PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Archer suggestions

Xyfiel
03-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Arcane Archer is the only 5 tier Prestige in game currently. With the latest update, it seems Arcane Archer is complete. One problem with AA is the progression of the PrE. Let me explain in detail, AA does progress, but by using stances, no longer gains any real benefit from its previous tiers. Other PrE's don't have this problem. Also, even slayer arrows still don't generate enough dps to bring the PrE up to others. As such, I believe AA stances should be a cumulative bonus.

So you could activate any stances with their corresponding mana cost, and they would stack. You could deactivate any stance at any time, but reactivation would cost mana again. Same as it is now except adding stacking.

As far as theory goes, it would look like this:
Force+acid+fire burst+force burst or fear+slayer. Best case dps scenario would be force burst+fire burst+acid, which is only about 25 more damage. Many things would be immune to one or more stances, or even healed by them. I think the 20 or so increased damage per shot is worth the extra mana spent, and helps bring the PrE close to where it should be. This extra damage also benefits characters with more mana who can use the stances when needed, such as Elf Wizards, Bards, and FvS.

I also would like to see 2 options for each tier, with more CC mixed in, something a Archer would use to keep mobs at bay, and more elements. For example:
Force or grease(target only)
Acid or Ottos
Shock burst(lightning bolt) or fire burst
Frost burst with 1d6 bludgeoning(Ice Storm) or Fear
Slayer or prismatic/dismissal/hold monster(whichever works best for balance)

Visty
03-30-2010, 04:07 PM
i ofc /sign it as it would make my char stronger, though it will never happen, as even only slayer arrows seem to inbalanced with repeaters and bows with all those stances would even be better then the slaying repeater

Xyfiel
03-30-2010, 04:13 PM
i ofc /sign it as it would make my char stronger, though it will never happen, as even only slayer arrows seem to inbalanced with repeaters and bows with all those stances would even be better then the slaying repeater

AA stances don't work with repeaters, and this would put an AA at about the same dps with a repeater.

sirdanile
03-30-2010, 04:14 PM
I wouldnt mind having more options and allowing two seperate imbues to stack.

Aesop
03-30-2010, 04:26 PM
I would like to see some static bonuses for the 5 increases

Arcane Archer 1 comes with True Strike and the +1 arrows

but all the rest only have the +x arrows and the other bonuses have a separate cost.

most bows people use at the highest levels are going to be Greensteel and thus +5 already this leaves us with having to buy the increase as a prerequisite alone.

I'm not sure what type of bonus would really work... I don't foresee multiple stances flying though

Aesop

Visty
03-30-2010, 04:30 PM
AA stances don't work with repeaters, and this would put an AA at about the same dps with a repeater.

and now take your guess why they dont
hint: read my post