PDA

View Full Version : Time to go back to the drawing board

Kalari
03-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Im not saying this to rile up I am hoping this is taken as constructive criticism. With the launch of Unlimited came the presence of my ddo. Something that maybe the developers though we wanted since people wanted to see their character sheets and inventories without having to sign in right?

I think they tried but missed the mark.

1. People wanted to see their character sheets, combat data, bank inventories.

Currently My ddo does not provide all of this, it has a basic layout of your character what they are wearing, and stats that may or may not reflect what they truly are (signing out buffed) It does not give any detail of combat outside what quests you accepted and completed and what you have done during level up (Ie feats taken, skills and stat if applicable). Certain items showed do not give details ie greensteel, Dragon touched.

2. The site does not update regularly, characters who have been transferred to other servers are bugged and cannot be viewed even if you play them on a regular basis. The site recently has not been reliable at all for checking your characters due to many not updating at all some characters that have been played and level still stuck four or more levels behind with no updates. Using it to check to see what you left on last is pointless since it has not updated in weeks.

3. Layouts and color scheme, after all these months still no way to update this and change the myddo personal pages and blogs to a theme and layout that reflects the poster. There is currently nothing but the basic red scheme which many of us stated from day one was a color that we'd like to see changed or made like the forums a choice where we can at least change it to green, blue, orange or purple.

4. Load times are still very long and annoying. I dont know what goes into processing the information but the load time involved in signing into it and even pulling up characters remind me of my dial up days.

I think a true feedback Q and A is needed for answers on how to make this better. I see the potential in my ddo not just for viewing characters but having a game journal or blog is something very unique and can be fun if it was not for the issues above. I think if the team behind this project wants it taken more seriously will look at the issue stated and start asking the players what we would like to see done with my ddo, especially considering it involves our characters.

A combat data log, inventory panel for at least shared banks and better layout optimization is something id like to see especially if load times are going to take that long.

Waukeen
03-31-2010, 11:30 AM
1. No. Do not show the complete blueprints of characters, not everyone gets a raging nerd-on from listing their exact build. Do you want to see their inventory combat log etc? That is too much. And don't forget we are in the new era of lag (do you think this would add or lessen it).

As for the others yes, it could be faster, more customizable and relevant.

But moreover, who cares? Some use it, some don't (the ethics and opinions of which have been beaten to a pulp)

Eladiun
03-31-2010, 11:38 AM
1) I would love to see all my own data...save fishing for whose bank has what. I don't want everyone to see.

binnsr
03-31-2010, 11:41 AM
1) I would love to see all my own data...save fishing for whose bank has what. I don't want everyone to see.

what he said ..

Kalari
03-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Well they were supposed to make this whole thing where anonymous worked to block such things and granted when you click on your main characters page you can opt not to have them shown there. But if you have a name you can still pull up peoples information.

It all ties in though basically they threw this thing out there and I dont feel its being worked on seriously.

Like it hate it thats fine many of us who use it (and no not for screening people to me thats lame) have found it fun but still needs much work. I like the blog page a lot I just think that with better customization myddo would not feel like such a waste.

Cedwin
03-31-2010, 11:56 AM
I just want to be able to view all of my character's inventory/bank space in one place, so I don't have to login/logout to try and find lowbie gear.

Kalari
03-31-2010, 12:06 PM
I just want to be able to view all of my character's inventory/bank space in one place, so I don't have to login/logout to try and find lowbie gear.

That was one of the things many of us was hoping that my ddo was pushing for instead they really missed the mark. Instead they gave us a view of what our characters are wearing and a weapon for those with no lives to use to screen out those who arent dripping in greensteel.

Its silly that something with so much potential is being half assed. And I wish like other issues they have q & a about they would come to those of us who do use my ddo and ask for input. Even if its requests they cannot make happen any time soon I just feel they slapped this idea together without much insight and its a wasted effort as it is.

QuantumFX
04-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Personally, I think the character sheet info should be more robust and we should have greater control over who sees what.

We should have at least 4 categories of user groups. Player, Friends, Guild Members and General

Due to the co-dependency issues of most of the playerbase: A Basic character sheet should only be composed of Name, Guild, and build split. (Stuff you can already find in game) This should be available to all players.

The following options should be allowed to be shared based on user group. (See above)

Stats/Gear/Skills. Basically this is what everyone can currently see. Default: (Player, Friends, and Guild)
Player Association. Default: (Player, Friends, and Guild)
Character Bio. Default: (Player, Friends, and Guild)
Raid Timers, Raid Eligability and Completions. This would make My.DDO so useful in game. Default: (Player)
Bank Inventory. Default: (Player)
Shared Bank Inventory. Default: (Player)
Adventure Journal. I would actually like to see this improved in My.DDO. We should be able to see how many times we have completed a quest on a specific difficulty. Default: (Player)

WordPress Software.
OK, I understand why we don’t get to change the theme or add in Cascasing Style Sheets. I mean this isn't MySpace. But damn. You could fly a 747 through the leading on the H tags! Is it so hard to give us in-line CSS that can’t reference anything outside of My.DDO? It’s really pathetic that I have to abuse definition tags just so i can have some reasonable whitespace in my posts.

QuantumFX
04-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Here’s comp of what I think our character sheet should have.
http://my.ddo.com/quantumfx/wp-content/blogs.dir/7530/files/my-gallery/myddo-comp.jpg

binnsr
04-06-2010, 08:57 PM
that one, i like.

Kalari
04-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Same here Art that would work out amazingly.