PDA

View Full Version : BONE BREAKING: A little effect on skellies?

Zaal
03-31-2010, 09:04 PM
Seems that a weapon with BONE BREAKING in the mix should be perhaps a tad more unkind to those creatures constructed of bone - thank you for reading :D

sirdanile
03-31-2010, 09:26 PM
*facepalm*

WHY didn't they add some damage to skeletons if bonebreaking procs in the first place?

Alanim
03-31-2010, 09:46 PM
slows Skeletal undead by 50%?

Or maybe the same effect as limb chopper on skeletal undead?

Zaal
03-31-2010, 09:51 PM
stop skelly archers from hopping around! :)

Nevthial
03-31-2010, 10:10 PM
Bone breaking could have just as easily been called Dex Draining. It's a stat damage effect is all . The name is for game flavor. Undead are immune to stat damage.

/Not Signed

tomfar72
03-31-2010, 10:21 PM
On the subject of Bone Breaking on Skelies..is it my imagination or did everyone die of natural causes? If this is a wartorn world, how come all the skeletons are in prestine condition? I want to see skeletons that lost a leg in life hopping around on one leg. I want to see Skeleton archers missing one of their hands. I want to see legless skeletons crawling toward you with a dagger in their mouth. Ok, maybe not..it was just a thought.

Zaal
03-31-2010, 10:52 PM
Bone breaking could have just as easily been called Dex Draining. It's a stat damage effect is all . The name is for game flavor. Undead are immune to stat damage.

/Not Signed

What are you not signing?

Missing_Minds
03-31-2010, 10:57 PM
Can't stat damage undead, hence why it doesn't do anything even if the name really should.
About the most you can do under that is crippling/hamstring effect.

Zaal
03-31-2010, 11:03 PM
Not sure that I was advocating STAT DAMAGE.

Something like... "Skeletons particularily dislike (if they had the int to think about it) the thought of Bone Breaking and suffer a... xxx"

Not really suggesting what xxx would be just that BONE BREAKING suggests so much more. Perhaps BONE BREAKING should be renamed...

me just throw'n out some rant to see what stickz!

Uska
03-31-2010, 11:31 PM
On the subject of Bone Breaking on Skelies..is it my imagination or did everyone die of natural causes? If this is a wartorn world, how come all the skeletons are in prestine condition? I want to see skeletons that lost a leg in life hopping around on one leg. I want to see Skeleton archers missing one of their hands. I want to see legless skeletons crawling toward you with a dagger in their mouth. Ok, maybe not..it was just a thought.

Umm if you were a necromancer making skellies wouldnt you use the best condtion ones you could:rolleyes:

Zaal
03-31-2010, 11:55 PM
Umm if you were a necromancer making skellies wouldnt you use the best condtion ones you could:rolleyes:

Well yeah but all the skellies I run into are practically perfect - DDO necromancers are the best!

It would be cool to see one skelly pluck from another its femer then jump into battle.
The other skelly drops and crawls to you only to attack your shins!

tomfar72
04-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Well yeah but all the skellies I run into are practically perfect - DDO necromancers are the best!

It would be cool to see one skelly pluck from another its femer then jump into battle.
The other skelly drops and crawls to you only to attack your shins!

Yeah, or you could have someone who was beheaded in life rise as a boss skeleton. You would fight their headless body while their skull sat on top of an altar talking smack to you the whole time.

Tovenar
04-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Skeletons should be able to merge together to form SUPER skeletons!!

Also non-humanoid skeletons!

Also, where are the gelatinous cubes?! WHERE ARE THEY!? THEY HAUNT ME!

Zaal
04-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Yeah, or you could have someone who was beheaded in life rise as a boss skeleton. You would fight their headless body while their skull sat on top of an altar talking smack to you the whole time.

+1 That idea rocks!

And, you can throw in an EMOTE to kick the skull so whatever direction it's facing would be the focus of the torso's agro! Maybe even incorporate that into a quest! "The headless skelly is heading towards us RUN!!!"