PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness area objectives in LFM

Yan_PL
03-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Examplatory situation:
Imagine you're doing vale slayer, and want someone to help you with it, or someone to speed up your progress. How do you put it in the LFM in current version?

Common solutions and their weak spots:
Usually people do it this way: they leave quest selection empty and write something in description. In this case, sometimes F2P players request to join and then ask where to go, only to find out that: "Oh no, I can't go there, don't have that adventure pack".
Other commonly used way to put up a LFM for slayer is to put any quest from that area in quest selection, to keep away those who can't get into the area. But it also gets confusing sometimes, as people are joining in to ask if you want to do that particular quest.

Conclusion:
Current LFM for wilderness area objectives sometimes leads to confusion, misunderstandings. Usually the reason is that people don't read the group description or can't understand the description because they aren't familiar with the game.

Solution:
My suggestion is to put some entries matching wilderness areas in LFM's quest selection list, to make it clearer, more usefull, and less confusing. This is not a high-priority idea, but it will make LFM more intuitive. This way, getting a group for wilderness area objective will be a lot simplier.

How do I imagine it:
To get a group for Sorrowdusk slayer, you'd have to "create party" as for any other quest, and select "Sorrowdusk Isle adventure area" in "create party" window's "select dungeon" list. It would then show up in grouping tab of social panel with "Sorrowdusk Isle adventure area" and would be filtered out with "Hide content I don't own" option checked on for those who don't have it.

In case I made any grammar or spelling mistakes - please excuse me, for I am not a native english speaker.

vindicater
03-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Forget about spelling or grammer try to be clear in stating your case and objectives.

scampb
03-30-2010, 11:42 AM
We all know the LFM interface; built up to gather people for quests.
It even hides (usually, but not allways) info about groups in adventure packs you don't own.

Now imagine you're doing vale slayer, and want someone to help you with it, or to speed up your progress. How do you put it in LFM? Usually people leave quest selection empty, but in this case, sometimes F2P players request to join and then ask where to go, only to find out that: "Oh no, I can't go there, don't have that adventure pack". Other commonly used way to put up a LFM for slayer is to put any quest from that area in quest selection, to keep away those who can't get into the area. But it also gets confusing sometimes, as people are joining in to ask if you want to do that particular quest.

Current LFM for wilderness area objectives ==> Confusion, misunderstandings. Usually, because people don't read the group description.

My suggestion is to put in LFM's quest selection list some entries matching wilderness areas, to make it more usefull and clearer, and less confusing. This is not a high-priority idea, but it will make LFM more intuitive.

This way, getting a group for Subterrane, or Atraxia or even Waterworks slayer will be a lot simplier.

In case I made any grammar or spelling mistakes - please excuse me, for I am not a native english speaker.

Try this: Vale slayer/rare/explorer, must be VIP or have adventure pack, not f2p

Yan_PL
03-30-2010, 11:57 AM
scampb, trust me, I know how to do this; but people don't seem to read the descriptions and request to join anyway even if they don't have that pack or don't want to do what the group is made up for.
I want the interface to be a bit improved - I know it isn't a big change, but it is an improvment that won't cost much to add and test, and yet it will be handy.

Besides, you ever seen the quest journal? You can actually get "looking for a group" to do "slayer: xxx" status, but can you create a group to do it? No. That's inconsistence. When LFG and LFM systems are incompatible as such, it is kinda absurd, don't you think?