA

View Full Version : MyDDO= Memory leaks constant DDO restarts

smatt
04-01-2010, 09:28 AM
OK, so MyDDO has been out a while, yep it's in Beta I know.... And without goigninto all the various likes and dislikes of it.... I'm wondering...

Are there any plans in the works to FIX THE MEMORY LEAKS? Yes, the ones caused by swtiching characters, and the MyDDo dump.... After a few toon switches the lag becomes horrid, the log in and outs are so long, I could wash my truck while waiting. I mean at this point you may as well just make it so we have to restart the game everytime we switch characters. Not trying to be flippant.. But this is pretty annoying from a gaming standpoint. I mean does it matter what the content is in the game if you have to F- around just trying to play???

AZgreentea
04-01-2010, 09:30 AM
I thought the memory leaks were older than Myddo? I could be wrong, but thats what I gathered from different threads.

Aspenor
04-01-2010, 09:34 AM
I have had noticeable memory leak issues since well before MyDDO. Would be nice if they could fix it, it's annoying to have to restart my client every time I'm switching characters to go into a challenging quest.

smatt
04-01-2010, 09:35 AM
I thought the memory leaks were older than Myddo? I could be wrong, but thats what I gathered from different threads.

Well there are constant memory leaks all over the place. Tehre have been a few new ones created recently.. I've noticed A LOT more people (Longtime Players) having new porblems zoning into the Desert, Sub, Necro, Gianthold, and then DCing... That haven't had those problems for a longtime now. The ugly head of the serpent seems to be making a comeback :eek:

But MyDDO is clearly a big culprit these days...

One step at a time :eek::cool: