PDA

View Full Version : Looking for active/stable/loyal guild, but...

ristretto93
03-31-2010, 09:30 PM
...I am an under-equipped newer player only recently VIP.

Me:

I have been playing with the same static group of 4-5 friends since Oct '09 (FtP rush!) but am the only one interested enough in stepping it up a notch & paying to play. While I realize I have A LOT to learn, especially higher-end content, I feel like I have the potential to be a strong player. I do have serious RL requirements like my own business & a PT job so I can't and won't play obsessively.

My MMORPG experience is as an Everquest player (about 4 years as a rogue starting in '99). I have avoided most other MMOs since (dabbled a little here and there but nothing was really that engaging) until DDO went FtP. I am a D&D player, and have been since 1987 or 88 (age 13 or 14) from 1st edition through 3.5.

I found I have a solid grasp of DDO mechanics and have been only improving. I adapt well in new environments, improvise well in explosive situations, and can play as fast or slow as the people/situations around me require (I dont have problems with running content fast, I even think its fun! I don't 'inflict' this on anybody or make others suffer by doing it at the wrong times - I also like careful & methodical play even if it takes time, just as fun to me). I even have decent twitch skills which actually help (alot sometimes) in this game!~

If you can put up with my currently lacking gear and inexperience with higher level content, I will return the favor by treating people respectfully (and not being selfish/greedy), learning to do things as well as I can, and maybe saving your butt someday! I won't cry if you tell me I am doing something wrong, but then I would hope you would offer me a *more* correct solution and be understanding if I somehow screw something up. I am totally able to follow another's lead, or lead others when I know what the h*ll I am doing (or be entirely self sufficient when that is the thing to do). I have done (and lead) raids in other games (or game...as in EQ I) but not really anything other than Tempests Spine *once on normal* in DDO.

main character is Zilcho D'Void of Thelanis a lvl13 multi-classed rogue
http://my.ddo.com//character/thelanis/zilcho/

My *future* guild is:

~made up of mostly mature players (i am patient/tolerant/kid-friendly but have no desire to run with ONLY 'punk a s s teenagers' as it can be difficult to relate to their typically self-absorbed approach to everything). I am in my mid 30's and care alot more about my RL success than how cool I am in DDO (though, for a newb I'm cool as hell *grin* JK!)

~Active & Loyal! I want to play with other guild members in my level range (currently about to hit lvl14). I dont like to PuG very often (though I will often say yes if people approach me for help with a quest or want me to join them to fill out a group). I don't want a guild tag over my head that doesn't mean anything. These same people should be as willing as I am to help each other and play with each other.

~Experienced OR New guild is cool with me, as long as I have like minded players with me that like to be successful but don't expect perfection. I am fine with either all of us learning this stuff together as we go or playing with a 'well oiled machine' of a guild that knows how to get things done and does them! Player attitude & pure fun mean a lot more to me than obsessively becoming uber as fast as possible. I have fun with highly challenging circumstances that demand alot of my mind, and I also like to be successful in these challenges. I don't get upset often when there are failures, but I would leave any guild that was incapable or unwilling to work together.

~Not elitists! I already know how much gear I need and do not want to be rejected as a player because my character's inventory is not top notch. I already know I have a lot of content and raiding tactics to learn, so I do not need to be talked down to because I am new. I can handle other people showing off gear and skill, but elitism to me is the delusion that one is superior to another because of these things. If you have just looted something great and are stoked, I WANT you to show it off! Likewise, if you are a strong player feel free to impress me, cause I like learning new tricks too. In the end, this is one of many games I will have played so it will never be worth it to me to sacrifice anybody's dignity or my own for somebody else's illusion of super-status. I am over it already. Been there, seen it, can't stomach it and don't want to be expected to be like that.

~Good name! I have my vanity too, and I want a name that isn't tacky or embarrassing over my head. I know everyone's idea of this is different, and I am still open, flexible and have a good sense of humor.
IMPORTANT NOTE: I would actually reject a guild if the name is misspelled though, unless it is some kind of intentional play on words or something. Does this make me a bad person?

ALSO: I don't use a mic (yet?) but I can type while kiting alot of giants AND heal other party members at the same time. For the right guild I will buy a mic anyway, but not as a requirement to be invited to join.

No idea if anyone will actually read all of this, but it is worth a shot, huh?

If there are Guild Leaders/Officers that think I might be a good fit, send Zilcho a /tell in the game preferably. Or an in-game mail message? I don't really know how you all usually do this sort of thing, but I am totally comfortable with auditions if you'd like me to show you what i've got :)

you seem to have a clear head.

I will give you a shot if you would like.

www.darpa-guild.net

begbie
04-01-2010, 08:49 AM
^^ Alter would be a gr8 choice of player to run with...

And you'll notre: most Top Guilds (inc Legion lol) don't care whether a player is Best equipped, the top guilds really just want a person who is funny (key), serious about gaming, capable of learning and a good fit... don't get caught up in the bs.. you'll find that if you are interested in being a gr8 player and cool to run with, the more serious guilds like DARPA etc will be keen in stealing you for their roster.

Ministry
04-01-2010, 10:17 AM
^^ Alter would be a gr8 choice of player to run with...

And you'll notre: most Top Guilds (inc Legion lol) don't care whether a player is Best equipped, the top guilds really just want a person who is funny (key), serious about gaming, capable of learning and a good fit... don't get caught up in the bs.. you'll find that if you are interested in being a gr8 player and cool to run with, the more serious guilds like DARPA etc will be keen in stealing you for their roster.

/Emphatically signed on both notes.

If Alter runs with you and is impressed enough, then you are in good shape on the server... and yes, he will let us know how it goes.

:)

If he's not, then there are a number of other guilds in the mid range as well you might consider.

What Begbie stated in the end is CRITICAL, especially on Thelanis.

LawstCawz
04-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Alter stole my bike.

Judo
04-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Alter defiled my sister in the back of a Studebacher.

Alter defiled my sister in the back of a Studebacher.

good times

DagazUlf
04-01-2010, 01:44 PM
We also might be a good fit for you over at TES, http://tes.mmoguildsites.com

Look any of us up in-game.

ristretto93
04-02-2010, 04:52 AM
Thanks for the replies folks! Welcoming attitudes are refreshing indeed, and while it wasn't listed as a pre-requisite ...humor is a survival skill and must be continually honed in good company, and all the time soloing lately has made me feel a little too serious (okay...dull).

By the weekend I'm gonna be making contact and whatnot...its been an especially busy week.

Really...thanks all~